Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 17 Brisbane, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 28 to May 30, 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 17 Brisbane, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 28 to May 30, 2021

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
Originally Posted by alief
I'm in bright and early Friday morning (good lord, what was I thinking?!).
Fri 28 May. JQ810 SYD 6:30 BNE 7:30

I'll be searching nice cheap accom over next few days. Life would really be much easier if I did these things sooner, I remind myself in vain.

I'm going to stay a few extra days and and work out of our BNE office. Brisbane will be sick of me by the end.
Unsure what your tastes/preferences are on hotels but you can certainly find decent hotels well under $100 in Brisbane over the weekend. Case in point, I'm staying at the Comfort Inn Spring Hill Terrace for $73/night. Sure it may not be a Hilton in terms of perks and overall hotel quality but it gets the job done, and if you have elite status with Choice Hotels they tend to treat you alright (at least from my experience).

You Trusty,

Roo Flyer
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 4, 2021, 1:00 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
I am glad to see that this is happening. Unfortunately I will not make this one. Hopefully 2022 will be the next one for me. Wherever you pick, I will do my best to be there!
kpc, Storyteller and krazykanuck like this.
Old May 8, 2021, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Three weeks to go!
Old May 11, 2021, 4:34 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Any thing planned as yet organisers with just over 2 weeks to go?
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 6:09 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Stay away from endearing 4 year olds with sloppy kisses - they harbour germs!!
After 3 weeks am finally out and about again.
OzFlyGirl and I caught up this week, and tonight closed in on a close approximate of a working plan.
We will have drinks and dinner Friday, outing then drinks and dinner Saturday, and outing and lunch on Sunday.
I still need to secure table bookings, and have a Plan B if need be, however I hope to get the full programme up over the weekend.

For now, know we WILL have gatherings, we will eat, drink, and make merry for OzFest 2021, and enjoy lovely subtropical Brisbane and Sth East Queensland
Cheers
Storyteller
Old May 13, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Thanks Storyteller that sounds great.

We are already on the Gold Coast, for a pilots course reunion, and looking forward to another entertaining weekend with Oz Fest.
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 5:36 am

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
Despite living just down the road, unfortunately Mr Fifa and I are unable to attend OzFest this year .
Have a fantastic time everyone!!!
Old May 15, 2021, 12:14 am

Say it's not so!
Old May 18, 2021, 3:37 pm
kpc

Originally Posted by Storyteller
Stay away from endearing 4 year olds with sloppy kisses - they harbour germs!!
After 3 weeks am finally out and about again.
OzFlyGirl and I caught up this week, and tonight closed in on a close approximate of a working plan.
We will have drinks and dinner Friday, outing then drinks and dinner Saturday, and outing and lunch on Sunday.
I still need to secure table bookings, and have a Plan B if need be, however I hope to get the full programme up over the weekend.

For now, know we WILL have gatherings, we will eat, drink, and make merry for OzFest 2021, and enjoy lovely subtropical Brisbane and Sth East Queensland
Cheers
Storyteller
Can you share the program? (9 days away)
Old May 19, 2021, 3:24 am

Happy to be able to post the OzFest programme. Please will the OzFest Team will add in links to the venues too

*** To assist OzFlyGirl747 and me with final confirmations with the venues, please let us know if you plan to attend each meal, and how many of you there will be! ***
Perhaps the spreadsheet genii can create one to assist?

This OzFest is shaped by the needs of the past 15 months. It's simple, I havn't had to put my credit card down too many times, and it's all about enjoying Brisbane in a way many locals do. And it's all about enjoying the River and the Bay, and our lovely city with friends over food.. So much good food

Friday 28/05/2021
OzFest 2021 kicks off at 6:15pm with drinks & dinner at
River Bar and Kitchen
Riparian Plaza, 71 Eagle St, Promenade level

* We have a table booked for a 3 hours block.
** Orders placed at the bar, so it's easy for a group like ours.

Saturday 29/05/2021
A great way to enjoy The River City.
We'll spend the day riding the River Cats & ferries.

