Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Brooklyn Realty Tour (BRT) Saturday June 25, 2022

Brooklyn Realty Tour (BRT) Saturday June 25, 2022

Old Mar 31, 22, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf View Post
It's OK. In the long history of this tour, many people have just met up with the group for a portion of the tour, for example, one of the group meals.

Heck, in 2019 I did this. I met up at DeKalb Market Hall for lunch only. I may do similar this year -- e.g., meet up at Time Out Market or another meal stop.
I know it's early in the planning process, but I'm undecided if Time Out Market will be lunch or dinner. It makes sense to have lunch there, but it makes more sense to end there. People can relax and have an extra drink with dinner, and still be really close to Manhattan; instead of a 45 minute schlep from L&B. I think I just talked myself into it.

dh
boxo likes this.
Old Apr 2, 22, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There's a brewery in Coney Island? Who knew. https://www.nycgo.com/itineraries/th...7pfCpcJZBQwbVc

dh
FriendlySkies likes this.
Old Apr 2, 22, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by dhammer53 View Post
There's a brewery in Coney Island? Who knew. https://www.nycgo.com/itineraries/th...7pfCpcJZBQwbVc

dh
Long Train Runnin does:

Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Did you try the brewery there?
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin View Post
Yeah, I have been there.

They are owned by Sam Adams (Boston Beer Company) so it might not be "craft" enough for some people.

However, the real treasure of Coney Island is the fact that the elevated subway station is actually the largest elevated train station on Earth.

If you are ed up like me. Then you keep track of things like this along with other train station oddities and do your best to get to them all.

​​​​​​​David
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Apr 2, 22, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The highest train station in the world is the Smith - Ninth Street station (in Brooklyn). It's 87.5 feet or 26.7 meters above street level. BRT passes the station every year. It has great views of NYC. We almost finished there on the last tour, but everyone was exhausted.

The plan for June 2022 is to make Smith - Ninth Street the first stop. For train enthusiasts, we'll take the F train from Manhattan. That's the 6th Ave local that travels from Queens to Manhattan to Coney Island. 40 stops and a 98 minute running time from end to end. https://new.mta.info/map/5256

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith%...treets_station

dh
FriendlySkies likes this.
Old Apr 5, 22, 6:44 pm

Programs: United 1K
Hello friends from the past. I am glad to see BRT is back, and I just wanted to note that Mr Katycab and I plan to be there this year!
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 22, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by dhammer53 View Post
The highest train station in the world is the Smith - Ninth Street station (in Brooklyn). It's 87.5 feet or 26.7 meters above street level. BRT passes the station every year. It has great views of NYC. We almost finished there on the last tour, but everyone was exhausted.

The plan for June 2022 is to make Smith - Ninth Street the first stop. For train enthusiasts, we'll take the F train from Manhattan. That's the 6th Ave local that travels from Queens to Manhattan to Coney Island. 40 stops and a 98 minute running time from end to end. https://new.mta.info/map/5256

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith%...treets_station

dh
You aren't thinking about a start in Grand Central again.

Would you like me to look for a bus to drive? Or an RV?
Old Apr 6, 22, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by katycab View Post
You aren't thinking about a start in Grand Central again.

Would you like me to look for a bus to drive? Or an RV?
Other than this is the easiest place for everyone to meet, it's up for discussion. I'm driving into Manhattan. If everyone was staying all the way downtown, we could meet at a location TBD. If people are staying at multiple locations in Manhattan, a central location will work best. We'll have another conversation on June 1. By that time, people should know where they're staying.
Old Apr 6, 22, 7:31 pm

The reason I ask is because I am deciding where I ought to stay. Since mornings are the hardest time for me, I am most concerned with minimizing my distance from bed to 10am start.

However I am also wondering if there will be a Soup Do this year? Is there any interest in soup this year?
Old Apr 7, 22, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by katycab View Post
The reason I ask is because I am deciding where I ought to stay. Since mornings are the hardest time for me, I am most concerned with minimizing my distance from bed to 10am start.

However I am also wondering if there will be a Soup Do this year? Is there any interest in soup this year?
I mentioned this to Catman when I posted BRT. He usually will post the DO the following day, but I know he's been under the weather.

As for minimizing your distance from bed to start time, you pick the place to stay and I / we can work around that. Midtown Manhattan is central to everyone, east or west (usually). On one BRT, someone came in from EWR. He was late, and then told me he was hungry. . Never tell a Jewish New Yorker that you're hungry.

dh
Old Apr 7, 22, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, OZ Diamond
FWIW I think we are planning to stay in Long Island Citybut still really easy to get to Grand Central. Not enough points/too expensive to stay in Midtown East where I usually like staying!
boxo and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Apr 22, 22, 11:42 am

Programs: IHG, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson, Wyndham, Chase
We are staying at Hyatt Gild Hall in the Financial District.
Old Apr 28, 22, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA 1K, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Dia-AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm afraid I'm going to have to give this one a miss. That week is the biannual Judge's Conference in North Carolina where it's the easiest for me to slip away. Hope and I are going to go to Europe.

We will actually arrive JFK at 5 PM on 6/25 and are staying in Lower Manhattan. We fly home Sunday at 2 PM. Perhaps Saturday night drinks or Sunday brunch can be arranged.

Sorry to miss you all this year, see you hopefully in 20 and 23.
Old Apr 29, 22, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post

We will actually arrive JFK at 5 PM on 6/25 and are staying in Lower Manhattan. We fly home Sunday at 2 PM. Perhaps Saturday night drinks or Sunday brunch can be arranged.
You could start a thread for this.

Sorry that you can't join in the fun this year. I was looking forward to meeting Hope.

dh
Old May 9, 22, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
I'm in for my usual appearance somewhere along the tour.
Old May 11, 22, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

$90 dollars for 4.5 hours. LOL.

When we toured Brooklyn, the highest cost ever was $60 or $70, and that was for an all day tour.

dh

Search this Thread