Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Sorry to see you go. Violist joins our other dear departed friends

Sorry to see you go. Violist joins our other dear departed friends

Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:56 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Iím glad Randy came back here to weigh in

I thought about messaging him on Facebook so Iím glad he was apprised of the news and wrote such a beautiful tribute.

And I was also the recipient of Violistís generosity several times Ė he was someone who embody the true spirit of flyer talk.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 5:09 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
I am so sad to see this. He and I often had wine and tapas during his DCA layovers, as well as seeing one another at various Dos. Once, he even came down to support me at a storytelling contest. Such a kind, intelligent, and spirited man.
boxo likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Violist was a really nice guy. I'm sorry that he has left us.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 3:43 am

I'm sorry to see him go. Truly enjoyed his company and his love for music,
Old Mar 10, 2021, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA
I'm so sorry to see this. I did not know him well but the couple of conversations I had with him were just lovely. RIP Michael.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 10:07 am

It was a pleasure to have met Michael at some of the Alaska DOs. I would have liked to see him again in a future Alaska DO. He is missed.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by GrjApp
Micheal was a regular at the AK DOs too, that is where I first met him. Iím sure a few special bottles will be opened in his memory one of these days. RIP Michael, you will be missed.
That is where I met him. RIP
Old Apr 12, 2021, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
May he rest in peace and his family and friends continue to remember his considerate spirit.

I remember him talking about his high school experience in Texas on FT, although I can't recall if it was in a post or on the FT chat feature.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 5:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've not been on CommunityBuzz in a while (since most aren't traveling), so was stunned & saddened to read of Michael's passing. I haven't seen him in a few years, but have many fond memories of him while attending many Dos such as the LondonDos, StarMegaDos, etc. All the heartfelt tributes above truly encompass what a lovely person he was.

(And in the London picture of Michael in 2009 up thread is another FTer named Michael that we lost a few years ago - cordelli).

RIP Michael. May you serenade us from the heavens as we fly by...
Old Apr 22, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Saddened to see this post. I've been pretty inactive on FT; change in work, different stage in life, etc.

When I was a young FT pup, it was Violist who was the first FTer I met; spotted his FT tag and struck up a conversation @ the IAD RCC. It was great to meet an actual FTer in the wild!

He was a really nice guy and we swapped stories of MR's; and then he handed me a spare FT tag from his bag. I put that tag on every backpack that went on the plane.

RIP Michael... the fond memories of him will continue on and be of comfort to his friends and family.
Old May 3, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Silver, 3 stays from Starwood Platinum!
Haven't "logged in" in many years, but I have many fond memories of Michael. Rest in peace. Linda
24.05.2004 likes this.
Old May 3, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Just saw this, so sorry to hear. met up with him many times, very interesting fellow to chat with. RIP Michael.
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 3, 2021, 9:17 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Ive been away from FT for a couple of months and just saw this.... very sad news indeed. Violist and I met a couple of times throughout the years, the last time being his attendance of the Cow Do here in EZE. My condolences to his family and friends. Descansa en Paz.
Old May 8, 2021, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I just saw this; met Michael many times and he was always a Gentleman.

Saddened see read of his passing.

RIP Michael.
dhammer53 and Storyteller like this.
Old May 15, 2021, 12:39 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
I ran into Michael (and Pat) at many DOs all around the globe. The man was a sweetheart.
At one event I had the unexpected pleasure of being asked to turn the pages for Michael as he played
Condolences to Pat and family and other close friends.
dhammer53 and jackal like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.