polkacat - NoGT
CountZero
srletend - NoGT
der_saeufer - probably both
KMA26 - NoGT

Interested:
CMK10

General information
For train travel on the weekend, it is recommended that you buy your tickets online in advance, as they are 50% off for weekend travel.

DO Information

Friday 24 April

Drie Fonteininen: I heard back from them, confirming that they will do buses to NoGT again this year. This is posted on their Facebook page:

“Twist of Fate” (“Speling van het Lot”) is a series of small batch experimental brews, barrel maturations, fruit macerations and/or blends. It allows us to enter the lambic playground in our own way. In 2020, we will host Twisting the fate on Friday 24 and Saturday 25 of April from 1000, They will also be running buses to NoGT. Tickets (€5) are on sale now.

Night of the Great Thirst, Itterbeek 7pm-midnight. Flyertalkers will arrive at the beginning of the festival to hold a table for the group. This is an outdoor event, please dress appropriately. Also note that beer is generally sold by the 750 ml bottle and sharing is encouraged. Food is available for purchase. Cash is required, so hit an ATM in advance. Note that busses from Itterbeek to Brussels are hourly; plan your trip at https://www.delijn.be/en/.

Saturday 25 April

Zythos Bierfestival 1PM - 11 PM. Unlike past years, you apparently need a ticket to get in the door. This year pre-sales are allowed in at noon, one hour before walk-ins. So buy your tokens ahead of time.

Buy tokens in advance: https://www.zbf.be/en/advance-sales/ . Tickets are available for sale now. Experience indicates that 20 tokens is too many for one day; starting with 10 and buying more, if needed, is a good strategy.

Beers lists are here: ZBF 2020 - Exposanten en Bieren

Food is available for sale; you may also bring your own food.

For anyone who wants to travel in a group, I suggest IC 509 departing Central/Centraal at 11 am. This train arrives Leuven at 11:24. For those who have not been before: exit the Leuven train station and bear right to get to the bus depot. The free shuttle to the hall is clearly marked and usually on the 3rd or so platform.

Flyertalkers will grab seats at a table toward the back on the right side of the main hall (in which all of the beer booths are located) as you walk in.[/font]

Sunday 26 April

Zythos Bierfestival 12 pm - 8 pm

Print Wikipost

Belgian Beer Festival DO X in BRU, April 24-26, 2020 [Festival cancelled]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2020, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Michilander
Thanks for catching this. Kept checking their event page on facebook and never noticed a mention of the bus. Will add to wiki.
Was able to snag a ticket on the 6 PM bus. Wiki edit does not seem to be working correctly right now, so I will update it when I can.
polkacat likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Still not able to edit the wiki, but the beer lists are now available here: ZBF 2020 - Exposanten en Bieren
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Moderators,

Every time I have tried to edit the wiki on this thread in the last couple of days I end up with HTML instead of text. I created the wiki and have successfully edited it several times. I went to another thread today and tried to edit their wiki and that worked as it should, Can you take a look and see if you can fix it?

Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 4:23 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Moderators,

Every time I have tried to edit the wiki on this thread in the last couple of days I end up with HTML instead of text. I created the wiki and have successfully edited it several times. I went to another thread today and tried to edit their wiki and that worked as it should, Can you take a look and see if you can fix it?

Thanks.
I’ve had a look but am afraid I don’t know why the wikipost has turned into HTML. I have reported the problem to IB’s technical staff to take a look.

NewbieRunner
co-mod, CommunityBuzz
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Sorry can’t make it this time, have a family thing in NZ superseding. Cheers!
Old Mar 3, 2020, 7:55 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Moderators,

Thanks.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I’ve had a look but am afraid I don’t know why the wikipost has turned into HTML. I have reported the problem to IB’s technical staff to take a look.

NewbieRunner
co-mod, CommunityBuzz
I'm currently going through the Wikipost. It looks like there were just way too much formatting put into it. My initial guess is a difference in people using Full CKEditor and people using basic editor, but I don't know for sure.

I remember what this is. When you change text size/color of text, it stops appearing in the editor unless you go to "Source". I'm cleaning it up now.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Sorry can’t make it this time, have a family thing in NZ superseding. Cheers!
Really sorry you won't be able to make it, but NZ is an amazing visit, so, I don't blame you. Maybe next year.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBJoel
I'm currently going through the Wikipost. It looks like there were just way too much formatting put into it. My initial guess is a difference in people using Full CKEditor and people using basic editor, but I don't know for sure.

I remember what this is. When you change text size/color of text, it stops appearing in the editor unless you go to "Source". I'm cleaning it up now.
Edit is working again. Thanks a bunch for your help!
NewbieRunner and IBJoel like this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA
Was able to snag a ticket on the 6 PM bus. Wiki edit does not seem to be working correctly right now, so I will update it when I can.
KMA26, srletend and I are also on the 6 pm.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by polkacat
KMA26, srletend and I are also on the 6 pm.
Heh! Wonder if we can get a 'to go' from Drei Fonteinen?
polkacat likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: AA
Heh! Wonder if we can get a 'to go' from Drei Fonteinen?
All beers in Belgium are to go, with the proper equipment.
srletend and Michilander like this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:26 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; American Advantage; Marriott Rewards; Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by polkacat
All beers in Belgium are to go, with the proper equipment.
Ah, the voice of experience!
polkacat, srletend and Michilander like this.

Last edited by KMA26; Mar 5, 2020 at 5:27 am Reason: spell
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:53 am
Original Poster

All,

As you probably already have seen, some states are mandating 14 day isolation for ANYONE returning from overseas. If this is implemented in Illinois, Pennsylvania or Maryland, I will be cancelling my trip to ZBF/NoGT.

Safe travels, my friends.

Michilander
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:57 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
All,

As you probably already have seen, some states are mandating 14 day isolation for ANYONE returning from overseas. If this is implemented in Illinois, Pennsylvania or Maryland, I will be cancelling my trip to ZBF/NoGT.

Michilander
Slightly OT, but it's just plain silly, as in most places the risks are same or less than going anywhere on your home area.
polkacat likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:04 am

Yeah looks like I'm out of this one Work's not taking too kindly to anyone travelling right now and I'd like to still have a job

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.