Dinner party
Sunday
brunch at Stella's 9AM
Old Friend's farm
Print Wikipost

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XV, October 3-6, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Planning to eat breakfast at the Hyatt around 9 then head to the horse farm in Shelbyville with a stop at Liquor Barn on the way. I currently have one extra breakfast voucher.
I'll go to the hyatt at 9 if the breakfast voucher is available. But let me know. I know i don't get first dibs
Old Oct 5, 2019, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
My parents won’t be coming for breakfast. I do not have anyone in need of a breakfast voucher, nor do I have an extra voucher. Thanks

Two of us at breakfast at Hyatt now.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Oct 5, 2019 at 6:20 am
Old Oct 5, 2019, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I will be running to Costco today if anyone wants me to check on any availability, especially bourbon.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: US, HH
FYI I rescheduled my Bulleit visit to 1pm, so they may release my noon spot for someone else.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A couple of us are at Icelandic horse event.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Oct 5, 2019 at 9:47 am
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Anyone know if Woodford is worth visiting even without a tour reservation? Can you do just a tasting? There’s one spot available at 1:15 in case anyone wants it. I can’t make it but thinking of stopping there later.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Anyone know if Woodford is worth visiting even without a tour reservation? Can you do just a tasting? There’s one spot available at 1:15 in case anyone wants it. I can’t make it but thinking of stopping there later.
Beautiful grounds. They have a sort of small museum you can walk through and a gift shop/cafe.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Starting to send FT PMs on location of party this afternoon. 4:30 on lake. Might be a bit breezy. Let me know if you do not get.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:07 am

Got 3pm reservation at Castle and Key. Will stop at Woodford beforehand, probably around 2 if anyone wants to join me.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

FT PMs sent about party. Let me know if you do not receive.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
FT PMs sent about party. Let me know if you do not receive.
Got it, and I plan to bring wine, as I said earlier. I just need to find a wine store between now and about 4:30. Hopefully I'll see one along the way today, maybe at a Trader Joe's or similar store.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:44 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Starting to send FT PMs on location of party this afternoon. 4:30 on lake. Might be a bit breezy. Let me know if you do not get.
I'm starting to make my way south, going to stop in at Boone County Distilling on the way. Should see you all at the party.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm starting to make my way south, going to stop in at Boone County Distilling on the way. Should see you all at the party.
Is that the closest distillery to CVG airport? If so, well done.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 3:10 pm

Reporting in from LEX.

Castle and Key was an interesting tour and really cool property. They won’t have bourbon until about 2022, but they’re hoping to release a rye next year. The basic 45 minute tour includes a sample of gin and two gin cocktails. I’m not a gin drinker normally, but they were tasty.

Spoke with a manager (I think) at Kentucky Ale House. He said they had switched computer systems which had knocked out their ability to run Priority Pass cards. They aren’t leaving the program and hope to be back up in a week or so.

Nice to meet or see again all of you. I’m #1 for 2 seats and #2 for 4 seats tonight, so I’m hoping the upgrades go through and I can drink Woodford in First since I’m missing the party.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Reporting in from LEX.

Castle and Key was an interesting tour and really cool property. They won’t have bourbon until about 2022, but they’re hoping to release a rye next year. The basic 45 minute tour includes a sample of gin and two gin cocktails. I’m not a gin drinker normally, but they were tasty.

Spoke with a manager (I think) at Kentucky Ale House. He said they had switched computer systems which had knocked out their ability to run Priority Pass cards. They aren’t leaving the program and hope to be back up in a week or so.

Nice to meet or see again all of you. I’m #1 for 2 seats and #2 for 4 seats tonight, so I’m hoping the upgrades go through and I can drink Woodford in First since I’m missing the party.
Thanks for the reports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.