Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Impromptu LEX DO Oct 3, 2020 weekend [was LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XVI April 10-12]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impromptu LEX DO Oct 3, 2020 weekend [was LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XVI April 10-12]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2020, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Governator
PA has shut the state liquor stores, so no hard stuff for awhile. Still can get beer/wine at the grocery stores.
Moonshine time!

David

p.s. or maybe that should be always and still...
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
This site seems to have been updated. Might be worth a look.

ky travel guide - HOME
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Zorak
My outbound flight is on the 8th, and my plan is to see how things look on the 7th...
Well, it's not quite the 7th yet, but as my outbound had a schedule change resulting in a misconnect, I took the full refund, and cancelled my return flight for an ETC. Hope to see you all in LEX in October (if not sooner somewhere else)!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Governator
PA has shut the state liquor stores, so no hard stuff for awhile. Still can get beer/wine at the grocery stores.
When did PA start allowing wine to be sold in grocery stores? And what happened to the beer distributors?

BTW, don't people from Philly still go to NJ to buy alcohol?
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When did PA start allowing wine to be sold in grocery stores? And what happened to the beer distributors?

BTW, don't people from Philly still go to NJ to buy alcohol?
Only when they're not going to Delaware!
Old Apr 1, 2020, 11:05 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by Herb687
Only when they're not going to Delaware!
or Maryland!

My grandparents, who lived in NE PA, had relatives north of Baltimore. Whenever they went down to visit, they would stock up on booze - but they would always go to the liquor store in their relative's car as PA state police were known to have informants looking for PA license plates...
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:40 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Trains can be very useful.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

THe governor of KY is discussing placing a 14-day quarantine on anyone going into KY.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 7:51 am

Self quarantine at home/hotel or does the state government plan to use the horse barns for this? I guess college dorms would be another rather bad alternative.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well, I guess it’s pretty clear that we won’t be having the LEX DO XVI on schedule.

Hope to see you in October. Probably will be some great airfares!
Long Train Runnin likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just got the unhappy news that Stella’s, where we always have Sunday brunch during the LEX DO, has closed and may never reopen.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Just got the unhappy news that Stella’s, where we always have Sunday brunch during the LEX DO, has closed and may never reopen.
Hope it isn't true. Those that had a vibrant take out/delivery business before may do better.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
toomanybooks and HPN-HRL

My flight to LHR was cancelled, so I would have been able to finally attend.

platbrownguy, would love to share that Pappy with you. If I recall, you were on BRT the year the bus broke down.

Dan
Old Apr 14, 2020, 5:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
For those of you who like to plan well ahead, the Oct 2020 LEX DO will very likely be Oct 9-11.
Unfortunately my HS just picked the same weekend for rescheduled Alumni Weekend (which was originally next weekend). I guess we'll see where my priorities are when the time comes
Old Apr 14, 2020, 6:02 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefined

Unfortunately my HS just picked the same weekend for rescheduled Alumni Weekend (which was originally next weekend). I guess we'll see where my priorities are when the time comes
I went to my high school reunion once. A total waste of time since I lost touch with all of them when I left town. You won't have fickle friends at the LEX DO. Hope you come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.