Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

21st SIN DO: COMING OF AGE - 14-16 JAN 2022

Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HPN-HRL
As per post #1

Pending Singapore's Ministry of Health Regulations, activities will be announced shortly.

Currently, 10 Countries (13 from 14th November 2021, 2359 hrs onwards) are allowed to visit Singapore Quarantine free. These include:
- Brunei
- Canada
- Denmark
- Germany
- France
- Italy
- The Netherlands
- Spain
- The United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Australia (from 7th November 2021 2359hrs)
- Switzerland (from 7th November 2021 2359hrs)
- South Korea (from 14th November 2021 2359hrs)

For all conditions of VTL travel, please see the following link.

[IMPORTANT] Please check and double check your eligibility to enter Singapore quarantine free before you book your tickets, unless you are fine with a government mandated 2 week hotel stay upon arrival.

Singapore currently imposes caps and restrictions in terms of social gatherings and dining. Groups are limited to 2 in any social setting, and maximum of 1 social gathering may take place per day. When this does change, hopefully for the better, I will update this thread again. For the full list of restrictions, please see this link.

[IMPORTANT] Please ensure you see and know the rules and try not to run afoul of these temporary COVID-19 laws when visiting Singapore.

POST #2: COVID-19 MEASURES AND RESTRICTIONS IN SINGAPORE
POST #3: SIN DO ACTIVITIES
POST #4: FLIGHTS INCOMING AND OUTGOING
POST #5: HOTELS
POST #6: MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION

ATTENDING :

In person -
SIN

lowjhg
FlyereEC
yosithezet
HSVT
HPN-HRL
VIRTUAL ( Zoom or WhatsApp ) :

HSVT

MAYBE :
kirkwoodj
Zorak
yosithezet
GW McLintock (virtual)
MSPeconomist (zoom)
StuckinYYZ (virtual)

plus those who have forgotten to add themselves on here

Print Wikipost

21st SIN DO: COMING OF AGE - 14-16 JAN 2022

Old Nov 20, 2021, 9:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by lowjhg
Singapore currently imposes caps and restrictions in terms of social gatherings and dining. Groups are limited to 2 in any social setting, and maximum of 1 social gathering may take place per day. When this does change, hopefully for the better, I will update this thread again. For the full list of restrictions, please see this link.
Group sizes increased to 5 starting Monday per the MOH link.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Rebooked at Conrad.
FlyerEC and ChrisFlyer66 like this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 6:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Early Pre Do ‼️

Dinner 24 November

That is tonight , 21:30 at

Miznon North

110 Amoy St

Anyone else like to join us ? As of now , there are 4 of us now including FTers yosithezet , Zorak
.. max 5 as government COVID-19 policy
Old Dec 10, 2021, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, HH Dia, IHG Dia
Originally Posted by Zorak
Group sizes increased to 5 starting Monday per the MOH link.
Well, it seems this still fits with current planned attendance...

I now managed to find free seats. Unfortunately, I will miss the Friday evening due to the "waiting for test results", but BA is bascially fully booked in C/F on most days in January (good for them).

Incoming
14th Jan
BA11

Outgoing
23rd Jan
BA12

BTW: Understand Malaysia is planning to open in January. I am wondering if there might be a chance to spend a few days in KUL in compliance with the SIN VTL programme.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 10:13 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by HSVT
Well, it seems this still fits with current planned attendance...

I now managed to find free seats. Unfortunately, I will miss the Friday evening due to the "waiting for test results", but BA is bascially fully booked in C/F on most days in January (good for them).

Incoming
14th Jan
BA11

Outgoing
23rd Jan
BA12

BTW: Understand Malaysia is planning to open in January. I am wondering if there might be a chance to spend a few days in KUL in compliance with the SIN VTL programme.
Test results will take you 3.5 hours I’d bet. So you’d be sprung by 8:30.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:28 am

Early Pre Do 2 ‼️

Dinner 16 December

That is tonight , 8:45 at

Miznon North

Yes , again as it is pretty good .

We had a fabulous time .. photos of what we enjoyed will be on a Dinning Buzz thread .

Will there be another Pre Do dinner here ?

