Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Impromptu LEX DO Oct 3, 2020 weekend [was LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XVI April 10-12]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impromptu LEX DO Oct 3, 2020 weekend [was LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XVI April 10-12]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2020, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I just called Keeneland to ask about the latest info.

Lady said that at this point they definitely plan to run races, but not known if spectators will be allowed. If so, the numbers will almost certainly be limited, and they will require advance-purchase tickets. No tickets day-of at the door.

I will try to keep abreast of developments and update. If you hear anything, please chime in.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Herb687
COVID has caused the Kentucky Bourbon Festival to move its traditional September dates to October this year. Now October 15-18 in Bardstown (trademarked Bourbon Capital of the World). No idea if the festival is worth attending or just a touristy sideshow but I'll throw it out there if we're still debating dates

https://www.kybourbonfestival.com/
Other than the date on the homepage, I don't see anything else about 2020 plans on the website. I guess it makes sense that they're still working out plans, but clicking any link goes to 2019 information. Tickets are not on sale either.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Before I forget, AA often has reduced Aawards to LEX and SDF.

Worth bearing in mind for the future.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...dmileageawards
mattp1987 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Bourbon/horse-themed hotel/restaurant trying to raise funds and open near LEX.

Assuming it’s true, I was surprised to hear there is only one hotel in Woodford County.

https://mainvest.com/b/rickhouse?fbc...78Qper9C1OBLGY
Old Aug 19, 2020, 5:57 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
If there's an Oct LEX DO , I now have even more reason to attend.....

After waiting 6.5 years, come October my Maker's Mark Ambassador barrel will be ready for bottling!

Hope to see everyone and enjoy good times and hopefully good bourbon!
Old Aug 19, 2020, 3:03 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Smile

Originally Posted by bk3day
If there's an Oct LEX DO , I now have even more reason to attend.....

After waiting 6.5 years, come October my Maker's Mark Ambassador barrel will be ready for bottling!

Hope to see everyone and enjoy good times and hopefully good bourbon!
Awesome! Drinks on you, of course.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Herb687
COVID has caused the Kentucky Bourbon Festival to move its traditional September dates to October this year. Now October 15-18 in Bardstown (trademarked Bourbon Capital of the World). No idea if the festival is worth attending or just a touristy sideshow but I'll throw it out there if we're still debating dates

https://www.kybourbonfestival.com/
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Other than the date on the homepage, I don't see anything else about 2020 plans on the website. I guess it makes sense that they're still working out plans, but clicking any link goes to 2019 information. Tickets are not on sale either.
Update: They've gone to a virtual event this year. Here is the current schedule. https://kybourbonfestival.com/events/ I can't tell if tickets are required or how much they cost.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

In LEX for my mom’s birthday. At my friend Bill’s bar having a taste of the apparent newest bourbon craze, Willet Pot Still

REALLY good.
mattp1987 likes this.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Aug 28, 2020 at 5:13 pm
Old Aug 28, 2020, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Hey Win, Thanks for sending! Looks like a total packaging play.. How do you like it?

Say hi to your folks and brother for me!
Old Aug 29, 2020, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Hey Win, Thanks for sending! Looks like a total packaging play.. How do you like it?

Say hi to your folks and brother for me!
I am not a bourbon expert, but seems pretty good to me.

Will send your regards.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Wish you guys were here.

Old Sep 9, 2020, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Was chatting with HPN-HRL. He wonders whether anyone has interest in going in October, even if many of the places we normally visit will be closed. Please weigh in with thoughts.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 9:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Was chatting with HPN-HRL. He wonders whether anyone has interest in going in October, even if many of the places we normally visit will be closed. Please weigh in with thoughts.
Maybe? If I did I would probably try to revive my fly-into-SDF plan and it would depend on what things were open there that I was looking at going to, etc. I might also be doing a BWI trip in October so would have to see if that meshes.

So I can't unfortunately say anything definitive but for now will keep my mind and calendar open
Old Sep 12, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Unfortunately, difficult family circumstances have intervened so I am unable to come to Lex in October and possibly not next April either.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I’d be tempted, but it’ll be another couple weeks before I can definitively say yes/no.

As long as Crank and Boom, and Ethereal are open, I’m down. There still appears to be wide open award space at the Hyatt which should clock in at 6k/nt for those of us that are Hyatt CC holders.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Sep 13, 2020 at 4:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.