Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Sorry to see you go. Violist joins our other dear departed friends

Sorry to see you go. Violist joins our other dear departed friends

Old May 22, 2021, 10:46 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Sad to hear of this news recently. Condolences to all of those close to Michael. I had the pleasure to meet him on a few times around the world.
Sad. John.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 8:05 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
I did not know Michael well, though I had the chance to chat with him at a number of DOs: SIN, DUT, other Alaska DOs. What I do remember was an un-condescending openness, and a clear willingness to meet and talk to you frankly and directly, without judgement. He conveyed his wisdom of travel and the world without lauding it, and was a most receptive person to spend time with. One just had to like him. Truly a loss for the FT community. RIP Michael.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was cleaning out old emails today and I found an exchange from November, 2015 where Michael sponsored some United flights for an upgrade using his expiring RPUs. It made me smile reading his kind words again.

I'm keeping the email.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by CMK10
I was cleaning out old emails today and I found an exchange from November, 2015 where Michael sponsored some United flights for an upgrade using his expiring RPUs. It made me smile reading his kind words again.

I'm keeping the email.
Michael was one of my very first Secret Santa's back in 2001 or 2002. He sent me a UA SWU (systemwide upgrade). I was dumbfounded by his generosity. I kept showing this to my wife with a very open mouth. I was able to fly upfront all the way from JFK to SIN via LAX and NRT.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.