FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 15 (DTW) July 20-21, 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1961442-ann-arbor-art-fair-do-15-dtw-july-20-21-2019-a.html)

Bikeguy Mar 18, 2019 9:45 am

Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 15 (DTW) July 20-21, 2019

Start time Saturday is 12:30 at a location to be determined. Dinner to follow.

Start time for brunch Sunday at Webers is 930. Walking tour of Ann Arbor to follow.

There is a Facebook page, if you want to be notified of where people will be hanging out during the event.

Three speakers Saturday afternoon, a best tips contest, a nice dinner, then brunch Sunday and an Ann Arbor walking tour.

This DO started with bringing in a speaker or two to educate the attendees.

Have 3 speakers locked in that I'm really looking forward to hearing.

The first is K2O, who travels extensively and will be speaking about street art she has sought out and photographed. I find it interesting that sometimes when she gets to the location, the art has been painted over. Should be a really fun presentation.

The second speaker, BlakeFish, will be talking about expat living. He has lived for 2 years in Saudi Arabia and currently has been living about 2 years in China.

The third speaker, Bart, will be talking about educational opportunities overseas. He received an MBA in Germany. Really fascinating stuff.

Sunday's activity is a walking tour of Ann Arbor, after brunch at Webers. The walk was attended by about 10 people last year, and was made up of funky Ann Arbor stores (you will never see more diverse wrapping paper than on this tour) as well as a Hogwarts dining hall knockoff. A combination of old town Ann Arbor and U of Michigan buildings. I would encourage people to consider taking the walk and getting more time to meet other travelers.

Feel free to respond as committed or tentative, and let me know if you are bringing someone to the meeting or just to dinner or brunch. Or if you are just coming to the meeting or a meal or meals.

Got a question on the fee to attend. Costs nothing to attend the speakers session, unless I need to pay to rent a bigger room, and then it would be the cost of the room divided by the attendees.

Reply to this thread if you are interested.

Bikeguy Mar 18, 2019 9:45 am

Saved for last minute changes.

Bikeguy Mar 18, 2019 9:46 am

Attendees:

toomanybooks Mar 18, 2019 12:12 pm

Please put me down + 1. All activities except probably the post-brunch walking tour.

Looking forward to it!

bk3day Mar 18, 2019 12:17 pm

Sign me up, with a +1, please!

rubesl Mar 20, 2019 6:18 am

I'm in for the seminar and dinner.

BobBell Mar 20, 2019 10:36 am

Bikeguy:

I'll be there. Count me in.

Bob

MisterRobarto Mar 20, 2019 12:43 pm

That third speaker sounds really dull. Nevertheless the Mrs. & I will be there! :D

kjbrant Mar 21, 2019 9:04 am

Please add me +1

stravels Mar 22, 2019 10:53 pm

Trying to make this happen. Hotel is booked.

Mrp Alert Mar 26, 2019 6:41 am

toomanybooks, dboy, and I will be doing our annual carpool and brewery tour departing Chicago this year. Let us know if you want to join in.

Originally Posted by MisterRobarto (Post 30910010)
That third speaker sounds really dull. Nevertheless the Mrs. & I will be there! :D

For once you will be famous in your own right. Are you still going to wear the same uniform as the rest of the Dallas Delegation?

SkyBuck Mar 26, 2019 11:57 am

I'm in for the Saturday activities.

gpapadop Mar 26, 2019 4:02 pm

If I am in town...I am there :}

BThumme Mar 27, 2019 4:42 pm

me +1

shakim Mar 27, 2019 9:15 pm

Put me down for myself and most likely +1 maybe more (ill update later if that's the case)