Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 15 (DTW) July 20-21, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Don't make plans on Friday night starting at 7 pm. The tradition will continue. Will post more details later today or tomorrow. Or you can ask a regular DO attendant, they 'll tell you
I got sent to Thailand at the last minute for a work emergency (I'm living the dream), so I'm not going to be able to make it. But I certainly hope you and the other FT"ers have a great time - last year was a lot of fun.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
A reminder that about 6 of us are planning to go to take the Jiffy tour Friday at 1:30 pm. You know, the corn muffin mix people. Chelsea, MI.

They have plenty of slots the lady told me, but I wanted to give a heads on our number. Post a response to this if you want to go, unless you previously told me you are coming.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Friday evening starting at 7 pm.

Inviting you to my home again as I have been doing the past several years. You will be fed with the best pizza and chicken wings Ann Arbor has to offer. And my wife may even cook something this time she said. You bring any alcoholic beverages and by attending you agree not to sue me for whatever happens that may arise from drinking such beverages

I will post the address here and at the DO Facebook group sometime Friday morning. Or you can PM me as well.

If you ask past attendees you will learn that this is one of their favorite activities of the DO

Excited to see you all again!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Spend/points opportunities this weekend in Ann Arbor:

Kroger has 4x fuel points Fri/Sat/Sun.

And I saw a post that Staples has fee-free debit cards starting Sunday.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
Not going to make tour

Inviting you to my home again as I have been doing the past several years. You will be fed with the best pizza and chicken wings Ann Arbor has to offer. And my wife may even cook something this time she said. You bring any alcoholic beverages and by attending you agree not to sue me for whatever happens that may arise from drinking such beverages

I will post the address here and at the DO Facebook group sometime Friday morning. Or you can PM me as well.

If you ask past attendees you will learn that this is one of their favorite activities of the DO

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
A reminder that about 6 of us are planning to go to take the Jiffy tour Friday at 1:30 pm. You know, the corn muffin mix people. Chelsea, MI.

They have plenty of slots the lady told me, but I wanted to give a heads on our number. Post a response to this if you want to go, unless you previously told me you are coming.
i indicated 2 earlier but won’t make 1:30. Hope your drive is ok. Flight cancellations out of ORD causing havoc. Luckily I changed routing as my scheduled flight was cancelled.

See you folks friday evening.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver

Had me concerned for a while. Had a backup plan of La Pita in Dearborn.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:10 pm

Hope to make it
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:21 am

If I’m not too late, I’d like to join. I’m coming up from Toledo. This will be my first Do.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Party at George's house Friday at 7 pm:

Some housekeeping/logistics info:

-3 cars can park in my driveway parallel to each other. All other cars can park in the street. Uber/Lyft are recommended or sharing rides.

-If you are allergic to anything please let me know ASAP.

-Excuse the mess outside the house as we are in the middle of a major outside painting job.

-Be aware that Chalmers Road has a very short non paved portion (translation: beware of potholes).

-Be hungry, there should be plenty of food and non-alcoholic drinks. BYOB and always drink responsibly

-Going to be a hot day today. Hopefully no storms so we can hang out at my deck too.

You can PM me for my cell # if you need it.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
What's the name of the FB group?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:13 am

https://www.facebook.com/groups/629133127452752/

Thank you all for coming.

First time we lose power this year and it happened during my party! As of Sat 6 am we still have no power. DTE Energy projects we get power back at 3.30 pm today, we shall see.

I hope the power issue does not interfere with today's DO activities!

Was this the first DO activity ever powered with candles? So romantic!

Last edited by gpapadop; Jul 20, 2019 at 4:18 am
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/629133127452752/

Thank you all for coming.

First time we lose power this year and it happened during my party! As of Sat 6 am we still have no power. DTE Energy projects we get power back at 3.30 pm today, we shall see.

I hope the power issue does not interfere with today's DO activities!

Was this the first DO activity ever powered with candles? So romantic!
Info on what's out is available at

DTE Energy - Outage Map

We had an outage at our place recently and the estimate I received on the phone from them was off by more than 20 hours the right direction. They said it would be about 24 hours before we got power back, but 90 minutes later we were resetting clocks.

For those attending the do -- expect to see some traffic lights out of service today !!

Bob H
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
George, thanks for a fantastic dinner last night, the pizza and other food was great! You are a generous host.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:46 pm

Awesome weekend! Great work from @Bikeguy and thanks to George for hosting last night, it was a wonderful time

For all attendees. As discussed, the coupon code “ANNARBOR19” can be applied at https://notiflyr.com for a free trial month subscription as thanks for everyone’s amazing hospitality and general awesomeness.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: United Silver, American, Delta, Southwest
It was a great weeeknd!

It was informative and fun. Looking forward to next year. Great job guys!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.