Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Has anyone heard from BEYFlyer recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat

Mods, excuse me if I am violating the TOS by starting a thread about a particular member but I have no other way of finding out if he is okay.

BEY has not posted since January, and Lebanon is in very bad straights right now. In addition to the coronavirus which all of us are at risk from, Lebanon's economy is close to collapsing, there has been a lot of civil strife in recent months, and it seems to be bordering on another civil war. I sent him a PM a few days ago but received no answer. On top of all of that, today there was a major explosion in the port area (which is about 12 kilometers from where he lives and 6 kilometers from the center of the city, which is where I believe that he has his office). News reports are saying that hundreds of people were injured.

I know that a lot of FTers are close personal friends of his and I am hoping that one of them (or anyone else) can tell me that they have been in contact with him and he is fine.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 9:50 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
His last activity wasn’t that long ago. I hope we hear that he is safe and well.
Last Activity: Jul 26, 20
Brendan and dedehans like this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:15 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Thank you both for checking in. Safe and sound. Beirut is a war zone; so much loss of life and destruction. Please safe everyone.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:26 am
Original Poster

"Safe and sound" is exactly what I wanted to hear. The "war zone" is not. A number of countries, including Israel, have offered to send humanitarian aid to Beirut but I can see that ending very quickly if those sending the aid also find themselves under attack when making the deliveries.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:37 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Just FYI.

There is a parallel thread in the BA forum:
Brendan likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 9:55 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Good to see Dovster and BEYFlyer are still around and doing well...I remember that old FT thread years ago!
dedehans and chgoeditor like this.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Good to see Dovster and BEYFlyer are still around and doing well...I remember that old FT thread years ago!
During the course of that thread people checked our green lights on the posts to see if we were still alive.

Today, things are a bit different for me. Each morning I check my pulse to be certain that I have one in order to know if I am still alive.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I remember not only that thread, but the pleasure of meeting both of them at their Fort Lauderdale Do soon after. I knew Dovster was okay from his posting in at least one other thread I visit, but worried about BEYFlyer in the wake of the recent explosion. Very glad to hear that he is too!
pbjag likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Me too - that started during the week that my wife was mourning the death of her mother; when I mentioned it to someone offhandedly, she immediately asked to read it - and was hooked!

Dov - haven't been in your part of the world much; my reason to visit moved from the Beit Shean area down to Rehovot last year...we were there in late Feb, but who knows when we'll be able to come back.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Dovster
"Safe and sound" is exactly what I wanted to hear. The "war zone" is not. A number of countries, including Israel, have offered to send humanitarian aid to Beirut but I can see that ending very quickly if those sending the aid also find themselves under attack when making the deliveries.
I realized that. I remember we have wars in Israel and Lebanon. Everyone who had to be evacuated. The trains is halted. We have someone who stay with us in my hotel room. He spent there for 1 night. He unable to get back to Haifa. I remember everyone is worried about me. We were there in 2006.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.