Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

SIN Do 18 January 17-19, 2020 Singapore

Old May 2, 19, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott

This year will be the 18th SIN DO since it's start way back in 2003. When you turn 18 in Singapore, you're old enough to drink and smoke, so this is truly a special occasion to celebrate. Anyways, this will be a roaring good time and I'll be doing the organization once again.

Quick details are I'm aiming for an airline or aviation event on the morning of Friday January 17 and have put out messages for this.

Restaurants are going to be new for Saturday, Sunday evening, and Friday partying locations are TBD.

Post DO will be planned in Malaysia, details to follow within the next few days.

This should hopefully be enough details to figure out the SIN portion of the trip and getting there. I envision a seat in Y+ in the back of a United 789.

Last edited by bschaff1; May 7, 19 at 7:16 pm Reason: Wrong do number
Old May 2, 19, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Reserved for events.
Old May 2, 19, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Reserved for Attendees.
Old May 2, 19, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott/BW Plat; Hilton Dia; Radisson Gold; Hertz Prez (OK, some are +1's)
Originally Posted by bschaff1 View Post
I was thinking SIN Do 2020 was the 18th birthday of this DO, but it's only the 17th birthday. Anyways, this will be a roaring good time and I'll be doing the organization once again.

Quick details are I'm aiming for an airline or aviation event and have but out messages for this. Restaurants are going to be new for Saturday, Sunday evening, and Friday partying locations are TBD.

Post DO will be planned in Malaysia, details to follow within the next few days.
99% sure i will be back to SIN. After my first trip to BKK last year, I definitely want to go back there, too.
Old May 3, 19, 12:59 am
mjm
Original Member

I was thinking SIN Do 2020 was the 18th birthday of this DO, but it's only the 17th birthday. Anyways, this will be a roaring good time and I'll be doing the organization once again.

Quick details are I'm aiming for an airline or aviation event and have but out messages for this. Restaurants are going to be new for Saturday, Sunday evening, and Friday partying locations are TBD.

It is the 18th anniversary. I first announced in '02 and hosted the first one in January 2003. This is the 18th year of the event. I will likely show up for the 20th in 2022 but for the upcoming one I will unfortunately be away in the States.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old May 3, 19, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mjm View Post
It is the 18th anniversary. I first announced in '02 and hosted the first one in January 2003. This is the 18th year of the event. I will likely show up for the 20th in 2022 but for the upcoming one I will unfortunately be away in the States.
Thanks mjm,I will have to correct the thread title I had counted the age like a person and just subtracted instead of starting off at 1.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old May 3, 19, 3:01 am
mjm
Original Member

Thanks mjm,I will have to correct the thread title I had counted the age like a person and just subtracted instead of starting off at 1.
Ha-ha! You deserve that and any other human oversights for all the effort you have put into this. It is truly phenomenal. Many thanks every year. It would not be happening still were it not for you.
Old May 4, 19, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA Life PLT, Amex Cent, WN A, WN CP, UA Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Looking at trying to make it again this year. With the after do, what date should I book for return? KUL?
ChrisFlyer66 likes this.
Old May 4, 19, 8:27 pm

I'm in as platinum.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 5, 19, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
My AS points are getting up there so i grabbed outbound award for now arriving 00:30 Friday morning. The whole thing subject to change based on any mistake fares or work saying no, which I wont know for several months.
Old May 6, 19, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Iím in! Booked the SQ JFK-FRA biz class deal with stopover in SIN about 6 weeks ago.
Old May 13, 19, 8:52 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Listing early interest
kirkwoodj and margarita girl like this.
Old May 15, 19, 4:41 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Extremely strong possibility. (9.65 out of 10)
Old Jun 13, 19, 8:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott/BW Plat; Hilton Dia; Radisson Gold; Hertz Prez (OK, some are +1's)
Booked Flights

Flights are booked. Arriving January 17th in time for breakfast and departing on the 21st to BKK instead of Malaysia.
Old Jun 21, 19, 8:52 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, ICHPlat, MarriottR, SPG Gold
Yes - planning on being there! How better to spend January than scooting around SE Asia!

Hint for Malaysia? One of the Islands? KUL?

Would help in booking tickets.

Good to see you in DaNang, Brad.

This year will be the 18th SIN DO since it's start way back in 2003. When you turn 18 in Singapore, you're old enough to drink and smoke, so this is truly a special occasion to celebrate. Anyways, this will be a roaring good time and I'll be doing the organization once again.

Quick details are I'm aiming for an airline or aviation event on the morning of Friday January 17 and have put out messages for this.

Restaurants are going to be new for Saturday, Sunday evening, and Friday partying locations are TBD.

This should hopefully be enough details to figure out the SIN portion of the trip and getting there. I envision a seat in Y+ in the back of a United 789.
margarita girl likes this.

Search this Thread