Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 17 Brisbane, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 28 to May 30, 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 17 Brisbane, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 28 to May 30, 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 12:08 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Thanks Roo Flyer

While the 2 of our PMs are still in face to face discussions , many remain hopeful that the ATB happens this year 🤞🏻 .. & MLB here I come , perhaps before the DO ..

Missing being back in Seattle on “ annual “ trips too - last in ‘ 19 before border / quarantine issues last year set in .
Yes , Husky who lived there 6 / 7 years when Starbucks began & have friend ( s ) who were pioneer staff

Also miss Peets , another hangout in the Bay Area
Old Jun 12, 2021, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Thanks Roo Flyer

While the 2 of our PMs are still in face to face discussions , many remain hopeful that the ATB happens this year 🤞🏻 .. & MLB here I come , perhaps before the DO ..
Uh, if Oz Fest goes to MLB, a bunch of FTers from the USA will not be flying/travelling very far to attend...

David
kpc and JessicaTam like this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kangarooflyer88
As someone who has spent enough time in North America, I respectfully disagree with your assessment of this. ...
I don't think you're disagreeing as much as providing another, different, personal perspective.

(I think I've been to Australia about ten times, for periods of 2 1/2 hours to three weeks, probably about three months in total. Someday I should count.)

And now back to our regular OzFest programming ... maybe you and I can share a cup of coffee - or a glass of something stronger - at the next one!
kpc and serfty like this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
Originally Posted by DELee
Uh, if Oz Fest goes to MLB, a bunch of FTers from the USA will not be flying/travelling very far to attend...
I'll just leave this here:

- The One & Only Roo Flyer
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver

David
Oh, I don't know - Some years ago OzFest was attended by a few USA denizens who travelled to Europe then back though the USA so they could get a reasonably priced upgradeable fare trans Pacific. ...
JohnSydney2000 and Fredd like this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
Oh, I don't know - Some years ago OzFest was attended by a few USA denizens who travelled to Europe then back though the USA so they could get a reasonably priced upgradeable fare trans Pacific. ...
Mrs. Fredd discovered we could fly UA LHR-LAX-SYD using only one SWU (UA international upgrade instrument). It was actually cheaper at the time than flying SEA-SFO-SYD. In our case, all we needed to do was reposition YVR-LHR on AC.

We let others know and one or two (?) others and we made use of it the following year before UA closed the "loophole." We've also routed outbound to Oz Fest via Europe with a more direct returning flight.

Good memories!
Old Jun 13, 2021, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum

David
Agreed. If I want to visit that area, I have many more choices into and out of MCO.

MEL, on the other hand - here I come!!
Governator and DELee like this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:12 pm
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Thread for Oz Fest 18 Melbourne, VIC, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 27 to May 29, 2022 now live
Efrem, Governator, boxo and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.