Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Official 2020 Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official 2020 Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by wharvey
Dear Santas,

I do hope everyone had a very joyous and enjoyable holiday season.

I am working to close out all the loose ends... but shipping delays are making it difficult.

In any event, as in most years, I may need a few selfless Santas to step up and help me fulfill unkept commitments by others in this community. I will not know for a week or so, but figure I would ask now. As always, I will take care of some needs but could use some helpers. If you are willing to help, please message me and let me know any shipping restrictions you may have out of your home country.

Thanks again,

William
I'll help if needed. Can do anywhere.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Apologies to my wonderful Santa Lisabeth for the late acknowledgment on these, my departure for Christmas and their arrival missed each other by a day! I’m really enjoying the book timing was perfect on that as I’ve recently been discussing a lot about that era of Chinese history with some ex-pat friends who just returned from there. I haven’t gotten to try the bubble bar as it has been claimed by everyone else in my house already, and we all got a kick out of the ornament! Thanks for being awesome!

Old Jan 3, 2021, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I’ll volunteer to help.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
Amazing hot chocolate collection. Much appreciated in this cold London winter

!
As a confirmed hot chocolate fanatic, I envy you!!!
offerendum, wrp96 and carmine10 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
As a confirmed hot chocolate fanatic, I envy you!!!
Great gift. I love their hot chocolate and it's sold at a shop in Covent gardens by the hotel I stay at in London. Missed being able to get that this year along with mince pies and cadbury I always buy on my annual December London trip
CDTraveler likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Late to posting but here is an amazing piece of av artwork from my ss Bill. Amazing find!

FlyerEC, wrp96 and lsuswim like this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 10:08 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
If anyone has sent anything to me through the US Postal Service, just FYI, the postal service is really backed up and they're possibly falsifying the tracking at this point. I have the following packages from the USPS that stopped tracking early to mid December that "miraculously" began tracking again over the weekend, and the tracking shows as delivered today, but none of these packages have made it to my door:

1. A package shipped from an eBay seller (Tracking # ends in 3721)
2. A package from LL Bean (Tracking # ends in 5477)
3. A package from someone who paid for the label on Stamps.com (Tracking # ends in 4255)

At this point I'm not sure if any of these are gifts from a FT exchange, or some other exchange (I participated in other exchanges on other sites) but I know for sure that I didn't order these, so if you are one of my Santas and recognize any of these packages, I haven't received it yet, although I hope that they will arrive eventually!
Redhead likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:48 am

Finally arrived after USPS delay

I received this wonderful collection of gifts from my Santa today. It was shipped via US Postal Service on Dec. 14, and obviously got temporarily lost in their system during the very busy holidays. Very thoughtful and appreciated! Thank You!

wrp96 and CPH-Flyer like this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 6:40 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
My gifts from NZ arrived and it was surely worth the wait. I got some nice Kiwi gin and a dystopian novel from a Kiwi artist. I am genuinely pleased and surprised.
I actually grew up in NZ, and then spent a year there for uni, so it is rather nostalgic. :-) Thank you very much Secret Santa.

Redhead, offerendum and CPH-Flyer like this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 7:55 am

Thank you so, so much to LSUSwim for the beyond thoughtful gift of a candle subscription. Two of my favorite things - candles, and monthly surprise subscriptions! I know I was one of the unlucky ones this year, being assigned a "bad Santa," and having others in the group who jump in in those cases is incredible. And LSUSwim was the person I was assigned to send a gift back in 2019 - small world! Thank you again - really made my day

UPDATE: in addition to the candle subscription I also received a plane toy and two aviation books for my toddler who loooves planes, and a book for me written by my favorite TV reviewer. my daughter is OBSESSED with the book and toy - thank you once again for going so above and beyond this year!
Redhead and lsuswim like this.

Last edited by fralcole; Jan 22, 2021 at 8:10 pm
Old Jan 19, 2021, 3:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
The interlocking community is one of my favorite parts of this whole thing, I was excited to get to help you!
Old Jan 21, 2021, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Btw: There should be a naughty list for people who don´t give feedback about their received gifts.....
Old Sep 14, 2021, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Is it time for the 2021 thread yet?
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:08 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Originally Posted by kipper
Is it time for the 2021 thread yet?
In time, dear.

We just returned from a 10 day vacation yesterday! Hope to have it up by the end of the week.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by wharvey
In time, dear.

We just returned from a 10 day vacation yesterday! Hope to have it up by the end of the week.
You know how much patience I have and how excited I get with this each year.

Hope you had a great vacation!
dhammer53, FlyingCow and CREN like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.