Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

SIN Do 18 January 17-19, 2020 Singapore

SIN Do 18 January 17-19, 2020 Singapore

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 20, 20, 7:40 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Wiki Link
Main DO in Singapore (Agenda is tentative. Please follow the thread and check latest posts before heading to any venue)

Events:

Friday Drinks 8:00 PM
Location Drinks at Concorde Hotel, 100 Orchard Road. We'll have at least one drink there and probably move on.
I picked this place because it used to be the Le Meridien and was where drinks kicked off at prior to 2010 or so for the SIN DO

Friday Hawker Center
Newton, 10:00 PM

Saturday Lunch.
TBD

Saturday Dinner 8:00 PM
Kelly Jie Seafood Blk 211, #01 , Lor 8 Toa Payoh, 11/15, Singapore 310211


Sunday Lunch 1:00 PM
Muthu's Curry, Race Course Road

Sunday Dinner 7:30 PM
Rongji Seafood

Main DO Attendees:
iluv2fly (Marina Bay Sands) Arrive UA 29 Thursday Jan 16/Depart UA 2 Monday Jan 20
rxgeek Arrive NH 801 Friday morning, depart TG 402 Tuesday morning for BKK.
Plainsman (Conrad) Arrive Friday morning CX 659, depart Sunday midnight CX 714
ZFW-ATC
Bundy Bear (Conrad)
kirkwoodj (Conrad) Arrive Thursday morning UA1, depart Saturday evening QF2
IluvSQ ( Vagabond Club)
yosithezet
Whiskarina - (Grand Hyatt arriving 1/16 )
MikeW99
bschaff1
ixs (IC Robertson Quay)
violist (Conrad)
MiffSC
lili (Conrad)
Chrisflyer66(Conrad)
FlyerEC ( FS SQ983 Wednesday / Thursday )
AFAM-DFW
Yul36
Kiwi Flyer (Fri night & Sat am only & tbc).
tuapekastar
Synd (Andaz) Now until Sat am.
Zorak (prob just Friday drinks due to other commitments)
lowjhg (local) (Grand Hyatt 18/1)
keitherson (Hotel Jen)

Post DO(LangKawi)

Events:
Monday
Dinner (TBD), located in the Pentai Cenang area

Tuesday morning/afternoon 10.30
Meet at (TBD-but coffee place of some sort)
Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls aka Seven Wells
Cable car & Skybridge
If time allows - Oriental Village

Wednesday
Morning at your own leisure
Afternoon - Langkawi Wildlife Park & Bird Paradise & Eagle Sq.
Dinner & walkabout in the Pantai Tengah area

Post DO Attendees:

ZFW-ATC(Westin)
Sea777Guy(Westin)
Chrisflyer66(Aloft)
violist (Langkawi Yacht Club, 20+21 only)
lili
Print Wikipost

Old May 2, 19, 7:52 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ORD
Programs: UA MM, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Posts: 2,554
SIN Do 18 January 17-19, 2020 Singapore

This year will be the 18th SIN DO since it's start way back in 2003. When you turn 18 in Singapore, you're old enough to drink and smoke, so this is truly a special occasion to celebrate. Anyways, this will be a roaring good time and I'll be doing the organization once again.

Quick details are I'm aiming for an airline or aviation event on the morning of Friday January 17 and have put out messages for this.

Restaurants are going to be new for Saturday, Sunday evening, and Friday partying locations are TBD.

Post DO will be planned in Malaysia, details to follow within the next few days.

This should hopefully be enough details to figure out the SIN portion of the trip and getting there. I envision a seat in Y+ in the back of a United 789.
mjm, tuapekastar, penegal and 2 others like this.

Last edited by bschaff1; May 7, 19 at 7:16 pm Reason: Wrong do number
bschaff1 is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 7:53 pm
  #2  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ORD
Programs: UA MM, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Posts: 2,554
Friday Drinks 7:30 PM
Location TBD, close to the Concorde hotel on Orchard Road


Friday Hawker Center
Newton, 10:00 PM


Saturday Lunch
If someone wants to setup something, please let me know or post it.


Saturday Dinner 8:00 PM
Blk 211, #01 , Lor 8 Toa Payoh, 11/15, Singapore 310211


Sunday Lunch 1:00 PM
Muthu's Curry, Race Course Road



Sunday Dinner 7:30 PM
Rongji Seafood

Last edited by bschaff1; Jan 15, 20 at 6:40 pm
bschaff1 is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 7:54 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ORD
Programs: UA MM, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Posts: 2,554
Reserved for Attendees.
bschaff1 is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 10:41 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CMH
Programs: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott/BW Plat; Hilton Dia; Radisson Gold; Hertz Prez (OK, some are +1's)
Posts: 669
Originally Posted by bschaff1 View Post
I was thinking SIN Do 2020 was the 18th birthday of this DO, but it's only the 17th birthday. Anyways, this will be a roaring good time and I'll be doing the organization once again.

