Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL 2021 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFFICIAL 2021 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mdbe
I've received several packages too. I've been lazy to post pictures as it's been really hectic. Will get on it this week. Received one right on my birthday last week that made my day... Thank you secret santas.
I'm outting myself. Would love to see a pic of the gift that I sent to see if they look as good in person as online (I sent the wine glasses with airport codes).
FlyingCow, kauppias and samaryatim like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Can't wait! From one redhead to another, thank you!
Did the sign arrive ok? Shipping said it did but would love to be sure
samaryatim likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I opened the bottle of white I got from Germany for dinner last night, I very much volunteer for having the same Santa and getting the same gift next year.....

Redhead, offerendum, tcl and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by Redhead
Did the sign arrive ok? Shipping said it did but would love to be sure
Yes, it did! It come just before we left town for a few weeks, I need to get a pic and post it up here. Thank you!
Redhead likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Here it is, thanks again Redhead!

offerendum, tcl, MrDplus and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:33 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Dear Santas,

I hope everyone is doing well.... I decided at 5 am on Monday morning to get in the car and drive 7 hours to Universal Studios in Orlando. Got to use our Annual Passes. Something to do while hubby is in Colombia visiting family. I just arrived back a few hours ago and just caught up on all private messages.

I am still concerned that a few people have not notified me that they have completed their obligations. I have sent out one last message and will begin suspending people who choose to not respond to me at all. I know a couple have been in contact with their person to figure out what to do due to complications.

On the other side, many of you have not detailed what you received. I have many who have not confirmed their gifts. Please respond to my messages ASAP... if you do not, I will assume you received everything.

As in years past, I may have a need for some substitute Santas. If you are willing and able, please let me know. Also let me know if you would do an international assignment.

Thanks

William
kauppias likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:39 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by wharvey
Dear Santas,

I hope everyone is doing well.... I decided at 5 am on Monday morning to get in the car and drive 7 hours to Universal Studios in Orlando. Got to use our Annual Passes. Something to do while hubby is in Colombia visiting family. I just arrived back a few hours ago and just caught up on all private messages.

I am still concerned that a few people have not notified me that they have completed their obligations. I have sent out one last message and will begin suspending people who choose to not respond to me at all. I know a couple have been in contact with their person to figure out what to do due to complications.

On the other side, many of you have not detailed what you received. I have many who have not confirmed their gifts. Please respond to my messages ASAP... if you do not, I will assume you received everything.

As in years past, I may have a need for some substitute Santas. If you are willing and able, please let me know. Also let me know if you would do an international assignment.

Thanks

William

Message about missng and received gifts sent
Old Dec 31, 2021, 8:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
I think some of the problems in UK and Europe now is that as UK is no longer in the EU everything coming in / going out of the country seems to be stuck in customs.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Yes plus some complicated new requirement to prepay VAT at time of shipment or risk it be collected upon delivery. Don't fully understand it but sounds like a cluster...

Last edited by joshua362; Dec 31, 2021 at 9:22 am
Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
some Chocolates and hot chocolate mix!
I'll out myself as well due to the backstory. Hardware, I worked as a Williams-Sonoma Mgr for about a year-and-a-half (to get health insurance while I started my business)... The chocolates I sent you were those that I could not keep my hands off of during the holiday season. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did :-)
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by navi_jen
I'll out myself as well due to the backstory. Hardware, I worked as a Williams-Sonoma Mgr for about a year-and-a-half (to get health insurance while I started my business)... The chocolates I sent you were those that I could not keep my hands off of during the holiday season. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did :-)
I will taste them tonight, I am actually a chocolate lover so I am sure I will love them. I can't wait to get to my moms home and state it all. She said she tried some and if she wasn't a diabetic would have eaten it all.
navi_jen and FlyingCow like this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I am pleased to inform that the gift from Australia finally came to my home. I am super happy to have this cool bird in my sitting room. I requested objects to display on my new fireplace (unfortunately renovation work postponed to Jan though), this is the perfect gift for me, I love this so much! I really thank nancypants for this fantastic gift!! Finally, Happy New Year to everyone!

tcl, MrDplus, CPH-Flyer and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 2:50 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
I am pleased to inform that the gift from Australia finally came to my home. I am super happy to have this cool bird in my sitting room. I requested objects to display on my new fireplace (unfortunately renovation work postponed to Jan though), this is the perfect gift for me, I love this so much! I really thank nancypants for this fantastic gift!! Finally, Happy New Year to everyone!

I tried to find the most Nordic looking one! They are quite famous and sell for hundreds to thousands of dollars in some markets (not on island obviously!). There is a second one coming from within the UK should be with you soon
offerendum and FlyingCow like this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Wow, my package really arrived yesterday in Australia! That's premium shipping as it only needed over 3 weeks. I'm excited if it will need another 20 days to be delivered So sorry for my Santee.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by offerendum
Wow, my package really arrived yesterday in Australia! That's premium shipping as it only needed over 3 weeks. I'm excited if it will need another 20 days to be delivered So sorry for my Santee.
ahaha I think this is me? If so all good, it’ll get here eventually!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.