Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EZE (Belated) COW DO 2021 - preliminary discussion potential dates?? [canceled]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2021, 12:24 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Post EZE (Belated) COW DO 2021 - preliminary discussion potential dates?? [canceled]

Folks..... now that the Argentine Government has reopened borders (for fully vaccinated tourists) starting November 1st, and given that various FTers had expressed interest in organizing an event, I am starting this thread to see what concrete interest there is/would be. There is not much left of 2021, and Thanksgiving is coming up... so in my preliminary view, the only spot that is more or less feasible would be doing this the 3rd week of November - meaning the formal Do dates would be Friday 11/19 tp Sunday 11/21.

Please post your thoughts/preliminary "desire" to make it......

For those of you that have never heard of the (in)famous Cow Do.... this is a long stanting tradition on FT, I think its the 2nd longest running of DO's on Flyertalk, beaten only by the Down Under OZ Event. Folks gather here in Buenos Aires to eat lots of Beef (Dead Cow) and wash it down with plenty of Malbec and other red-grape juices....

I will post links to previous events to folks can read more about the event itself and see who has participated, etc.

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Oct 31, 2021 at 6:43 pm Reason: change in thread title
Old Oct 2, 2021, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Here are links to a couple of previous Cow Do's....

Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019

Cow Do XIV (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2018

Cow Do XIII (EZE) - Sep 01 to Sep 04, 2017
Old Oct 2, 2021, 1:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'd definitely be interested; personally I'd prefer Thanksgiving weekend, but can understand how that might be an obstacle to others...
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'd prefer Thanksgiving weekend
You should qualify that as "U.S. Thanksgiving" (assuming that's the one you mean). Thanksgiving up here is next week.
kirkwoodj, FlyingCow and Zorak like this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You should qualify that as "U.S. Thanksgiving" (assuming that's the one you mean). Thanksgiving up here is next week.
Please accept my apologies, I was not aware that Canada and the USA had a different Thanksgiving calendar.....
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:05 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Please accept my apologies, I was not aware that Canada and the USA had a different Thanksgiving calendar.....
I *was* aware, but did neglect to clarify. Apologies for the USA-centrism although I think it was pretty clear in context
bruceba likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I'm booked to go to Belize 11/18- Thanksgiving weekend. I'm not sure I want to spend that much time there so may be interested
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The reopening November 1st is a clear clue.

At the moment, I'm in a required hybrid work mode and if the USA continues to insist on a negative COVID-19 test to return, it's a risk I probably should not take unless we revert to work-from-home (at least as an option) in the meantime. OTOH, if I were to test positive for some reason even at home, presumably I shouldn't go near my office for two weeks, so this might be a way around the rules.

Is it known what happens in Argentina when a fully vaccinated foreigner gets a positive COVID-19 test?

I'd like very much to return to BsAs for another COW DO and the Thanksgiving dates would work well for me, assuming flight and hotel availability.

ADDED: I just realized that the dates would be the weekend before USA Turkey Day. Assuming flight schedules would be similar to what they always were, I assume that I would be arriving on Saturday morning (not Friday) and departing whenever.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 2, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Sadly I'm already booked up for the rest of the year. I would be very interested if we did it in January though. Perhaps over MLK weekend?
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Sadly I'm already booked up for the rest of the year. I would be very interested if we did it in January though. Perhaps over MLK weekend?
That would work for me too, as even if there is a SIN DO on its usual weekend, I doubt I will be able to attend as a US traveller by then.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 6:44 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
That would work for me too, as even if there is a SIN DO on its usual weekend, I doubt I will be able to attend as a US traveller by then.
I'm hoping for the SIN DO, too. I hope I don't have to do a Sophie's choice.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 6:14 am

I can almost certainly make 11/19 through 11/21 and would love to come. I cannot do the US Thanksgiving weekend this year.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 6:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
I'll have to pass on anything until early next year. Thanks to the current panic I'm scheduled past Christmas.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your initial feedback. I look forward to hearing from others and would be looking at fixing a date towards the end of this next week - lets see how things develop.

In the meantime, I would urge those of you considering this to check with your airline of choice to see what sort of availability they are showing for the 3rd week of November, and what requirements/restrictions (if any) they are (still?) imposing...?

I have heard different things from different sources and would be interested in hearing 1st hand what airlines are currently telling tourists wanting to book flights down to EZE.

Please let me know what your favorite airline is offering.... and hopefully we can make this last minute Cow Do happen !!!

Cheers from EZE,
Alex / Gaucho100K
FlyingCow and 24left like this.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Very interested as is my +1. Saved my wine shipping boxes from the last one.
FlyingCow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.