Sunday
brunch at Stella's 9AM
Old Friend's farm
Print Wikipost

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XV, October 3-6, 2019

Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by Herb687
Keeneland reserved seating just went on sale.

I'm happy to work on booking seats for our group if I can get a firm count. I will also see if there's any way to book a box through their Group Sales department but that's probably a longshot of Country House in the Derby proportions...

So, question for the group, if we do reserved seating at Keeneland, what specific day (days?) would everyone prefer?
I’m in too, either day. My flights are still tbd but I’m pretty sure at this point I’ll make it.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Not sure if I would go, but likely prefer Friday as I usually am setting up the party Saturday.

I presume Friday would also be less crowded there and more comfortable.

By the way, if an Avios redemption to/from LEX works for you, Amex MR just announced a 40% bonus on transfer. For LEX, AA flights to/from ORD, PHL, CLT, and DFW only.

Generally if AA flights are available at the Saver level, you can book it at BA.com. 7500 Avios for up to 650 miles in distance on a single flight, which all of these airports are. Best used if you do not change planes. LEX tends to be expensive on cash fares.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Aug 1, 2019 at 11:21 am
Old Aug 1, 2019, 1:06 pm

I actually can’t do Friday, if that ends up the preferred day. But in for either Saturday or Sunday.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Friday or Saturday would be fine for me.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Just checking on interest for dinner on Friday. Traditionally, rxgeek is the foodie organizer, but he's not coming. I just checked and see that Merrick Inn is available for 6 - 8 people on Friday, but not until 8pm. Heirloom has all times available except 7 pm. Can make a tentative reservation if there's interest. Any other suggestions welcome.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by cocobird
Just checking on interest for dinner on Friday. Traditionally, rxgeek is the foodie organizer, but he's not coming. I just checked and see that Merrick Inn is available for 6 - 8 people on Friday, but not until 8pm. Heirloom has all times available except 7 pm. Can make a tentative reservation if there's interest. Any other suggestions welcome.
Good idea, count me in for dinner Friday.

Also, count me in if you do a box on Saturday.

Last edited by Governator; Aug 4, 2019 at 3:07 pm
Old Aug 3, 2019, 6:55 am

Current plans are to be there early enough on Friday to join dinner, so please count me in.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I would attend Merrick as would my parents probably.

Heirloom is just too expensive for what you get IMO.

I enjoyed that dinner at the Castle. Not too expensive and memorable.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I am a solid "maybe" for anything Saturday evening also interested in any Sunday early afternoon activities (flying out of LEX at 16:52 although there's an SDC possibility for 18:11)
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Good thing I decided to make a reservation on the off chance that dinner was a go at Merrick Inn. They are now sold out until 9:45pm on Friday or 8:45 on Saturday. There were no reservations at the Castle yet. Apparently, they open it a month at a time and won't have reservations available until September 1st.

So I have reservations at 8:00pm on Friday Oct 4 for eight people. So far Governator, GrjApp, TooManyBooks plus his parents and I are going. There are two more seats available. Please let me know if you plan on joining us.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:21 pm

In case someone wants to make another reservation at Merrick Inn, they still have tables for smaller parties of two or four available between 6:30 and 8 pm on Friday. Since Open Table allows only someone to make one reservation for a particular time period, I cannot request another reservation.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Good thing I decided to make a reservation on the off chance that dinner was a go at Merrick Inn. They are now sold out until 9:45pm on Friday or 8:45 on Saturday. There were no reservations at the Castle yet. Apparently, they open it a month at a time and won't have reservations available until September 1st.

So I have reservations at 8:00pm on Friday Oct 4 for eight people. So far Governator, GrjApp, TooManyBooks plus his parents and I are going. There are two more seats available. Please let me know if you plan on joining us.
Me please.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'll join. Think mspeconomist and I round out the table.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

In case someone wants to make another reservation at Merrick Inn, they still have tables for smaller parties of two or four available between 6:30 and 8 pm on Friday. Since Open Table allows only someone to make one reservation for a particular time period, I cannot request another reservation.
Did you ask Merrick if one of the private rooms is available? I think one holds 14. Would not be surprised of course if they are taken.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks

Did you ask Merrick if one of the private rooms is available? I think one holds 14. Would not be surprised of course if they are taken.
I didn't know they had private rooms. So I called after I saw your post and talked to a lovely woman named Alex who gave me the following info and options:

If we have 12 people (required minimum), she can move us to 8:30 pm to the upstairs dining area away from main dining. I will need to let her know by Monday around 3 pm to do the change.

If we have more than 12, we might be able to get a private dining room; however, she says the private rooms are all blocked at this time and she won't know whether they can be released until next week when she can ask someone about it.

We have a reservation for 8 people at 8 pm right now. We need 4 more commitments and be agreeable to dine at 8:30 pm on Friday to have a reservation for 12.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you'd like to join us all for dinner. Thanks!

Last edited by cocobird; Aug 3, 2019 at 7:59 pm Reason: typo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.