21st SIN DO: COMING OF AGE - 14-16 JAN 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HPN-HRL
As per post #1

Pending Singapore's Ministry of Health Regulations, activities will be announced shortly.

Currently, 10 Countries (13 from 14th November 2021, 2359 hrs onwards) are allowed to visit Singapore Quarantine free. These include:
- Brunei
- Canada
- Denmark
- Germany
- France
- Italy
- The Netherlands
- Spain
- The United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Australia (from 7th November 2021 2359hrs)
- Switzerland (from 7th November 2021 2359hrs)
- South Korea (from 14th November 2021 2359hrs)

For all conditions of VTL travel, please see the following link.

[IMPORTANT] Please check and double check your eligibility to enter Singapore quarantine free before you book your tickets, unless you are fine with a government mandated 2 week hotel stay upon arrival.

Singapore currently imposes caps and restrictions in terms of social gatherings and dining. Groups are limited to 2 in any social setting, and maximum of 1 social gathering may take place per day. When this does change, hopefully for the better, I will update this thread again. For the full list of restrictions, please see this link.

[IMPORTANT] Please ensure you see and know the rules and try not to run afoul of these temporary COVID-19 laws when visiting Singapore.

POST #2: COVID-19 MEASURES AND RESTRICTIONS IN SINGAPORE
POST #3: SIN DO ACTIVITIES
POST #4: FLIGHTS INCOMING AND OUTGOING
POST #5: HOTELS
POST #6: MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION

ATTENDING :

In person -
SIN

lowjhg
FlyereEC
yosithezet
HSVT
HPN-HRL
VIRTUAL ( Zoom or WhatsApp ) :

HSVT

MAYBE :
kirkwoodj
Zorak
yosithezet
GW McLintock (virtual)
MSPeconomist (zoom)
StuckinYYZ (virtual)

plus those who have forgotten to add themselves on here

Print Wikipost

21st SIN DO: COMING OF AGE - 14-16 JAN 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2022, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
We just might have a post Do , the ones physically present will confer and decide if to meet the rest virtually too , possibly our Tuesday before some privileged fly off .

Do get some rest StuckInYYZ .. these clients always have inopportune timings - speaking from experience . Even having to fly / work over CHRISTmas & CNY , various years ago ( to think one client was Chinese too .. ) ‼️
But on the positive side , to think of the miles & hotel stays gained
Alas, what one must do to earn!

David
Old Jan 16, 2022, 8:48 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by DELee
Alas, what one must do to earn!

David
Oh yes , as long as one is enjoying the clientele and what one does ..
Thankfully , not in emergency or medical services unlike quite a few family members .

Pity was not aware of DOs then or could have taken part in them too besides the CHRISTmas / Boxing Day / CNY sales globally 😉

Even HSVT has seen the CNY light up in Chinatown as well well as the Pongal ( harvest ) festival in Little India , unlike others living here
Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
We just might have a post Do , the ones physically present will confer and decide if to meet the rest virtually too , possibly our Tuesday before some privileged fly off .

Do get some rest StuckInYYZ .. these clients always have inopportune timings - speaking from experience . Even having to fly / work over CHRISTmas & CNY , various years ago ( to think one client was Chinese too .. ) ‼️
But on the positive side , to think of the miles & hotel stays gained
In my case, the company I work for has pretty much locked down any travel and will not authorize travel for the near forseeable future. With many companies converting to WFH, things are not likely to change. It's rough in IT right now as everyone is working to have WFH as a component and many thinking it's a drop in and forget it solution (or in the case of this past weekend, a client patching something without a proper change process and then having something go south).

Most of our clients generally are good at making sure you don't work/travel on special days but I have heard of stories where some clients insist you work on your holidays (and will actively engage you) but when it comes to their holidays (that don't match up to yours)... well, let's say you don't call them.

But to bring this back on topic (and something much more cheerful)... one of these days (if I can ever get out) we should do a hawker center crawl "DO"... like three days, three hawker centers that don't involve Golden Mile, Old Airport Road, Maxwell or Chinatown Center (for example do Bedok Interchange or Tiong Bahru or East Coast Lagoon)... I think it'd be an interesting experience.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
In my case, the company I work for has pretty much locked down any travel and will not authorize travel for the near forseeable future. With many companies converting to WFH, things are not likely to change. It's rough in IT right now as everyone is working to have WFH as a component and many thinking it's a drop in and forget it solution (or in the case of this past weekend, a client patching something without a proper change process and then having something go south).

Most of our clients generally are good at making sure you don't work/travel on special days but I have heard of stories where some clients insist you work on your holidays (and will actively engage you) but when it comes to their holidays (that don't match up to yours)... well, let's say you don't call them.

But to bring this back on topic (and something much more cheerful)... one of these days (if I can ever get out) we should do a hawker center crawl "DO"... like three days, three hawker centers that don't involve Golden Mile, Old Airport Road, Maxwell or Chinatown Center (for example do Bedok Interchange or Tiong Bahru or East Coast Lagoon)... I think it'd be an interesting experience.
Well , it is partially WFH now & with business trips very much reduced , tired eyes from countless virtual meetings for those working ( & those not too ! ) ..

We just might attempt a mini / test hawker centre crawl on Friday after lunch at a golf club with the sole brave soul who flew in for this SIN DO 😊 , might make it to Adam Road with 2 MRT stations to choose from including Botanics right across on Bukit Timah / Cluny Roads ( designed by a friend of mine ) .
See how it works out for a potentially a full blown one as an activity for SIN DO 2023 .
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, HH Dia, IHG Dia
Actually, on business trips, my employer has done a global freeze in Feb 2020, almost nothing happening anymore. All now WFH with some visits to the office this year. I picked up private travel again only in Sep last year.

I very much enjoyed the Sunday dinner, organised by EC Flyer, great thanksfor this. Loooking forward to Lunch on Friday and early planning for SIN DO 2023, hopefully with much more relaxed travel options.

Today, I will do my private post DO, short hike from Kent Ridge Park to Harbour City, via Conopy Walk, Hort Park, Alexandra Arch, Henderson waves and Mount Faber.
tuapekastar, FlyerEC and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:48 pm

See some of you soon , not sure if we will attempt Zoom

Enjoying this before lunch at Bistro
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:48 am

Glad we managed to meet up again . Unfortunately , it was too noisy to attempt a virtual one too / Zoom .

Some other dishes enjoyed besides those in the photos below included chicken rice and fried Hokkien mee .
Drinks included young Thai coconut , coke and orange gunner besides water infused with herbs / mint

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33922832-post251.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33926146-post169.html
1readyset2go likes this.

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jan 22, 2022 at 1:48 pm
Old Aug 23, 2022, 10:34 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Please discuss 2023 DO in the following thread.

2023 SIN DO discussion
ChrisFlyer66 and TravelKane like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.