Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL 2021 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

OFFICIAL 2021 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Old Nov 15, 2021, 9:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by steveman518
Normally I try to get my gifts out the door early but looks like I'm the #1 recipient this year! Thank you to my first santa who sent me some lovely-looking tea and a nice little twisting ball to brew the tea!

Geez, and I thought I started shopping early! I have presents for 3 of my 5 recipients ordered, but none of them would've arrived this early.
offerendum likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I have basically decided what to get. Now just trying to figure out the hurdles of international shipping.....
Redhead likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium (LT Gold), UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I have basically decided what to get. Now just trying to figure out the hurdles of international shipping.....
Looks like you're in Japan so this probably won't help, but for any USA based flks shipping out of the country I've had great luch with the flat rate boxes from USPS.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 3:11 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Ok, anyone else willing to switch Santa assignment? I can use two more!
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Do you know anyone with shipping accounts in destination country or Japan?

I know for some countries (Aus included), there are parcel comparison websites for who can import into those countries like https://au.interparcel.com.

You need to be wary of De Minims for gifts for the receiving country. For the US it is 800USD. Australia - 1,000AUD. Japan - about 70USD. Philippines, 200USD, etc. Anything declared over that value will be dutiable and taxable.

When you write the invoice or declare the contents you simply put the value below that.
tcl and fishccy like this.

Last edited by ahopkins767; Nov 17, 2021 at 2:28 am
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles

Santa uses UPS!
LadyWrites and MrDplus like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
3.5 of 5 gifts are shipped! For one or two of my giftees, I was unable to include a note with shipping, so if you get a random gift, post it here and you can learn if it was from one of us!

Other gifts are ordered and I should receive them in the next week or so and then get them shipped out. Thanks to everyone for good descriptions.

I love this event every year! Thanks @wharvey for the many years of joy
kipper, tcl, LadyWrites and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Received some nice gifts from Kipper today.

Some dried tuna flakes for the Kitty's that they both lvoed. A hiking log book, an assortment of flavored coffee and an awesome cookbook with recipes for one. I've been searching all over for a single stuffed pepper recipe and there is a recipe for one that I can't wait to try this weekend.
Redhead, tcl, LadyWrites and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Received some nice gifts from Kipper today.

Some dried tuna flakes for the Kitty's that they both lvoed. A hiking log book, an assortment of flavored coffee and an awesome cookbook with recipes for one. I've been searching all over for a single stuffed pepper recipe and there is a recipe for one that I can't wait to try this weekend.
LOL, I found an old Santa Paws PM that indicated one of the kitties liked dried tuna flakes.

Like my note said, I take no responsibility for the one coffee. It just seemed so interesting. Please let me know how it is! Also, let me know how you like the stuffed pepper! You may need to send that recipe to me.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Redhead
3.5 of 5 gifts are shipped! For one or two of my giftees, I was unable to include a note with shipping, so if you get a random gift, post it here and you can learn if it was from one of us!

Other gifts are ordered and I should receive them in the next week or so and then get them shipped out. Thanks to everyone for good descriptions.

I love this event every year! Thanks @wharvey for the many years of joy
I've had those before, and they are great! It's like, "Hmm, who sent this?"

This goes back to how it's always helpful when people post that they received gifts.
Redhead and jamesteroh like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by kipper
LOL, I found an old Santa Paws PM that indicated one of the kitties liked dried tuna flakes.

Like my note said, I take no responsibility for the one coffee. It just seemed so interesting. Please let me know how it is! Also, let me know how you like the stuffed pepper! You may need to send that recipe to me.
I made a glass of the chocolate donut coffee iced tonight and it tastes great. Can't wait to try some of the coffees in the box.

Hoping to make the stuffed pepper this weekend if the farmers market has green peppers on Saturday. There's also a recipe for quiche stuffed pepper I want to try
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I made a glass of the chocolate donut coffee iced tonight and it tastes great. Can't wait to try some of the coffees in the box.

Hoping to make the stuffed pepper this weekend if the farmers market has green peppers on Saturday. There's also a recipe for quiche stuffed pepper I want to try
I was worried about the chocolate donut coffee, but it sounded so unique, I figured it was worth a try.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:12 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Gang,

I might do one more round of assignments this weekend if I get enough interest. This needs to be done before Monday since we will be leaving on our anniversary trip to Hawaii Monday night and I will not be focusing on this while there.

If you are interested in signing up or adding an additional assignment, please let me know. Do let me know if you are willing to ship to Canada as I do have one person wanting in again from north of the Border.

Reminder.... for new people, I must have confirmation your first assignment gift was received before I can allow you to sign up for more.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Whoever has me as a giftee, first thanks! But wanted to add one thing, if you haven't shopped yet. I have season tickets for the Carolina Hurricanes this year (Yay!) and I'd love to get a retro Whalers long sleeve shirt or jersey. I'm an XL. I grew up watching the Whalers and love that my new team is still my old team.

Just another option for you. But thanks for participating.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: QF WP
Do the elves message from a gmail account? I got an email which im mainly sure is genuine but wanted to make sure not a phishing attempt 😂

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.