Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL 2021 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFFICIAL 2021 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Just received an assortment of New England based items, thank you very much Stephanie. Love cranberries...
offerendum, tcl, MrDplus and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Just unboxed a collection of foods and more from Cleveland, many thanks Navi-Jen!
offerendum, tcl, navi_jen and 5 others like this.

Last edited by joshua362; Dec 18, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Old Dec 18, 2021, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Received a nice box of goodies from a SS in Dallas.

A couple cat toys and some fish treats for the kitties, a cute cat light, some coffee, peppermint bark from Whole Foods that I love, and an assortment of chocolate
Old Dec 18, 2021, 2:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Came home from Italy to find:

Presents from navi_jen that included three books (The Greatest Beer Run Ever, The Flavor Bible, and A Woman of No Importance, along with two dog toys for Princess Grace, including one that is Pumpkin's favorite.
Presents from a Secret Santa that included two bags of coffee, a coffee mug, and three bags of jerky treats for Princess Grace.

Today, shortly after I arrived home, I received another present from navi_jen : a welcome mat that says, "Dogs Welcome, People Tolerated."

Thank you both!!!
navi_jen, FlyingCow and fishccy like this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by ahopkins767
Wasn't 22Euro for commercial transactions pre July when the whole system changed?

Anyway, you are right that you do need to look it up and the de minimis for gifts is separate from commercial transactions.
honestly this kind of stuff blows my mind! I put €22 as the value for recipient so hopefully won’t have had to pay duty either way (hopefully!)
holmedown and offerendum like this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 4:04 pm

I spoke too soon... There was another package hiding! In it was "a few of our favorite things," which included a pendant for brewery tours, a safety bandana for Grace, a bag of treats for her, a soft cube toy with squeaky toys, and a gorgeous elephant bracelet! Grace has demonstrated her ADD when presented with the cube. Apparently, we need to work on her focus. Although, she is fresh from a boarding stint, so she's exhausted.

Thank you, Santa!
FlyingCow and fishccy like this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I got my 4th gift today. Two huge bags of green tea, earl grey biscuits (yum since the box from the other Santa has been eaten!), and a box of sea salt caramels (which my dad has already tasted and pronounced delish!)

Thank You
Old Dec 19, 2021, 7:37 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by kipper
Came home from Italy to find:

Presents from navi_jen that included three books (The Greatest Beer Run Ever, The Flavor Bible, and A Woman of No Importance)
Hope you like the offlist book...I liked it so much I read it 2x (very rare for me). Glad the doormat arrived before Christmas....it was on backorder

Oh, and if any SSs are lurking, I am running behind on unpacking and haven't even decorated my tree. Rest assured, I have received many an SS package and they will be opened (and shared) before the holiday season is over
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by navi_jen
Hope you like the offlist book...I liked it so much I read it 2x (very rare for me). Glad the doormat arrived before Christmas....it was on backorder

Oh, and if any SSs are lurking, I am running behind on unpacking and haven't even decorated my tree. Rest assured, I have received many an SS package and they will be opened (and shared) before the holiday season is over
I'm sure I will enjoy it! Once I get things put away from this trip, I foresee a lot of curling up in a comfy chair and reading with coffee or beer. LOL, I can't wait to have my own place to use the doormat!
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Looks like I have a few packages waiting for me to pick up, I will go get them on wed when I return from my last flight of 2021
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
I just received a box of comfort on this cold and windy New England afternoon:

A box of chocolate covered cookies and a package of organic lip balms. In addition, there was a message saying to expect another gift directly from Delta!

I'm making some hot chocolate now to enjoy some of those decadent looking cookies.

Many thanks to my Secret Santa from the FT Delta Lounge!

Yummy cookies and much needed lip balms!
tcl, MrDplus, FlyingCow and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by LadyWrites
I just received a box of comfort on this cold and windy New England afternoon:

A box of chocolate covered cookies and a package of organic lip balms. In addition, there was a message saying to expect another gift directly from Delta!

I'm making some hot chocolate now to enjoy some of those decadent looking cookies.

Many thanks to my Secret Santa from the FT Delta Lounge!

Yummy cookies and much needed lip balms!
I'm allergic to nuts, so those cookies would kill me, but they look so good!!!
LadyWrites and FlyingCow like this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: AAdvatnage
Thank you to my Santa for a Trtl Neck pillow - came just in time for my trip to Hawaii and definitely made it a better better getting some sleep on the flight and during my 7hr delay in CLT! (Sorry for taking so long to post - been a crazy 2 weeks).

And big thank you again to wharvey for continuing to organize!

offerendum, tcl, MrDplus and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 4:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I finally opened up my Turkish box and found five small ceramic bowls-each one different colored and uniquely decorated! They are all very colorful, and I love them! Thanks, Secret Santa!
offerendum, tcl, FlyingCow and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 7:51 pm

Lisabeth, Sorry they missed the card. I hope you had a full 25 days of Ritual goodies. Great job setting it up with the lights it looks great.
Originally Posted by Lisabeth
I received an amazing gift from an anonymous Santa ( or Rituals forgot the gift card!).
Each house and tree have a great Rituals product enclosed. Every gift has been great- many are brand new products!
My daughter and I take turns on daily gift opening. Its nice to have a special mother/daughter daily moment of bliss. Thank you so much for the lovely gift- we absolutely love it!

A wonderful gift!
MrDplus and FlyingCow like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.