Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Brooklyn Realty Tour (BRT) Saturday June 25, 2022

Brooklyn Realty Tour (BRT) Saturday June 25, 2022

Old May 12, 22, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by dhammer53 View Post
$90 dollars for 4.5 hours. LOL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA0XvOW6G2c

When we toured Brooklyn, the highest cost ever was $60 or $70, and that was for an all day tour.

dh
They better be giving out unlimited Nathan's and Pepsi for that price.
FriendlySkies likes this.
Old May 15, 22, 10:55 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: Now in the US, Southern Virginia : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium & measly gold 4 life, Accor_Plat
Put me down as a definite maybe! I’ll make it work, somehow!
dhammer53 and Lori_Q like this.
Old May 16, 22, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by seanthepilot View Post
Put me down as a definite maybe! Iíll make it work, somehow!
Welcome back to New York my friend. It's been a while.

dh
Old Jun 8, 22, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.4MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seanthepilot View Post
Put me down as a definite maybe! Iíll make it work, somehow!
I hope you can come! It feels like a million years since I last saw you at the SIN 'Do!
Old Jun 12, 22, 4:35 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Can you join us?
Why ó are you all falling apart?

Give me some glue and I will do my best.
dhammer53 and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

On the last BRT in 2019, we spent time at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. https://www.bbg.org/visit/hours We can re-visit if anyone is interested or...

We can visit the Aquarium in Coney Island > https://nyaquarium.com/shop/ticket-options or...

We can visit the Brooklyn Museum > https://www.tiqets.com/en/checkout/t...ate=2022-06-26

You can check admission fees using the above links. Some offer discounts for seniors. The Brooklyn Museum is an option if it rains, or if people want to attend a museum.
The Aquarium is not the Monterrey Bay Aquarium. It's a smaller version near The Cyclone and Coney Island Boardwalk.

The above options are on the table. We will do one of them as we make our way through one of NYC's 5 boroughs. I'm also open to whatever you might have on your hit list. I'm not married to anything.

I would like your vote on which of the above you'd like to see.

dh
FriendlySkies likes this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, OZ Diamond
You can add in a vote for the aquarium (though the Brooklyn Museum is a close second)
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 22, 12:40 am

Programs: Gold 100 Alaska, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 50K, UA Silver
I'd vote for the Brooklyn Museum, then the Botanic Garden, but then what do I know?
Old Jun 18, 22, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

We'll meet in the lobby (front desk area) of the Hyatt in Grand Central Terminal. 10:00 - 10:15. If anyone wants my cell number send me a PM. We'll depart no later than 10:15 for Brooklyn. By the way, don't eat a big breakfast.

Lunch at https://www.timeoutmarket.com/newyork/ Lots of choices. They have tables set up so you can pick what you want, then we can eat together.

There are 2 votes above. Anyone else care to put their 2 cents in on Aquarium or Museum? I'm not voting. In case of bad weather, we'll do the museum.

dh
FriendlySkies and dinoscool3 like this.
Old Jun 18, 22, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lori_Q View Post
Count me in! It will be my first-ever Real(i)ty Tour too!

And a +1!

Yay!!!
After BRT 1, Magic111 (dear Jim) named the tour after the famous Seinfeld episode that featured Kramer giving a tour of Manhattan in a small school bus. The Kramer Reality Tour became the Brooklyn Reality Tour. And so a name was born here on Flyertalk.

I'm going to finalize the itn early in the week. We'll be adding some new stops for 'frequent riders'. This is why KathyWdrf keeps coming back.

dh
boxo and dinoscool3 like this.
Old Jun 18, 22, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, AS MVP, F9 50K, Bonvoy Plat, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
I vote for the Prospect Park Zoo! I probably won't make it for the full BRT but if you end up going to the zoo, I will make a point of guesting someone in

-J.
Old Jun 18, 22, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
I vote for the Prospect Park Zoo! I probably won't make it for the full BRT but if you end up going to the zoo, I will make a point of guesting someone in

-J.
I appreciate your suggestion, but I'm not adding another potential stop. P.S. I've been to the zoo and (pardon my Brooklynese), it ain't no San Diego Zoo.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Jun 18, 22, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by dinoscool3 View Post
You can add in a vote for the aquarium (though the Brooklyn Museum is a close second)
Same.
Old Jun 18, 22, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
The aquarium sounds like it would be fun. I suppose it also depends on how warm the weather is on Saturday.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 22, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

On the last BRT in 2019, we spent time at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. https://www.bbg.org/visit/hours We can re-visit if anyone is interested or...

We can visit the Aquarium in Coney Island > https://nyaquarium.com/shop/ticket-options or...

We can visit the Brooklyn Museum > https://www.tiqets.com/en/checkout/t...ate=2022-06-26

You can check admission fees using the above links. Some offer discounts for seniors. The Brooklyn Museum is an option if it rains, or if people want to attend a museum.
The Aquarium is not the Monterrey Bay Aquarium. It's a smaller version near The Cyclone and Coney Island Boardwalk.

The above options are on the table. We will do one of them as we make our way through one of NYC's 5 boroughs. I'm also open to whatever you might have on your hit list. I'm not married to anything.

I would like your vote on which of the above you'd like to see.
I've been doing research on the Aquarium. It appears that not all exhibits are open. Did anyone look at the admission prices? Not sure if anyone cares. Feel free to voice your opinion.

dh

Search this Thread