Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Brooklyn Realty Tour (BRT) Saturday June 25, 2022

Brooklyn Realty Tour (BRT) Saturday June 25, 2022

Old Jun 23, 22, 11:12 pm

Programs: Gold 100 Alaska, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 50K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
Flying into EWR tomorrow morning (unless I get a VDB enroute...or two like I did in 2019!). If anybody wants to grab lunch or a beer, give me a shout. I'll be staying near Grand Central.
I flew in Thursday evening, so I'd be glad to grab lunch with you if I can figure out where anything is located. I'm at The Draper if that helps.
Old Jun 24, 22, 3:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, OZ Diamond
Flying into EWR tomorrow morning (unless I get a VDB enroute...or two like I did in 2019!). If anybody wants to grab lunch or a beer, give me a shout. I'll be staying near Grand Central.
What time do you land? We get into EWR at 900.

Originally Posted by cocobird View Post
I flew in Thursday evening, so I'd be glad to grab lunch with you if I can figure out where anything is located. I'm at The Draper if that helps.
We are potentially going to have lunch near Port Authority and then go to the Transit Museum after landing. Were staying in NJ () so we have to come into Manhattan at Port Authority.
Old Jun 24, 22, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by dinoscool3 View Post
What time do you land? We get into EWR at 900.

We are potentially going to have lunch near Port Authority and then go to the Transit Museum after landing. Were staying in NJ () so we have to come into Manhattan at Port Authority.
0939! UA1806/MCI

Ill be at the Grand Hyatt, so figured Id head there via bus or train to grand central and dump bags. No plans (besides finding an Apple Watch charger since I left mine on my bed)
Old Jun 24, 22, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Masks are required for the subway.

FriendlySkies, there's an express bus to Grand Central just outside. Cost is $19 cash, or you can use a cc if paying on their app. Trip time for me last week at the same time was 55 minutes. I have no idea how long the trip is using other methods.

See everyone tomorrow morning.
FriendlySkies and dinoscool3 like this.
Old Jun 24, 22, 8:24 am

Programs: Gold 100 Alaska, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 50K, UA Silver
Friendly Skies Tried to send you a PM (twice) , but when I check my sent messages, it doesn't show up, so not sure you got them. I'm free for lunch at any time.
Old Jun 24, 22, 8:35 am

Friendly Skies, Just figured out why you are not getting my replies. It says you have exceeded your storage limit so won't accept any messages. Since I am not a computer type, I'd assumed it was me.
Old Jun 24, 22, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Friendly Skies, Just figured out why you are not getting my replies. It says you have exceeded your storage limit so won't accept any messages. Since I am not a computer type, I'd assumed it was me.
Thirteen years of FT messages have stacked up! Ill send you a message with my #.
Old Jun 24, 22, 8:55 am

Thirteen years of FT messages have stacked up! Ill send you a message with my #.
Got it. Sent you mine as well.
Old Jun 24, 22, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, OZ Diamond
If anyone is interested, we’re thinking we’ll be at Economy Candy at 1630ish!
Old Jun 24, 22, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If anyone is interested, were thinking well be at Economy Candy at 1630ish!
The owner Mitch is a good guy. 4th generation. Warning. You'll spend more than you think.
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 22, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I’m going to try to join the group for lunch only.
Old Jun 24, 22, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dhammer53 View Post
BRT Itn - rough draft

2:10 - Head back to the subway to Coney Island and the Aquarium.
2:50 - Arrive at the Aquarium.
The arrival at the Aquarium is an estimated time. I just checked the website. The last entry is at 4:00. If we're running late, it will be close. Tickets must be purchased in advance. No ticket sales at the door. This leaves me with a ? Do we chance it? Or do we go to the Brooklyn Museum of Art? They just so happen to be at the Grand Army Plaza stop.

Reminder > high 80's and humid.

Thoughts?
Old Jun 24, 22, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by dhammer53 View Post
The arrival at the Aquarium is an estimated time. I just checked the website. The last entry is at 4:00. If we're running late, it will be close. Tickets must be purchased in advance. No ticket sales at the door. This leaves me with a ? Do we chance it? Or do we go to the Brooklyn Museum of Art? They just so happen to be at the Grand Army Plaza stop.

Reminder > high 80's and humid.

Thoughts?
I'd vote for the Brooklyn Museum of Art. Running around NY today was hot work today and tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter by 6 t o 8 degrees.
Old Jun 24, 22, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If anyone is interested, were thinking well be at Economy Candy at 1630ish!
Despite the name, its a first class shopping experience
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 22, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, AS MVP, F9 50K, Bonvoy Plat, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
Please show me as tentative for lunch tomorrow -- I may have to work in the morning. Will find out later tonight.

-J.

Search this Thread