Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL 2021 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFFICIAL 2021 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2021, 1:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Thank you to SDQBound for even more reading materials (perfect for gray OH winters) and a Talking Heads CD.

Many many laughs and thanks to jsds for more books and 2 kongs for Pumpkin. I literally could not put the box under the tree because he kept pawing it!

I will find Pumpkin gifts. The nose always knows!

Love my Kongs
If You Tell is so good but so disturbing. I read it in a few days, staying up until 1 or 2 AM every evening because I couldn't put it down.
navi_jen and FlyingCow like this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 6:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Actually, I gave you that cookbook last year. I never made anything from there that wasn't great! The white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are to die for, and the chocolate mousse pie is the fastest dessert to impress dinner guests or bring to a party, especially if you don't bake a crust. But I always do.
navi_jen and CREN like this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by Runner123
Actually, I gave you that cookbook last year.
It's so funny...I knew we had been SSs in the past, and I thought that you may have given me that cookbook...but I thought, nah, could not be possible. Too many co-inc-ki-dinks. Guess I should have another glass of eggnog...since my radar is completely shot

Thank you for both gifts....too bad we never met before I moved. Perhaps on a distant DO
Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:39 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Glad you liked all the presents. For some reason, Amazon failed to include the note in the Bose case and ear covers, but they came from me as well!
I'm SO sorry SDQ, I thought I might have mixed up a gift (I admitted as much to wharvey when PMing him my gifts)....please know there was no ill intent....just a crazy awful stressful month. Thank you, though, my Bose headphones are in desperate need of a midlife freshening up...and your gift will do just the trick. Thanks again
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I'm SO sorry SDQ, I thought I might have mixed up a gift (I admitted as much to wharvey when PMing him my gifts)....please know there was no ill intent....just a crazy awful stressful month. Thank you, though, my Bose headphones are in desperate need of a midlife freshening up...and your gift will do just the trick. Thanks again
Mine were in a very bad shape, but ran into a Target sale where the QC35 were below $200 so ended up buying them and retiring the old ones after 9 years.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Mine were in a very bad shape, but ran into a Target sale where the QC35 were below $200 so ended up buying them and retiring the old ones after 9 years.
tcl and navi_jen like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: hilton, amtrak, united, marriott, hyatt

A big, big thank you to my Secret Santa who sent whole bean coffee from Hawaii. It arrived this morning. Mahalo nui loa!!!
offerendum, SDQBound, tcl and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I didn't get a picture but my daughter opened her art kit on Xmas morning and squealed. She loves it! She is so excited to have "grown up paint!" and I'm looking forward to her works of art
offerendum, tcl, HWGeeks and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:00 pm

Big thank you to cwkc for the slim wallet and the HD webcam. Will definitely come in handy on my very first video call in Jan! Looking forward to not having to use my laptop's integrated webcam

Old Dec 28, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Not very many people posted received gifts this year. A pity.

its a big thing for many.

I received 3 out of 5 santa shipments this year, hopefully the rest are on their way and not just lazy santas 😀 Had that happen before.

A big thank you to my three ontime santas and a big thank you to Wharvey for all the hard work you put into this great tradition
holmedown, offerendum, tcl and 5 others like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by kauppias

I received 3 out of 5 santa shipments this year, hopefully the rest are on their way and not just lazy santas 😀 Had that happen before.

A big thank you to my three ontime santas and a big thank you to Wharvey for all the hard work you put into this great tradition
I always post and I love to see my recipients post as well.
offerendum, tcl, FlyingCow and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kauppias

I have 3/4 acknowledging arrival of the shipment in the thread. 1/4 posting pictures of the gifts unwrapped, which is a bit sad, but I had fun trying to find something that had a relevance to the information that they put in their sign up message. There is still time, if people are away from home with the family, it might delay the pictures a bit.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Hope everyone is having a lovely holiday time!

I need to apologise to my Santas for being a bad Santee. I have been away travelling, and manage to receive two of my presents (from Dark Blue and a mystery Secret Santa) before leaving. In the meantime the others might have arrived, but I have not received any notification - the post will usually call me, even instead of just ringing the doorbell.

I’ll be back next Monday, will be able to see what was delivered and will post ASAP to thank my Santas
LadyWrites and samosa like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I haven't been able to post pictures because Im not where the gifts arrived

But I did receive 2 bottles of wine! Can't wait to get to taste them, some Chocolates and hot chocolate mix, and another gift of chocolate with some t-shirts and a portable fan!
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I love posting pictures of my gifts. But I have really bad slow internet, so I am beset by technical and speed issues. I love seeing pictures of everyone's gifts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.