Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Official 2020 Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official 2020 Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:17 am

It's gonna be a hot sauce tasting weekend....

Thank you Runner123 for my gifts. I CAN'T WAIT to try out these hot sauces. Caribbean gal here :-)
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by john c wisconsin
I came home to a wonder package last night from one of my secret santas. A Bonsai tree. I am going to ignore one of the directions to bury outside for the winter (dormant months). I don't think they meant that for Wisconsin temperatures. Thanks to whoever the Santa was.
Don't be so certain. From Google:

Japanese winters generally last from December to February. In Tokyo, December temperatures tend to be around 12şC (54°F) in the afternoon and drop to about 5şC (41°F) in the morning and at night. By January, afternoon temperatures drop to 10şC (50°F) and morning temperatures tend to hover between 2şC~3şC (35°F~37°F).
Old Dec 18, 2020, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Dovster
Don't be so certain. From Google:

Thanks. I think I will use my cold basement floor. Wisconsin.... https://www.weather-us.com/en/wiscon...climate_text_5
Old Dec 18, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Marcia3641

Thank you Runner123 for my gifts. I CAN'T WAIT to try out these hot sauces. Caribbean gal here :-)

Marcia,

There was a bigger gift delivered December 16 directly to a resident. Please let me know if you got this or not-I am thinking not. If so, I am very sorry, and you have a package thief in your apartment complex as this one was the big gift. Please let me know and I will get another one sent out. Perhaps I can send it to an office address? So sorry, and if so, I bet it won't come before Christmas. Runner 123 ps-it may be little consolation, but I myself have been the victim of many a package thief this year
Old Dec 18, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Southwest A-List

When I saw UPS tell me the other day I had a 9lb package coming from a random resort in Wisconsin, I knew it had to be a secret santa thing. Well thank you VERY MUCH to Santa #1. You went way above and beyond with this set and especially the bag. I just hope I get to use it soon. The commute from my bed to my office is rather short right now!
Old Dec 18, 2020, 5:22 pm

So it has been an interesting connection of events in our house today. Late this afternoon we had to put down our little white bichon frise dog Kirby. Kirby came to us eight years ago as a rescue He had been on the streets of south Chicago but they could not catch him for weeks. Lets just say he won the lottery compared to that life when we took him in. He was spoiled from that point on.

So when we came home from all of this and we had received a first package from one of my secret santas. A very nice cutting board but the back story was about Strayables.com and #straystrong. How fitting that we received something connected to helping out stray animals. We will put it to good use. Thank you to my secret Santa! John

Our Kirby
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Our Kirby
Sorry to hear, it's always very sad.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
So it has been an interesting connection of events in our house today. Late this afternoon we had to put down our little white bichon frise dog Kirby. Kirby came to us eight years ago as a rescue He had been on the streets of south Chicago but they could not catch him for weeks. Lets just say he won the lottery compared to that life when we took him in. He was spoiled from that point on.

So when we came home from all of this and we had received a first package from one of my secret santas. A very nice cutting board but the back story was about Strayables.com and #straystrong. How fitting that we received something connected to helping out stray animals. We will put it to good use. Thank you to my secret Santa! John

Our Kirby
Sorry to hear about your dog. My parents had a Bichon and the lady who lives on the floor above me has a Bichon mix. Great dogs.
john c wisconsin likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Received several gifts today. A santa sent me a very nice leather briefcase. I start a new job on the 31st so this will come in very handy. Also recevied some cheddar cheese and seasonings I can't wait to try.

Received a package from Sephora with some travel sized men's clinque products and some travel sized cologne.

Received a set of insulated martini glasses. I threw those in the freeze right away and ordered a martini with my takeout tonight and tried out one of the glasses and it worked great. Kept the martini really cold.
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
So sorry to hear of your loss.

HeadElf53 aka dh

Our Kirby
Old Dec 18, 2020, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by dhammer53
I was just contacted by HeadElf53 about this thread. He said that you should contact him using PM via dhammer53 to find additional information about your recipient. Everyone will be happy that the Elves are working socially distant, 6 feet (2 meters) apart, and are washing up constantly.
The office of HeadElf is available to verify, and check in to see if your giftee has received their gift. My mailbox has seen recent activity. I promise to check daily through the holidays.
Let me know if I can help.

N.B. to Santa wharvey. Thank goodness this guy doesn't work here. https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...vation/2750538
CDTraveler likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 7:21 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
I have just received this fabulous basket from Pennsylvania. Thank you so much Michele for a wonderful Christmas gift!!!
I have already told my husband that I am looking forward to waking up to a smell of freshly made pancakes on Christmas morning - not sure why his excitement went down a notch after that.
Thanks again - this is an awesome surprise!
Attached Images  
navi_jen and FlyingCow like this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 7:23 pm

Our Kirby
Sorry to hear about your pup.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 11:55 pm

Jacuzzi bath time for me this weekend....

Runner123 and the grand finale to all the goodies I received this week. It's going to be a very relaxing weekend.
wrp96 and FlyingCow like this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
and this arrived this morning - and has already been put to good use - nice little glass chopping board - I love the size of it.
No note or anything in / on it or sender details - so assume it is from a SS ?
FlyingCow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.