Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

LAX Meetup: In-N-Out - Saturday, June 4, 2022

LAX Meetup: In-N-Out - Saturday, June 4, 2022

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 4, 22, 11:11 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Flying Machine
Wiki Link
Date: Saturday, June 4, 2022

Time: 1300 to 1600_
In-N-Out
9149 S Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045
https://goo.gl/maps/bHoPvDXnoGWmdHms5

Confirmed:
DELee
Flying Machine
davewho??
jediwho
cranky1K +1
Hypersonics
cesco.g
angetenar
Polytonic
luv2ctheworld


Maybe:
















Print Wikipost

Old Jun 2, 22, 5:07 pm
  #46  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PHX/NYC/LA
Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Posts: 4,809
Hey Flying Machine , I will have to bow out unfortunately. I had a family emergency pop up and I'll be heading to NYC instead. I hope you all have a great time as the In N Out locale is such a cool place to planespot and chill.
El_Chiflero is offline  
Old Jun 2, 22, 5:27 pm
  #47  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Posts: 6,377
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero View Post
Hey Flying Machine , I will have to bow out unfortunately. I had a family emergency pop up and I'll be heading to NYC instead. I hope you all have a great time as the In N Out locale is such a cool place to planespot and chill.
Sorry to hear the news! Hope all will turn out well with your Family! Thanks for letting us know. Perhaps we will see you at another LAX event! Wiki has been updated

Last edited by Flying Machine; Jun 2, 22 at 6:53 pm
Flying Machine is offline  
Old Jun 2, 22, 7:41 pm
  #48  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: W29
Programs: It's Complicated...
Posts: 6,514
Just noticed this thread. I wish I could make it. This is one of my favorite places. Whenever I had difficult decisions I would fly to LAX, sit at In-N-Out, watch planes and get some of my best thinking done. Some people probably think that is crazy but I have a feeling that this group gets it. I have a mild case of COVID so I am on lockdown. haha. Hope everyone has a good time.
mcgahat is online now  
Old Jun 2, 22, 7:52 pm
  #49  
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 17,762
Unfortunately, something came up and I am going to have to bow out. Hope to see you all at another event. Have fun!
iluv2fly is offline  
Old Jun 2, 22, 7:56 pm
  #50  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Posts: 6,377
Originally Posted by mcgahat View Post
Just noticed this thread. I wish I could make it. This is one of my favorite places. Whenever I had difficult decisions I would fly to LAX, sit at In-N-Out, watch planes and get some of my best thinking done. Some people probably think that is crazy but I have a feeling that this group gets it. I have a mild case of COVID so I am on lockdown. haha. Hope everyone has a good time.
Sorry to hear about your Covid diagnosis! Many of the loyal LAX DO participants feel the same way that you do.. Hope to meet you at another LAX DO!
mcgahat likes this.
Flying Machine is offline  
Old Jun 2, 22, 7:58 pm
  #51  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Posts: 6,377
Originally Posted by iluv2fly View Post
Unfortunately, something came up and I am going to have to bow out. Hope to see you all at another event. Have fun!
No worries! Thanks for letting us know, hope to see you at another LAX DO!

Wiki has been updated
Flying Machine is offline  
Old Jun 3, 22, 10:00 am
  #52  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: LAX
Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Posts: 4,022
Would like to make it; but it'll be a last minute decision based on how things go.

Don't worry about beverages; though I greatly appreciate all that's done to make us participants comfy!
Flying Machine likes this.
luv2ctheworld is offline  
Old Jun 3, 22, 10:03 am
  #53  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Posts: 6,377
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld View Post
Would like to make it; but it'll be a last minute decision based on how things go.

Don't worry about beverages; though I greatly appreciate all that's done to make us participants comfy!
luv2ctheworld donít worry, I have extras for you. If you show up for any part will have a place for you. Thanks for your PM and email! Hope you can make it.
Flying Machine is offline  
Old Jun 3, 22, 10:12 am
  #54  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Posts: 6,377
Final Call

The Wines have been selected: The beers are chilling, I have sparkling water (flavored) for one special guest (but will have extra), individual bottles of water, and Pepsi (regular, not diet)

If Iím missing anything, let me know.. Anyway, thereís a 7-Eleven across the street in case you need something special..

Iíll get there early to reserve a spot.

The Sun has been breaking a little bit later in the day and it gets a little chilly in the late afternoon. For our out of town guests.. I suggest bringing a light sweater or jacket and a hat as the sun will shine! DELee said he will have some sunscreen and chairs!

See you all tomorrow!

Flying Machine
Flying Machine is offline  
Old Jun 3, 22, 12:01 pm
  #55  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: LAX
Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Ritz Rewards
Posts: 158
Sorry for the late reply.

You know my beverage requirements!

See you all tomorrow.
Flying Machine likes this.
davewho?? is offline  
Old Jun 3, 22, 12:25 pm
  #56  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: SEA ✈️ IAD
Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 952
Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post
Excellent! Glad you can join us, weíre looking forward to meeting you. I would take the later flight if you can.. we ran a little over last time (you may like us and stick around a bit) but youíre free to leave anytime. Your drink choices have been updated along with the wiki
Alright, I ended up booking the 7:45pm flight out, so if we run over, no problemo (or I just standby for the earlier ones if we don't go over).

I've also got 6 extra FT luggage tags (the new style ones) to give away.
Flying Machine and DELee like this.
Polytonic is offline  
Old Jun 4, 22, 10:35 am
  #57  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: BOS/ORH
Programs: AS 75K
Posts: 18,234
I was hoping to make it. Been on hotel quarantine since Monday. Still a very faint positive this morning so bowing out.

I will probably be doing my own solo do at some point. Just not this afternoon.
CDKing is offline  
Old Jun 4, 22, 10:48 am
  #58  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Posts: 6,377
Originally Posted by CDKing View Post
I was hoping to make it. Been on hotel quarantine since Monday. Still a very faint positive this morning so bowing out.

I will probably be doing my own solo do at some point. Just not this afternoon.
Thanks for letting us know! Sorry for the circumstances but youíre making the right call! Get well soon! Hope to see you at another eventÖ
Flying Machine is offline  
Old Jun 4, 22, 11:25 am
  #59  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 1,668
Unable to Attend

Unfortunately I wonít be able to make it today. Wish I could, would have loved to see all of the crowd and new folks. Have fun, Dave
Flying Machine likes this.
1K_From_SNA is offline  
Old Jun 4, 22, 11:35 am
  #60  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Posts: 6,377
Originally Posted by 1K_From_SNA View Post
Unfortunately I wonít be able to make it today. Wish I could, would have loved to see all of the crowd and new folks. Have fun, Dave
What he isnít telling you is that heís hanging with a retired CO Captain!
Flying Machine is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread