Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 17 Brisbane, Australia. USA Memorial Day Wknd May 22-24, 2020 [Postponed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 17 Brisbane, Australia. USA Memorial Day Wknd May 22-24, 2020 [Postponed]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:54 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Well, being on the OC (almost) guarantees that I'll be there (barring unforeseeen circumstances), as will Mrs QF WP and perhaps the mini-QF WP's.

Emails going out to the respective airlines, pilots and ATC people that I know in BNE, to see if I can get an early jump on firming them for the events/tours. As I mentioned at the Ozfest XVI dinner, there may be limited numbers on some of these tours, so the likelihood is that I will try an arrange multiple tour/events over the weekend. Nothing like a bit of logistics
JohnSydney2000, Plainsman and Eija like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Put me down as Gold for now. Been to my share of DOs but this will be first in OZ. Last time I was in Australia was in 1982 when the USS Midway made a port call in Perth. Things change much since then?
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
We have made a flexible booking at the Hilton.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:06 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Governator
Last time I was in Australia was in 1982 when the USS Midway made a port call in Perth. Things change much since then?
I was out in Perth in November. You can check out the photos HERE.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Please put down JohnK, Mrs JohnK, Miss JohnK as Platinum.

We'll be staying home. I'll almost certainly be flying OOL-SYD-BNE to attend. We'll try to get to a few more events.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Thanks. My squadron-mates and I did have the pleasure of being hosted by the Commodore of the East Freemantle Yacht Club who took us out to Rottnest Island to see the adorable little quokkas! And no surprise, he drank us under the table.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Having uncharacteristically missed the last couple of OzFests, we have an appetite for this one. Mark us down as highly probable.

My choice of activities for a weekend afternoon would be an AFL game. I am sure that if one is scheduled, QF WP or, especially, serfty can do a very good job of organizing a group so I will leave that to one of them.

Last edited by monitor; Jun 12, 2019 at 3:11 pm
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
As I am planning my first visit to Australia for April and May 2020, I will do my very best to take part. Please put me down as Gold for now, I have booked a room at the Hilton for Friday-Sunday, as a start. Looking forward to it .
Itsalongwaydown likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA G; TK E; HH D
Please add me as Gold, for now.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
BTW, post #2 talks about 2019, maybe this should be changed .
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Governator
Put me down as Gold for now. Been to my share of DOs but this will be first in OZ. Last time I was in Australia was in 1982 when the USS Midway made a port call in Perth. Things change much since then?
Please upgrade me to Platinum and add my plus one! Found United Polaris space to down under. Convinced my wife to join me with a post-DO trip to Bali for a week.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Austin787
I'm gold for now.
I booked a United Business award to Australia. I now upgrade to Platinum. ^

FYI, United has decent Business award space USA - Australia the week before the OzFest.
Governator and cocobird like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Austin787
I booked a United Business award to Australia. I now upgrade to Platinum. ^

FYI, United has decent Business award space USA - Australia the week before the OzFest.
Thanks for the heads up about United Business award space. While I generally boycott United, I was able to snag Air Canada Business to BNE using United miles transferred from Chase.
Governator and Oz Fest like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Well, I never know this existed. What is this Oz Fest about?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
Mr Fifa and I will definitely be Platinum for OzFest 17.
A mixup with dates saw us travelling with friends in the Kimberley this year but we won't be missing next year's event!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.