Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Impromptu LEX DO Oct 3, 2020 weekend [was LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XVI April 10-12]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impromptu LEX DO Oct 3, 2020 weekend [was LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XVI April 10-12]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'll see if my current itinerary survives the weekend and evaluate from there:

Delta slashing capacity 40% ("the largest capacity reduction in Delta's history)
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Herb687
I think we might all need to visit some Kentucky distilleries to stock up on white dog!
We in LEX use the term “white dawg.”
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:41 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Anyone inclined to just postpone until October?
Although I couldn't make the April Do, this may be a great time to figure out the dates for the October Do because some of the looser cancellation policies will be available if reservations are made within the next few weeks.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
For those of you who like to plan well ahead, the Oct 2020 LEX DO will very likely be Oct 9-11.

I have something the previous weekend and the following weekend is the Chicago Seminars. The next weekend after Keeneland closes Saturday.

This is not set in stone, but pretty likely.
Originally Posted by cocobird
Although I couldn't make the April Do, this may be a great time to figure out the dates for the October Do because some of the looser cancellation policies will be available if reservations are made within the next few weeks.
Based on toomanybooks previous post, it is probably Oct 9-11.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
Based on toomanybooks previous post, it is probably Oct 9-11.
Yes, 99%.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
FYI, I just got an email from Maker's Mark stating that they are cancelling all tours beginning tomorrow "until further notice".
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
I'm still looking forward to coming and hope it doesn't become the LEX Horse & Bourbon DON'T.
HPN-HRL likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by rxgeek
I'm still looking forward to coming and hope it doesn't become the LEX Horse & Bourbon DON'T.
Wouldn't that be the "LEX Horse & Bourbon Ain't"?

David
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cocobird
For those who are going to take Win up on his offer, you will want to have the reservations done before the Hyatt Regency category change in March. The new standard rate will be 12,000 points instead of 8,000 points. Also, the Hyatt may have even higher peak rates going into affect since it's during Keeneland racing.
Fwiw Hyatt has delayed the award chart change and peak/off peak until 2021.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:52 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Fwiw Hyatt has delayed the award chart change and peak/off peak until 2021.
Good news for getting 8k rooms at the HR for October and next April!

I'm no longer going to South Africa, so I would be able to come...except I'm not allowed to leave the local area until May 11th at the earliest. If I was going, I'd definitely be cautious about visiting tmb's parents in case one of us is an asymptomatic carrier.
ChrisFlyer66 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Good news for getting 8k rooms at the HR for October and next April!

I'm no longer going to South Africa, so I would be able to come...except I'm not allowed to leave the local area until May 11th at the earliest. If I was going, I'd definitely be cautious about visiting tmb's parents in case one of us is an asymptomatic carrier.
My parents are definitely disappointed not to be able to see everyone. It’s the twice-yearly highlight of their social calendar.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Spring meet canceled

Bad news. Keeneland outright canceled the meet today:
https://www.keeneland.com/media/news...afety-concerns

My parents are definitely disappointed not to be able to see everyone. It’s the twice-yearly highlight of their social calendar.
Though I'm not often able to make the Saturday potluck, talking to your parents at some of the other dinners during our DOs is always a highlight for me as well.

Last edited by Herb687; Mar 16, 2020 at 4:43 pm Reason: multi-quote
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Hope you all have a wonderful time. In the Bay Area, we are on lockdown for three weeks until April 7. Unless it's medical, food, gas and other essentials, if you are outside your home it's a misdemeanor with police enforcement.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
My flight to SDF is on the 8th so if everything lines up right...

Stay safe everyone!
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wish them all the best. They're good people, and also interesting/fun to talk with.
Zorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.