Reload this Page >

OMNI Bugger Virtual DO #20: Friday, February 25, 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2022, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GW McLintock
Welcome to the 20th Drunk DO! Please add your name to the wiki if you can attend, would like to attend, or can only join in spirit(s).

Friday, February 25th, 2022 at 2000 ET (1700 PT; 29/0200 CET, 29/0800 SGT)

Attending
GW McLintock
pudgym29
CoffeeTraveler
sexykitten7
+1

Sobering Up (Maybe)
MSPeconomist
HPN-HRL
cockpitvisit
SFOTerry

FlyerEC
nomadic.relief
El_Chiflero
GrjApp

Passed Out (Not Attending)
nzchick
SuperG1955
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2022, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

It's hard to believe this is the 20th time we are doing this! You know the drill by now... stop by with a drink and join in the fun!

Friday, February 25th, 2022 at 2000 ET (1700 PT; 29/0200 CET, 29/0800 SGT)

In case you may have forgotten...
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
This is not a DO to talk miles and points. This is a DO to get wrecked. We will have a word of the day.
We will use the Zoom platform for this DO and the link will be distributed shortly before we begin. Please add your name to the wiki above if you plan to attend (or leave a comment asking someone else to add you if you are unable).

Be there or be sober!

-J.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

The word of the day is platinum.

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Feb 25, 2022 at 9:17 pm
Old Feb 8, 2022, 2:02 pm
Old Feb 10, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: Global Entry · WN, UA, AS, DL, NH; IHG, Wyndham, Hilton, Best Value Inn, Marriott, Starwood, Ramada
Arrow Don't get set.

I will be here; but I keenly discourage you, GW, from being set on the fourth Friday of each month as the night for these Bugger DOs.
I have been a member of the Central Electric Railfans' Association since 1978. I had a presentation to it in May 2012 which included images took while in Japan for Japan DOs. Its monthly meetings are also on the fourth Friday of each month (with perceptible adjustments for November and December when necessary), and it is going to resume in-person meetings sometime soon. Perhaps even on the 25th.
C.E.R.A. is my priority on these nights. So, either virtual or in-person, that's where I will be at 19:00 hours [CT]. If it is in-person, it will take a while to transit back to the abode from downtown Chicago.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
I will try to make a brief appearance, but I expect to be otherwise occupied most of that night.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
It's a maybe for me.

We are currently scheduled to be in New Orleans and that's the Friday before Mardi Gras. Also changing hotels that day. But 6pm CT would be before the parades get to Canal Street, so it's a possibility (not that I plan to get elbow-to-elbow with parade crazies this year). If so, I won't have ANY problem with the drunk requirement.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 5:36 pm

I will attempt to attend this month, though I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be working until 9pm. Will update when I get my schedule.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
It's a maybe for me.

We are currently scheduled to be in New Orleans and that's the Friday before Mardi Gras. Also changing hotels that day. But 6pm CT would be before the parades get to Canal Street, so it's a possibility (not that I plan to get elbow-to-elbow with parade crazies this year). If so, I won't have ANY problem with the drunk requirement.
You could show us the parades and other Mardi Gras activities on zoom.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

We are a little over a week away!

I know attendees in the past have enjoyed activities when we had them (or at least say they did). With this in mind, I have prepared two activities so far:

• Zoom background show-'n-tell: make your Zoom background a photo of your least favorite destination, and tell us why you chose it.
  • Twenty Game: categories involving the number 20, in honor of the 20th Drunk DO. The winner(s) of each category must take a sip of their drink!
-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Feb 18, 2022 at 7:14 am
Old Feb 18, 2022, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
My late mom would have celebrated 100 on February 25. Please join me in toasting her memory the evening (of the Virtual DO20).

dh
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
I'll be flying to PDX around 4:45pm on Friday. I'll be listed as a maybe for now.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat
meow!!!!!!
pudgym29 and GW McLintock like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
We are currently scheduled to be in New Orleans and that's the Friday before Mardi Gras.
Plans changed. I'll be home in SF, so I have no valid excuse for missing this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Plans changed. I'll be home in SF, so I have no valid excuse for missing this.
I am selfishly (shellfishly?) glad you will be able to join us.

-J.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A third activity we can do, in honor of National Margarita Day (which is today!), is a margarita recipe share! Please submit your favorite margarita recipe to me via PM by 2100 ET on Friday (one hour into the DO). Accompanying photos are also welcome. I will be sharing a favorite recipe of mine as well

-J.
CoffeeTraveler likes this.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Feb 22, 2022 at 4:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.