As it stands , still 5 maximum to a table
Old Dec 26, 2021, 1:03 am
Original Poster

14 Jan - 16 Jan

[Activities]

Play-by-ear
Due to the current restrictions of 5 pax cap, arranging activities will be a hassle. Hence therefore, FlyerEC and I will coordinate a Whatsapp chat group for those who are in Singapore during these DO, and we will figure out what and where to visit without breaking any of these COVID-related rules here in Singapore.

As usual, you are free to attend as you wish. Please note: Some activities are without participation fees, but some may attract a nominal fee (for dining-in in restaurants or bars), so please budget accordingly.

If you cant get through to FlyerEC, you may PM me and i will add you through to the chatgroup.

Cheers,
lowjhg
Updated.

Due to the special circumstances this year, we will attempt a different approach to planning this SIN DO. Participation is still expected to be low. This year will be another 'domestic focused' SIN DO.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 5:48 pm

Hey, I am still planning to travel. While BA is fiddling with my flights from HAM-LHR, the main flights LHR-SIN-LHR are still on. I also applied to VTP and got the approval. Making Hotel reservations seens an interesting experience. Most Hilton/IHG are not available. As I am not prepared to burn my points for this trip, I made reservations for a few days at the Holiday Inn Express Clarke Quay. Two days later I got a mail that they are now contracted by Goverment and can not honor the reservation anymore, but suggested to move me to the InterContinental Robertson Quay (at same rate). Interesting Upgrade.

Can the locals still recommend the trip? Its for leasure, so I want to halfway enjoy my stay (which I did when I travelled to BKK last month).
Old Dec 26, 2021, 6:02 pm

Ups, double post...
Old Dec 26, 2021, 8:18 pm

Hey, I am still planning to travel. While BA is fiddling with my flights from HAM-LHR, the main flights LHR-SIN-LHR are still on. I also applied to VTP and got the approval. Making Hotel reservations seens an interesting experience. Most Hilton/IHG are not available. As I am not prepared to burn my points for this trip, I made reservations for a few days at the Holiday Inn Express Clarke Quay. Two days later I got a mail that they are now contracted by Goverment and can not honor the reservation anymore, but suggested to move me to the InterContinental Robertson Quay (at same rate). Interesting Upgrade.

Can the locals still recommend the trip? Its for leasure, so I want to halfway enjoy my stay (which I did when I travelled to BKK last month).
Looking forward to meeting up 😊 ❗️ .. do post upthread on flights and hotels . Best arrive few days or perhaps a week earlier if possible .

Will help us in planning activities and meals 😋

Are there certain preferences for those coming for the DO ?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 11:06 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV

What would you be looking forward to doing and what was the issue with BKK? This will help us to advise.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 3:58 pm

Updated.

Due to the special circumstances this year, we will attempt a different approach to planning this SIN DO. Participation is still expected to be low. This year will be another 'domestic focused' SIN DO.
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Looking forward to meeting up 😊 ❗️ .. do post upthread on flights and hotels . Best arrive few days or perhaps a week earlier if possible .

Will help us in planning activities and meals 😋

Are there certain preferences for those coming for the DO ?
Please PM lowjhg or myself so we can dovetail plans with your arrivals or if we do a hybrid with some of you on Zoom or WhatsApp video - working around / with time zones differences 😉 .

Those in Singapore will meet & see others via ? We met at FS 190 at last year ‘ s DO .

lowjhg & I will figure out how to have as many of you on at at least one session .
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
All this testing makes this a riskier proposition, still have bookings but will need for things to loosen up a bit for me to go. Doesn't seem likely, but I can ride it out until almost the last minute (or 2 days)
Old Dec 31, 2021, 11:08 am

I'm out. Will be going to a magical place instead. Can't risk a positive test in myself or planemate getting me tossed in COVID jail.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 2:48 pm

Really sad you will not be here in person , kirkwoodj .

Are you able to join us virtually , on Zoom or WhatsApp video call ?
We will do a hybrid like last year ‘ s DO , with some of us here meeting on site & while others join remotely .

Those who are meeting up remotely , please pm us -

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.