WineDo - Sunday June 26, 2022- North Square in NYC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WineDo - Sunday June 26, 2022- North Square in NYC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Please post if you can join us. There's a nice mix of regulars and new attendees every year.

So far:

dhammer53
Eastbay1K
GW McLintock
FlyerStef +1
GrjApp
FlyinHawaiian + 1
Lori_Q +1
dinoscool3 +1
Sorry, but I meant to quote this post in my post above.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Looking forward to my first WineDO!
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What's the capacity of this? I posted within about twelve hours of it being announced and I count twelve people listed in post #2 of this thread as of now.
Actions have consequences. In a chat a few months ago, you insulted me. I'm surprised that you even signed up. You're not welcomed at this event.

WineDo has always been a drama free zone.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Strongly interested in attending
Old Feb 19, 2022, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
As I mentioned to you months ago, Franny and I will be there as usual.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Its such a great event but there is no way I can get there this year.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Sign me up.
Eastbay1K and dhammer53 like this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Sign me up.
It will be nice to see you again. Per usual, and in true FT fashion, it takes over 10000 miles of combined air travel to see someone who lives 20-something miles away!
dhammer53, KathyWdrf and FlyerStef like this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
It looks like I will miss this one. I have a family commitment in Parker, Co that weekend
Old Feb 20, 2022, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
we’ve had this and BRT on our notional calendar for ~6 months, but unfortunately will be attending a family memorial service in the Santa Monica area

fingers crossed for next year, though
Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Strongly interested in attending
It's difficult to read between the lines. When you know for sure, please post. Oh, and if I were you, I'd monitor the OP.

FYI, over the years, some of us have partnered on a $70 bottle of wine instead of 2 bottles at $35. This helps to reduce leftovers, or as airlines like to say, spoilage.
A few years back, 3 people chipped in for one delicious $100+ bottle of wine. If anyone needs to source from my cellar, please ask.

N.B. Erez will not be able to join us this year.

dh
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Our dear friend Michael, aka violist, always went out of his way to bring something good to dinner. Some years, he'd send me a bottle months in advance because he didn't know when he'd be home. So whatever you bring to dinner, make it that special bottle, or a bottle you think Michael would have enjoyed. Rest in peace my friend. Wishing that your first class travels include multiple stops in wine country.

Don't have a wine like that? Not to worry. Maybe you've been to Napa, Australia, Washington State, Oregon, Germany, or Argentina. If those parts of the world hold fond memories, bring a wine from that region. We're not checking I D at the door. As long as you think the wine will taste good, bring it. Need to source from my cellar, I can help.
Eastbay1K, jackal, Lori_Q and 4 others like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by dhammer53
It's difficult to read between the lines. When you know for sure, please post. Oh, and if I were you, I'd monitor the OP.

FYI, over the years, some of us have partnered on a $70 bottle of wine instead of 2 bottles at $35. This helps to reduce leftovers, or as airlines like to say, spoilage.
A few years back, 3 people chipped in for one delicious $100+ bottle of wine. If anyone needs to source from my cellar, please ask.

N.B. Erez will not be able to join us this year.

dh
Understood dhammer53 ! Sign me up as attending, I will give ample notice (more than 30 days) if something comes up and I’m unable attend . I’ll most likely bring a Vintage Champagne
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Count me in please!
cocobird likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
I'd like to come to my first WIne Do. I enjoy a good meal, great conversation, and seeing a few old friends. Thanks!
Governator likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.