Saturday Lunch
will be at a venue to be advised - we await final confirmation as we speak!

* You will need a TransLink card for the Cats / Ferries. Available at many retail venues plus BNE at the train station. Check out TransLink site for retailers near your hotel, plus how the system works.

Saturday Dinner
Continue on the River after lunch, arrive by river at Eat Street for drinks & dinner. Sunset is at 5:00pm.

I have secured a booking from 5:00pm - 8:00 pm for a quaint converted old shipping container, plus there are other tables just outside the container if we exceed the COVID safe number inside.
Ferry / Cat back to the City at the end.

* There are dozens of styles of food available from individual Vendors on the site.
** For those driving there is heaps of free parking. Admission for all is $5
*** The cost to me for the container for 3 hours is $180. We'll divide this by the number who attend?

Sunday 30/05/2021
A morning / day by the Bay.

Catch the bus / train / drive / taxi / Uber to enjoy the morning Markets at Redcliffe on The Esplanade close to the Redcliffe Jetty from as early as you want.
Views of Moreton Island and the Bay.
Wander out onto the Jetty.
Check out the BeeGees walk between Sutton St and The Esplanade.

Sunday Lunch
Moreton Bay Boat Club overlooking Scarborough Boat Harbour and the Glasshouse Mountains
MBBC Bird of Paradise Esplanade
Scarborough
We have a table / tables booked on the deck at MBBC from 12:30pm.

* Again, order drinks and food at the bar / restaurant.
** Locals, don't forget to brink an esky so you can buy some fresh seafood and ice to take home from Morgan's just around the corner

*** Folk who have checked out of their hotels in the City and plan to head to the airport after the morning or after lunch can perhaps pop their bags into assorted cars of locals who will be attending.
BNE is around a 35-40 minutes easy run from MBBC ***

Last edited by Storyteller; May 19, 2021 at 3:29 am
Old May 19, 2021, 4:18 am

Programs: QFF Platinum
Thanks for all the hard work putting this together.

Please put me down (for one person) for all events.
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 19, 2021, 4:23 am
kpc

I and + 1 will do Fri dinner, Sat lunch and dinner and Sun lunch. Please let us know how much value to put on the Translink card. Also what is the best way by public transport to get from Hilton to Moreton Bay Boat Club? (will skip Redcliff) thanks
Storyteller likes this.

Last edited by kpc; Apr 1, 2022 at 1:48 am
Old May 19, 2021, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I will do Fri dinner, Sat GO card extravaganza, Sat. lunch and dinner and Sun lunch.

@kpc I hope to rent a car for Sunday so may able to give you and + 1 a lift for Sunday lunch.
kpc and Storyteller like this.
Old May 19, 2021, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by kpc
I and + 1 will do Fri dinner, Sat lunch and dinner and Sun lunch. Please let us know how much value to put on the Translink card. Also what is the best way by publc transport to get from Hilton to Moreton Bay Boat Club? (will skip Redcliff) thanks
Hi KPC, looking forward to seeing you and +1!
Check train timetable from Central to Kippa-Ring, and Uber from there for final 5 minutes' drive.
Or, bus from City to Scarborough Nth Quay / Terminus which is just around the corner from MBBC.
Possibly going to be others who fancy a sleep in and just want lunch at the boat harbour
Cheers
Storyteller
Old May 19, 2021, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by kpc
I and + 1 will do Fri dinner, Sat lunch and dinner and Sun lunch. Please let us know how much value to put on the Translink card. Also what is the best way by publc transport to get from Hilton to Moreton Bay Boat Club? (will skip Redcliff) thanks
Just re-reading the TransLink site, they do do refunds.
Amount per trip depends on the type of card / concession you have, plus your planned use here.
The train from airport to city, cats n ferries, train / bus to the Peninsula on Sunday, plus possible train back to airport, all could be on the card.
Once you get the card, I believe you can set it for auto top-up. and, from my reading, what you don't end up using, you can get a refund.
The locals who use the card may be able to tell you more. I will be buying my first over the next week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.