Quick details are I'm aiming for an airline or aviation event and have but out messages for this. Restaurants are going to be new for Saturday, Sunday evening, and Friday partying locations are TBD.

Post DO will be planned in Malaysia, details to follow within the next few days.
99% sure i will be back to SIN. After my first trip to BKK last year, I definitely want to go back there, too.
rxgeek is offline  
Old May 3, 19, 12:59 am
  #5  
mjm
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Tokyo, Japan (or Vienna whenever possible)
Posts: 5,419
Originally Posted by bschaff1 View Post
I was thinking SIN Do 2020 was the 18th birthday of this DO, but it's only the 17th birthday. Anyways, this will be a roaring good time and I'll be doing the organization once again.

Quick details are I'm aiming for an airline or aviation event and have but out messages for this. Restaurants are going to be new for Saturday, Sunday evening, and Friday partying locations are TBD.

Post DO will be planned in Malaysia, details to follow within the next few days.
It is the 18th anniversary. I first announced in '02 and hosted the first one in January 2003. This is the 18th year of the event. I will likely show up for the 20th in 2022 but for the upcoming one I will unfortunately be away in the States.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
mjm is offline  
Old May 3, 19, 2:52 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ORD
Programs: UA MM, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Posts: 2,554
Originally Posted by mjm View Post
It is the 18th anniversary. I first announced in '02 and hosted the first one in January 2003. This is the 18th year of the event. I will likely show up for the 20th in 2022 but for the upcoming one I will unfortunately be away in the States.
Thanks mjm,I will have to correct the thread title I had counted the age like a person and just subtracted instead of starting off at 1.
FlyerEC likes this.
bschaff1 is offline  
Old May 3, 19, 3:01 am
  #7  
mjm
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Tokyo, Japan (or Vienna whenever possible)
Posts: 5,419
Originally Posted by bschaff1 View Post
Thanks mjm,I will have to correct the thread title I had counted the age like a person and just subtracted instead of starting off at 1.
Ha-ha! You deserve that and any other human oversights for all the effort you have put into this. It is truly phenomenal. Many thanks every year. It would not be happening still were it not for you.
mjm is offline  
Old May 4, 19, 3:48 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,152
Looking at trying to make it again this year. With the after do, what date should I book for return? KUL?
ChrisFlyer66 likes this.
AFAM-DFW is offline  
Old May 4, 19, 8:27 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SIN
Posts: 721
I'm in as platinum.
kirkwoodj likes this.
lowjhg is offline  
Old May 5, 19, 9:10 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: BOS/ORH
Programs: AS MVPG
Posts: 18,067
My AS points are getting up there so i grabbed outbound award for now arriving 00:30 Friday morning. The whole thing subject to change based on any mistake fares or work saying no, which I wont know for several months.
SQ421 and rxgeek like this.
CDKing is offline  
Old May 6, 19, 4:20 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 12,978
I’m in! Booked the SQ JFK-FRA biz class deal with stopover in SIN about 6 weeks ago.

Edit: I decided to go straight to Thailand upon arrival in Asia. Won’t return to SIN until Jan 25, so will miss the do.

Last edited by margarita girl; Dec 21, 19 at 3:43 am
margarita girl is online now  
Old May 13, 19, 8:52 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Democratic People's Republic of Victoria
Programs: First Time Flyer
Posts: 815
Listing early interest
margarita girl and kirkwoodj like this.
penegal is offline  
Old May 15, 19, 4:41 pm
  #13  
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 17,531
Extremely strong possibility. (9.65 out of 10)
iluv2fly is offline  
Old Jun 13, 19, 8:11 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CMH
Programs: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott/BW Plat; Hilton Dia; Radisson Gold; Hertz Prez (OK, some are +1's)
Posts: 669
Booked Flights

Flights are booked. Arriving January 17th in time for breakfast and departing on the 21st to BKK instead of Malaysia.
rxgeek is offline  
Old Jun 21, 19, 8:52 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CAE,AGS
Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, ICHPlat, MarriottR, SPG Gold
Posts: 3,115
Yes - planning on being there! How better to spend January than scooting around SE Asia!

Hint for Malaysia? One of the Islands? KUL?

Would help in booking tickets.

Good to see you in DaNang, Brad.


Originally Posted by bschaff1 View Post
This year will be the 18th SIN DO since it's start way back in 2003. When you turn 18 in Singapore, you're old enough to drink and smoke, so this is truly a special occasion to celebrate. Anyways, this will be a roaring good time and I'll be doing the organization once again.

Quick details are I'm aiming for an airline or aviation event on the morning of Friday January 17 and have put out messages for this.

Restaurants are going to be new for Saturday, Sunday evening, and Friday partying locations are TBD.

Post DO will be planned in Malaysia, details to follow within the next few days.

This should hopefully be enough details to figure out the SIN portion of the trip and getting there. I envision a seat in Y+ in the back of a United 789.
margarita girl likes this.
miffSC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: