Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Official 2020 Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official 2020 Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2020, 2:23 am

Got a fantastic Recycled Firemans Wallet from my SS.....which is exactly what i wanted!!
Cant wait to try this bad boy out.

No name on package, so not sure who my SS is.

Dovster, holmedown and FlyingCow like this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 7:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
If my Santas have sent presents to me, please note that you are using a different address for me and because they are not being sent directly to me, for once, I can't rip them open as soon as they arrive! I know, this disappoints some, as you can't tease me about my lack of patience now, but using that address was the best option.
Redhead, Dovster, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I just got my second gift sent. So now there is only waiting to see if the receiver will have good use of the gifts.

As usual it was quite fun to try to think of something useful for people you don't really know.
This is the hardest (and most fun) part. Getting them something creative, different, and useful that they will like. Hopefully, they won't think it is junk, and you have introduced them to a new product that they may not otherwise have tried.
Dovster and CPH-Flyer like this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
A t-shirt for my daughter arrived last night. She put it on right away. We love it
Attached Images  
Dovster, wrp96 and FlyingCow like this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta

I got these a few weeks ago.. I managed not to open and eat them but that battle is now lost. I am halfway through the Lindor but doing my best to keep the others until December! Many thanks for my Secret Santa!
Dovster, wrp96 and FlyingCow like this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
all gifts wrapped and shipped today, went a little longer then planned but I had some difficulties deciding on some. I went quite exotic for some, put of my comfortzone for sure but I tried to find something fun unique and odd hopefully I succeeded

​​​​​
Old Nov 18, 2020, 12:30 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I just got my second gift sent. So now there is only waiting to see if the receiver will have good use of the gifts.

As usual it was quite fun to try to think of something useful for people you don't really know.

I try to find something fun and different, something useful sometimes but uniquely odd at the same time 😂 something they would not necesarily buy for themselves

Those are the gifts that I myself enjoy getting myself 🤷‍♀️😁
Dovster, wrp96 and CPH-Flyer like this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by john c wisconsin
We received the first of our Secret Santa Gifts. Some great food goodies from N. Carolina. We were just in Asheville in August and don't remember seeing any of these items. Thanks Redhead. We have only opened a couple so far but great to try some things we have never seen or tried before.

John
these look delicious 😁
Dovster likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by mjbdiamond
My Santa got me a great tasting set of whiskies from the Whisky Exchange, none of which I’ve tried yet so look forward to working my way through over the coming weeks.

Thanks, really love this as I can learn some new whiskies and keep warm!

this looks like fun. I normally drink Rum but this year I have started with whiskeys though not neat 😁😁
Dovster likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by try2keepup
Got my amazing gift today, but didnt include a name.
But I mentioned I love this company so my AMAZING SS from the UK ordered this from the US to ship to me in the middle east...AMAZING!

Cant wait to fill this bad boy up.
Thank you!!
what is it? 😁 curiosity is killing me since you didnt include a photo 😁
Redhead and Dovster like this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 3:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Post 121
Old Nov 18, 2020, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by samosa
This is the hardest (and most fun) part. Getting them something creative, different, and useful that they will like. Hopefully, they won't think it is junk, and you have introduced them to a new product that they may not otherwise have tried.
It is kind of fun, one had a pretty brief description of interests, yet after some back and forth I feel I found something that is unusual, yet related. Let's see...
Dovster likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kauppias
I try to find something fun and different, something useful sometimes but uniquely odd at the same time 😂 something they would not necesarily buy for themselves

Those are the gifts that I myself enjoy getting myself 🤷‍♀️😁
Those are some of the best gifts. Thing you'd never have thought off yourself, yet something that is uniquely useful and nice. Difficult to hit as the giver, but the efforts that is put in is part of the joy of receiving it.
Dovster and FlyingCow like this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 8:21 pm

Just an FYI to my Secret Santa - I know another box arrived for me, but it was whisked away to be hidden until Christmas.
Dovster likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 11:52 pm

Those are some of the best gifts. Thing you'd never have thought off yourself, yet something that is uniquely useful and nice. Difficult to hit as the giver, but the efforts that is put in is part of the joy of receiving it.

Indeed.

One year I got the baubax travel jacket that was awesome, I had thought about buying it but never did.

I have also received alot of nifty travel stuff over the years and when I find a useful travel tool or one that helps ease my travels I try to buy those too and send at christmas Time
Dovster likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.