Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Brooklyn Realty Tour (BRT) Saturday June 25, 2022

Brooklyn Realty Tour (BRT) Saturday June 25, 2022

Old Jun 24, 22, 4:39 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by dhammer53 View Post
Isn't that right Canarsie?
Never happened to me; so I will talc your word for it.

Yes, we do use the expression “take a powder” in Brooklyn...
Old Jun 25, 22, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Lost track of the thread while I was away. I'll meet you guys at either Coney Island after the Aquarium or L&B.
Old Jun 25, 22, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
See you all soon. As long as I don't get lost (like usual when taking the subway) will be at Hyatt right at 10. I debated going over to Bobby Vans for fee priory pass meal and meeting you all in dumbo but grabbed a quick snack at the Alaska Lounge. That was after a chair massage thanks to priory pass in the Jetblue terminal.
Old Jun 25, 22, 9:17 am

Programs: United 1K
We are looking for you guys at Dumbo or time out
Old Jun 25, 22, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Sorry, Iím not going to be able to make it to Time Out Market in a timely manner. Running late today.

Iím glad I was able to get together last night and see a lot of you, and look forward to meeting up again tomorrow night.

Any news of Catman?
Old Jun 25, 22, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Figures I always pick the wrong way to airport. Should have taken LIRR as google had me catching J train from Manhattan and it's out of service. Nice little Uber ride is in my future
Old Jun 25, 22, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Missed my flight so wasted Uber ride as I have to buy a new flight tomorrow. Security was a nightmare and precheck closed. Anything going on tomorrow morning?
Old Jun 25, 22, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf View Post
Sorry, Iím not going to be able to make it to Time Out Market in a timely manner. Running late today.

Iím glad I was able to get together last night and see a lot of you, and look forward to meeting up again tomorrow night.

Any news of Catman?
Sorry we missed you today. No updates on Mark.

Today was a fun day. News to follow.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 26, 22, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA 1K, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Dia-AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just wrapped up lunch with FriendlySkies and Dinoscool3. Sorry I missed the rest of you but it sounded like a really fun trip. Hopefully I'll see everyone next year.
dhammer53 and Flying Machine like this.
Old Jun 27, 22, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Recap.

We departed Grand Central Station at 10:15, bound for Time Out market in Dumbo (Brooklyn). After arriving, we viewed lower Manhattan form the Brooklyn side. We headed inside to eat at the many upscale places. We found picnic type tables upstairs. I think most of us enjoyed what we ordered. We headed to the F train at 1:05, bound for the Smith 9th street station. It's the highest station in NYC. Great views of lower Manhattan. cocobird saw the Statue of Liberty for the first time. We then headed 2 stops further to 7th Ave in Park Slope. We did the usual Starbucks stop for a bathroom / coffee break. It was hot. We walked 10 minutes to Grand Army Plaza and sat down for a few minutes. We walked 5 minutes to the Brooklyn Museum of Art. I didn't think we'd get to the Aquarium on time since the last entry was 4:00, and had to buy tickets in advance. The Museum was a substitute. We spent an hour there. It was air conditioned. We departed the museum at 4:00 pm.

We took the subway from the museum to Coney Island (the beach). We hung out there for a little while. While it was hot in humid from the start, Coney Island was cool, dry, and breezy. It was perfect beach weather. Before we took the train to L&B for pizza, we stopped at Nathan's. Many of us enjoyed the best fries in all of NYC.

The scheduled arrival time on my aggressive time table was off by an hour. We arrived L&B at 6:10, and departed at 7:10. The thing is to have done the day properly, we could have used another 60 - 90 minutes to really enjoy ourselves; but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

cocobird and I took the train back to Grand Central, while the others went elsewhere.

This is a very abbreviated schedule because I have to pack from my trip tomorrow.

See you all on June 3, 2023. Don't buy your tickets until I post the thread in February/March. And now, to start planning 2023.

FYI, there were 3 people that were first timers to Coney Island. The only cost was 6 subway fares. A paid tour would have cost at least 4x's more. I specialize in Flyertalk pricing.

dh
Old Jul 13, 22, 8:07 am

Programs: (Worldperks),AA,Delta,SPG,Priority
Oh crap. I missed this one Dan. As they say, wait till next year...
dhammer53 likes this.

Search this Thread