Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Official 2022 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread - 20th Year Anniversary!

Official 2022 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread - 20th Year Anniversary!

Old Dec 1, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I am so glad you liked your coffee gifts. You are supposed to save some of the biscotti to eat with your coffee, and that is a very highly rated French press. Hopefully the beans make great coffee! I am jealous as I love biscotti and cranberries, so the combination must be awesome and festive!
Old Dec 1, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Thank you! I highly recommend that combination. I'm going to have to order more of them to enjoy with my coffee lol
Old Dec 1, 2022, 12:39 pm

delete

Last edited by Marcia3641; Dec 1, 2022 at 12:40 pm Reason: deleted as I didn't do the quote correctly
Old Dec 1, 2022, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
He is in!
I haven't log in for a bit and just did so today and missed the sign up too. If you still have any spots I would love to participate if not, no worries. TIA
Old Dec 1, 2022, 1:42 pm

gifts

My first batch of gifts came. I got 7 different soaps from Australia-all very lovely, and soap types I've never had before. I will post a picture when I can. It was really nice on a gloomy gray New England day to come back from court and open my first Christmas present of the season! Thanks, Secret Santa-I love all of them!
FlyingCow and fishccy like this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: QF WP
I have an Amazon parcel which I believe is from Santa- I have put it to one side for closer to Christmas (I will be working so might do it a day before or after)
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Grace is participating in a few gift exchanges, and thanks to informed delivery, I knew we had a package arriving today. Imagine my disappointment when I found out it was for the dog!
FlyingCow and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 7:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Got two presents from jamesteroh right on point.
1- Universal travel adapter for all over the world. Had a travel adapter that broke down mid flight a few weeks ago and have not had time to order a new one (been relying on slow USB charging).
2- Returning to office in January after working remotely since March 2020. In the past, I left my laptop in the office and had an emergency one at home, but since COVID, I'll have to bring my laptop home every day and need a backpack for my metro commute. My secret santa once again got me the perfect present, a backpack that not only fits my laptop, but everything else I need for my commute.

Old Dec 1, 2022, 8:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
My Secret Santa who sent the box I received earlier this week, you know, the one labeled not to open until Christmas, messaged me and I said I could open it before Christmas. They said that one item was unwrapped, the others were wrapped, but I could open or not open any of them. Who wants to guess what I did???

Obviously, I opened the box!!!
Spoiler

Old Dec 1, 2022, 9:38 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
Received travel guide books from navi_jen and Pumpkin! Thank you so much!!! I had a bad start today, but so glad that these gifts made my day! Now I'm even more excited about my upcoming trip to Rome and Athens!

Old Dec 2, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: AC
Dont forget folks, if you get a gift, leave a message and maybe some photos up here so your Santa knows that a parcel arrived.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 11:55 am

More gifts

A big thank you to Erik Liu! A big box of wrapped gifts came and I can never wait. I got two gourmet chocolate bars-who doesn't love chocolate, pomegranate infused balsamic vinegar-which I've had before and is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!, 2 bars of scented vodka soap-lemon and lavender - 2 of my favorite scents, and a 3 series of historical fiction about Alexander-sounds wonderful, and I just visited Alexandria, Egypt in October! So home runs across the way-great gifts! Thanks so much, hopefully I can get a picture in. Thrilled with both sets of Santa gifts-thanks!
tcl, FlyingCow, LCSinTexas and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Thank you Kipper!

So I tried to not open the box until Christmas but I failed. The box contained a lovely selection of olive oils and vinegars. I’m already planning some meals once my kitchen reno is done. I’m going to make acorn squash with the pomegranate vinegar drizzled on it with roasted walnuts.

I also read the note and realized that the awesome Canes puzzle was also from Kipper. Yay.
tcl, CPH-Flyer, FlyingCow and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Who I'm assuming is Mr. Redhead seems eager to try the olive oils as well!
Old Dec 2, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Received a few packages while I was out of town. Will try to get pictures soon!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.