Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Rest In Peace, Wid

Rest In Peace, Wid

Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:04 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Rest In Peace, Wid

The chances are excellent that you have never heard of a FlyerTalk member named Wid — but if you frequented the Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles forum over the years, the chances are likely that she was looking out for you to ensure that you had the absolute best experience with Delta Air Lines. As only one of myriad examples, she secretly and quietly monitored this discussion for customers who achieved Diamond Medallion elite status with Delta Air Lines to ensure that they had their turns riding in a Porsche to connect from one flight to another at the airport in Atlanta.

Known in real life as Lisabeth Kay, Wid only posted a total of five times on FlyerTalk — and that was only after being convinced before she finally reluctantly did so. She worked in airport customer service and human resources — among other things — for Delta Air Lines; and she was also involved in many charitable causes with which she spent her time and energy.

Coincidentally, her last time posting on FlyerTalk was a message to Kevin Pinto, who was a member of FlyerTalk who also worked for Delta Air Lines and sadly passed away.

I rarely post a link to my blog here on FlyerTalk; but I wrote a tribute of sorts in honor of her memory — and I would like to see other FlyerTalk members post their recollections of Wid in this discussion...

...and atldlff — who informed me that she passed away — told me that he will add additional information, details, and fond memories in this discussion.

May Lis — as she was known — rest in peace. She is already sorely missed.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
What a beautiful post to an amazing woman.

I first met and befriended Lis at the Delta DOs and then later was honored to have her as a colleague at Delta. She truly was the Delta Spirit personified - a truly genuine, humble and warm-hearted person.

I'll miss seeing her amazing travel stories that would pop up on my Facebook timeline (and our banter back and forth whenever her beloved Michigan State Spartans would play my Wake Forest Demon Deacons).

Fly clear, my friend.
Cholula and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Canarsie While I never had the pleasure of meeting your friend Liz, I can tell based on your words that she was something special. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and we know that she is flying high above us.
Cholula likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I had seen her brother's post about her death and was shocked - Lis and I were friends on Facebook (Canarsie, I think you had introduced us at a FT event many years ago) and while I don't use that platform often, I didn't recall seeing any indication that she wasn't well. How terrible to lose someone at such a young age that always seemed so happy and vibrant. She had a life well lived and I'm so sorry that it ended way too soon.
Cholula likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
So saddened anytime I read something about a dear departed family member (Flyertalker). I'm sending ((hugs)) to all that knew Wid.

dh
SPN Lifer and l etoile like this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
I will certainly miss Wid

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful tribute to Lis. I know she was hesitant to be in the spotlight, but I also know she would feel so deeply moved and honored that she was remembered is such a well-deserved way. I am still so devasted that she is gone, and I no longer have the chance to catch-up with her again in person, I will however, continue to honor her infectious spirit by raising a record setting goal to support the American Cancer Society (ACS).

I had the chance to spend some time with Lis the day she checked into the Hope Lodge in Atlanta. For those that don’t know, the Hope Lodge provides housing, transportation and support services for cancer patients who are getting treatment in the Atlanta area. The Hope Lodge is a direct recipient of support from the many fundraising programs that I have been engaged with in support of the American Cancer Society over the years. I have been there many times as a Hope Ball Board member, where we had the chance to tour the facility as well as serve dinner to the guests and learn more about their cancer journey. Lis texted me shortly after arriving at the Hope Lodge and I quote, “Hope Lodge is SO AMAZING. What a miracle gift to me!!!” THIS is the reason I continue to be so very focused on fundraising for ACS. So, we can continue to make a difference in people’s lives who need it the most. I am so thankful that she had the chance to be the recipient of the support from ACS. Please consider making a donation in her honor to support the American Cancer Society. It truly does make a difference. My team is pulling at the Delta Jet Drag this year in her honor. If you would like to donate in her honor, Delta Air Lines Jet Drag: Gretchen's Gazelles #2 | American Cancer Society (acsevents.org)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.