Sunday
brunch at Stella's 9AM
Old Friend's farm
Print Wikipost

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XV, October 3-6, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: US, HH
I’d be in for the box on Saturday as a first preference. If that is not in the cards, I will do Friday, and see if I can take the afternoon off from work. I do not wish to do both days though.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
I'm in for trying to get the box. If we don't succeed tonight, then I'm also good for going on Friday. It will be a bit of a long day with dinner for that night. One suggestion is to bid an odd number. Most people like numbers ending in 0 or 5, so thinking outside the box often works for me.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
I'm in for the box.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Bidding War!

Late interest in that Keeneland box has really picked up. Current high bid with about 55 minutes until the online auction closes is $325.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Thanks for trying. It's tough to figure out the level of interest until the last hour in charity auctions. I lose more than I win, but surprisingly, it's sometimes a giant win.

Guess it's Friday for the races?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cocobird
Thanks for trying. It's tough to figure out the level of interest until the last hour in charity auctions. I lose more than I win, but surprisingly, it's sometimes a giant win.

Guess it's Friday for the races?
It's always a better strategy to hang back and bid at the last possible minute in these online auctions that show the bids....and many don't get active until the end.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Just to make sure: I should be in on the Merrick Inn Friday dinner reservation (no +1).

I assume I'll be going to most of the group activities over the weekend, including Sunday brunch. I'm not sure what other stuff is definitely scheduled yet.

I have a (points) reservation at the HR downtown for arrival Thursday and departure Sunday (4 pm checkout as a Glob). I assume I'll be flying into LEX on DL and renting a car, but I can't pick flights until I know whether I have work meetings on Thursday.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Old Aug 25, 2019, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

HPN-HRL​​​​​​​ has committed to the last Merrick Inn reservation spot. That’s the full 16.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:13 pm

We have a full house of 16 people for the private room at Merrick Inn. That is the maximum seating. I received confirmations from

Governator
GrjApp
toomanybooks + 6
MSPeconomist
krazykanuch
Herb687 +1
ChrisFlyer 66
HPN-HRL
cocobird

Please let me know if your plans change and you will not make it to dinner in case someone not on the list wants to come. Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:14 pm

I'll be in LEX on Thursday morning. Anyone coming in early and want to hang out?

Last edited by cocobird; Aug 25, 2019 at 4:36 pm Reason: duplicate
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Friday Reserved Seating

I ordered grandstand reserved seating for Friday. Based on the previous roll call, I ordered tickets for:
Herb687+4
Toomanybooks
Cocobird
ChrisFlyer66

My guest count may change so I'm guessing there may be one or two additional seats available for anyone else who wants to join us at the track Friday afternoon.

Tickets are $10 each and general admission is included in the ticket cost so I will figure out a meeting place to get you your tickets and collect your $10 once we all arrive in LEX.

If I go the Stubhub/scalper route, is anyone else interested in also going to the track Saturday? (big stakes day but sold out for booking direct)
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Herb687
I ordered grandstand reserved seating for Friday. Based on the previous roll call, I ordered tickets for:
Herb687+4
Toomanybooks
Cocobird
ChrisFlyer66

My guest count may change so I'm guessing there may be one or two additional seats available for anyone else who wants to join us at the track Friday afternoon.

Tickets are $10 each and general admission is included in the ticket cost so I will figure out a meeting place to get you your tickets and collect your $10 once we all arrive in LEX.

If I go the Stubhub/scalper route, is anyone else interested in also going to the track Saturday? (big stakes day but sold out for booking direct)
Thanks. I haven't planned anything at all yet, but I'll be around Saturday. I'm up for what the group is doing.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by Herb687
Herb687+4
Toomanybooks
Cocobird
ChrisFlyer66

I may take you up on one of the Friday tickets if available, I’m hoping to bail on work Friday afternoon. Otherwise I may be interested in the Saturday scalper option.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hyatt Regency still over $300, but only 8k points.

Cat 2, still perhaps a good use for a cat 4 cert. Transfer 1:1 Chase UR to Hyatt instantly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.