Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Official 2020 Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official 2020 Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:32 am

Thank you to Dark Blue for sending such great gifts from across the pond! The ski socks are perfect and will get lots of use this season and the waterproof pouch will keep things nice and dry during summer camping trips. The card from the museum was a really nice touch - much appreciated!

Dark Blue and FlyingCow like this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
A package arrived yesterday. I had a fascination with candles, but man this diffuser is on another level... Thank you Santa.

Dovster, tcl, wrp96 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by mdbe; Dec 22, 2020 at 10:13 pm
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:48 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
Can't post a picture sadly, but I got a fantastic gift selection from my German santa.

Included was a cool bandana which will make a great face covering, a thermal top which is perfect for when I run in winter, a very tasty bag of gingerbread (I think its homemade and tastes so great). Finally, I got a stunning bottle of Riesling, which is my favourite white wine variety and so I am so looking forward to drinking this on Christmas day. Thanks so much!
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 8:06 am

Programs: Delta Plat
I am currently in the Dominican Republic will be in NY tomorrow but my mom has received gifts for me.

I can't wait to get home to see them. She said they came unwrapped but she wrapped them. and that ones in the fridge.

Will post pictures when I get to her house.
wrp96 and FlyingCow like this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 6:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I made it to my alternate address and found several packages waiting for me. Photos to follow eventually, once everything is opened. Yes, shocker, I did not open everything!

I received a box of goodies from Florida. Those included a new apron for my new kitchen (when I get it) that I love, dog treats that Geno is lobbying to devour tonight, rescue dog socks, memory makers for the dogs, and a brewery touring accessory that I love!

From samosa, I received a very generous Amazon gift card (given my current situation, I suggested that gift cards would be a welcome and much appreciated option), a wrapped bag that I haven't opened (I'll save that for tomorrow), a gorgeous luggage tag, a Ghirardelli gift set with chocolate, a brownie, cookies, hot chocolate, and a coffee mug (failed to get a photo of that, because I may have devoured the chocolate and brownie), and the perfect bookmark for me. The bookmark says, "Life is tough my darling, but so are you." Given everything in my life right now, I need that reminder!

From jamesteroh, I received a giant bag of chocolate covered espresso beans, which will make working from home more enjoyable now! I also received a wrapped bag that I'll open tomorrow.

I'll post photos once I open the rest of the goodies. I'm trying to behave, but it is soooo tempting!

From my Florida Santa
tcl, wrp96 and FlyingCow like this.

Last edited by kipper; Dec 23, 2020 at 7:23 pm
Old Dec 23, 2020, 8:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
I think I’ve received all 3 gifts. All from my Amazon wishlist,

- Lamp
- Philips Hue light bar
- iPad stand
- 2 bottles of Belizean hot sauce
​​​​​​- Letter opener
- Guinness pint glasses
​​​​​​-The Power and the Glory book

Hope I’m not missing anything.

Thank you all!

tcl and FlyingCow like this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 6:21 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by mdbe
First three gifts. Thank you secret santas... They all complement each other. Sipping my whiskey in my new whiskey glasses after a brief COVID scare that involved fever, and reading about cars/planes...

Glad you liked the books. Faster was a BIG hit in my car club...and I found a few new books to add to my own reading list Happy Christmas!
wrp96 and CREN like this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The gifts are unboxed, and ready to go under the Xmas tree.
More to follow later when also unwrapped.

Old Dec 24, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Santa was extemely generous this year. Thank you so much!

Old Dec 24, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus

Thank you Santa LSUSwim for my spice grinder and beeswax wraps. This is perfect!
Thank you Santa LSUSwim for my spice grinder and beeswax wraps. This is perfect!
tcl, FlyingCow and samosa like this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 12:50 pm

Thank You Santa A Timm for these beautifully wrapped packages. I am excited to open these tomorrow.
tcl, FlyingCow and samosa like this.

Last edited by TokyoFoodie; Dec 24, 2020 at 12:55 pm
Old Dec 24, 2020, 12:55 pm

Thank you Santa Jeffrey for this gorgeous bookmark
tcl, FlyingCow and CREN like this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 1:00 pm

Thank you Santa Desquilliano for my spice grinder and beeswax wraps. This is perfect!
tcl and FlyingCow like this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
First gift unwrapped.

Colourful socks, tea to infuse in gin, an anthology from an Argentinian author., and a lovely scarf. I am super happy.

Thank you to my Secret Santa, not identified on the card but I think I know who it is. I feel very privileged by the efforts put in to the gift.

tcl, navi_jen and FlyingCow like this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Second gift unwrapped. This time from Finland.

Blueberry vanilla chocolates, warm socks for the winter, a powerbank, a pen with a light for writing in the dark, and a way cool down west to keep your mobile phone warm even in the coldest winter.

I am super happy with all the thoughts and efforts going in to this collection.

​​​​​​
tcl, FlyingCow and CREN like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.