Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL 2019 Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFFICIAL 2019 Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Box number two from Secret Santa...(no username provided)

include purchase instructions for a bourbon I've not heard of before, as well as Tommy Bahama bottle opener and a US Sock Collection... Tommy Bahama is one of my favorite brands so it's going directly to my bar for display. Also can't wait to rock the socks. Thank you.

FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:36 pm

Box no 3, from another secret santa (no username, just real name provided)

Thank you for the Daytona Cup, I'll take it to my office and use it daily for my espressos. I don't cook a lot but the next time I do, can't wait to use the bourbon salt&pepper. The keychain is going on my carry on.

Thank you.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:36 pm

One final note, this secret santa has been slacking and is aiming to get all his gifts shipped this week.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mdbe
Box number two from Secret Santa...(no username provided)

include purchase instructions for a bourbon I've not heard of before, as well as Tommy Bahama bottle opener and a US Sock Collection... Tommy Bahama is one of my favorite brands so it's going directly to my bar for display. Also can't wait to rock the socks. Thank you.

I'm jealous of the socks...
Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:48 pm

I came home from being in NYC for a few days and had a couple of boxes from one of my SS. A very nice book and a nicely mounted wall map of N. Carolina coast from 1862. Interesting how some things have changed in 150 years. I have a picture of my daughter and I searching for sea shells when she was like 5 years old on a Carolina beach that this map will go with. Thanks to my SS.

Redhead, FlyingCow and kauppias like this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Flying Club.
This is my first year on SS. I sent my parcel last Friday and got notification from the courier that it was delivered yesterday (4 days from UK to USA is pretty good).
Only issue is that the person that signed for it had a different name to who should have got it, so hopefully its just someone else at that address.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
As I was making the final touches on my Toronto shipment for Secret Santa, DHL knocked on my door with a gift directly from Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK!

I couldn’t have wished for a better Secret Santa! Thank you Jessica for this very special and generous gift!

The package included a print from a local artist, a photo book from Sheffield, a bottle of Henderson’s Relish (can’t wait to splash some on some chips!), a wonderful book from the Victoria and Albert Museum on Tom Walker exhibition and a Architecture LEGO of London!

Now I just want to take the next flight to London and discover the se rest of England! Now I just need to make sure my boyfriend don’t start the LEGO without me!

Last edited by monsieurcumulus; Dec 11, 2019 at 5:52 pm
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I received a package of nicely wrapped gifts from A. Timm (I think that's a real name). Contrary to my usual nature, and since I'm trying to teach delayed gratification to my 6yo, I put the wrapped presents under the tree. Will post once I open them! Thank you
Attached Images  
Old Dec 12, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
To my two Secret Santas whose gifts I've received, thank you!

SandraTravels, thank you for the books. I hope I have time to read them soon.

To my SS from UK, who I guess is npturner, thank you. You really put a lot of effort into your gift. If you sign up again next year, I won't mind if you pick me as your giftee

I'll try to post some pics of my gifts, but it might not bee till next week.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Flying Club.
Originally Posted by MrDplus

To my SS from UK, who I guess is npturner, thank you. You really put a lot of effort into your gift. If you sign up again next year, I won't mind if you pick me as your giftee

I'll try to post some pics of my gifts, but it might not bee till next week.
You're welcome, I tried to keep to your preferences and also put a British twist on it :-)
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
well this is intresting but either I just received a secret santa gift or I ordered double 😂

if a secret santa sent me a Zendure Super mini, Super port and a supercord then thank you VERY MUCH 😁😃

as luck would have it I also ordered the same items myself but I am very pleased with them so I will be able tp use these as well 👍

there was no note in the package nor anytjing to identify this as a secret santa gift so I am assuming it is I guess I will know soon enough 😃
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
well this is intresting but either I just received a secret santa gift or I ordered double 😂

if a secret santa sent me a Zendure Super mini, Super port and a supercord then thank you VERY MUCH 😁😃

as luck would have it I also ordered the same items myself but I am very pleased with them so I will be able tp use these as well 👍

there was no note in the package nor anytjing to identify this as a secret santa gift so I am assuming it is I guess I will know soon enough 😃
hi kauppias,

I have sent you two parcels , but only one managed to let me write a short note, so you may have already received one (from Scotland) without any reference. A long story short but blame the Royal Mail for wanting to charge £48 for shipping the original gifts I had bought and a bit of a panic to get replacements found and shipped in time. In any case neither of them are a duplicate of what you’d already ordered :-)

best
Berni
kauppias likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by dp1586
hi kauppias,

I have sent you two parcels , but only one managed to let me write a short note, so you may have already received one (from Scotland) without any reference. A long story short but blame the Royal Mail for wanting to charge £48 for shipping the original gifts I had bought and a bit of a panic to get replacements found and shipped in time. In any case neither of them are a duplicate of what you’d already ordered :-)

best
Berni

okay cant wait ,😁😃 I am posting one gift arrival next maybe that was yours?

Last edited by kauppias; Dec 13, 2019 at 5:55 am
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:55 am

so no sooner had I posted about package #1 when the courier brought me a package at my door that enticingly enough said PERFECT BREW on the side. I commented to him are you trying to get me drunk which confused him until I pointed to the side text &#1 28515;
the bottom was wet so I was worried that the context was compromised but
inside were 24 assorted brews for me to sample

what a home run this was as I never buy these myself but intead go with the bulk assortments I will test one today and then over christmas holiday I will be sure to enjoy them all.

thank you secret santa

wow just wow &#1 29392;&#1 28513;
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:38 am

That one isn’t from me but the secret Santa has great taste. Siren and Northern Monk are two of my favourite breweries :-) Enjoy!!
kauppias likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.