Boston Boat DO...August 9-11, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston Boat DO...August 9-11, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:51 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
As of now either weekend works for me, I'm holding both open for now in anticipation of boating.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Efrem
Definitely interested, at least for the boat part and probably the Friday evening Sox game. (It's Baltimore on August 16th.) Being local, I may need to be in other places at some of the other times.
Turns out that CarlaJ is interested, so can you please make me +1, space permitting?

Thanks!!
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:28 pm

I am interested, don't mind meeting new/old FT'er for dinner/drink
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Count me and Mr Sallycat in as interested, if it’s the weekend of August 16th!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:18 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Well, some of you may know that I am in the process of buying my first boat. What a great way to hang out with other FT'ers but touring Boston and perhaps taking a boating day trip. Anyone game?
just wanted to chime in, this is a terrific, generous offer, nice !!!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
just wanted to chime in, this is a terrific, generous offer, nice !!!
Willie, thank you.

As a mod, can you change the title...from August? to August 9-11.

Date decision is made.

Thanks
Sweet Willie likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Okay, I've made a decision on the date, weekend of Aug 9th. Hopefully I am catching everyone with a response, apologies if I miss someone

Originally Posted by Sallycat
Count me and Mr Sallycat in as interested, if it’s the weekend of August 16th!
Sallycat, unfortunately I decided on the 9th. Please join us on the 9th if you can.

Originally Posted by dany2k3m
I am interested, don't mind meeting new/old FT'er for dinner/drink
You are officially added. Please send large bills to confirm you space!

Originally Posted by Efrem
Turns out that CarlaJ is interested, so can you please make me +1, space permitting? Thanks!!
Done, You owe Pumpkin 2 Milk Bones dog biscuits

Originally Posted by CMK10
As of now either weekend works for me, I'm holding both open for now in anticipation of boating.
CMK, your donation buys you a life jacket.

Originally Posted by Cloudship
I live an hour or so out of Boston as well, I would be interested in at least a few of these events. I am not sure I can commit to these dates yet, though, so I have to be a maybe. So if you have confirmed attendees they can take precedence.
Cloud, thanks for responding. I added you as 'questionable'. However, we actually have 8 already with a tentative yes, so please make a decision quickly.

Originally Posted by diburning
I can make any day as long as I know at least two weeks in advance which day it is so that I can request it off at work. I live in Boston so the touristy things don't really appeal to me, but if others want to do it, I'll tag along.
DI, consider this your 2 weeks notice. Please join us for the game and boat, and you can take Sunday to do your grocery shopping at Hannafords while we do touristy stuff.

Originally Posted by pfbloom
I would consider this - count me as interested.... don't know my August sched yet however. pfbloom
PF, you are added to maybe list,but be warned, already have a pretty full yes list.

Originally Posted by tkey75
Hey I suddenly might, a big capital M might, be able to do the weekend of the 9th. Please waitlist me. At 8 it's barely manageable, playing lots of people Tetris and everyone can sit, but is squeezed in. At 2, good and bad things happen when no one is looking
Tetris? I'm a Pong and Atari Raiders of the Lost Ark fan. But you are waitlisted for now.

Originally Posted by jrl767
sorry, Jen, this sounds like fun ... sadly the weekend of the 9th is definitely out for me, and the only way I can see making even a part of the weekend of the 16th work is if I need to go to RIC on Sun evening to help my son pack up for his cross-country move (which I'm hoping will actually occur earlier in the month)
Boo. But family comes first!

Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
I can make the 1st weekend (Aug 6-9) but not the second - please hold a spot for me (if you end up choosing the second weekend feel free to take me off the list).
Do is the first weekend, you are on the 'tentative yes' list. Donations to West Marine via my bank account will secure your spot.

Originally Posted by bk3day
Definitely interested!
Added to the tentative yes list....your donation will buy you Clam Chowdah at Fenway.

Originally Posted by CDKing
I'm an hour out of Boston and it will be nice to have more than just a dinner DO so i'm in either way
You are in. You get to deal with traffic. Nuff said.

I am definitely interested and both weekends work for me right now. Let me know when we have a confirmed weekend and I'll make my arrangements.
Consider this confirmed. Your donation will go to an SOS to Boat USA when I sink the boat and we need the Coast Guard to come rescue us.

All, also please know that I have a wicked sense of humor. All donations referred to above are for the $45 for the Red Sox tickets.

First come, first serve. Sign up now and reserve your spot on the Jenmobile (since I don't have a name yet for the boat)!
Sweet Willie likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Awesome! Depending on what kind of touristy stuff the group is doing, I might still join in.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
PM sent!
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Glad we have a set date. Please move me to confirmed and let me know how to get you the $45 for baseball tickets.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

HPN and CMK, you have mail.

Also, Pumpkin was scouting out landing sites today...he thinks this might be a good place to beach the boat if we want to go for a swim

Sweet Willie and tkey75 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:36 pm

All booked. Arriving Friday at 5:20 PM in time for the game. Currently scheduled to leave Sunday at 11 AM but if the SDC options are good I may stay longer for the Sunday activities.

Currently booked at the Ames Hotel which is a Curio Collection downtown.
CDKing likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:54 am
Original Poster

All booked. Arriving Friday at 5:20 PM in time for the game. Currently scheduled to leave Sunday at 11 AM but if the SDC options are good I may stay longer for the Sunday activities.

Currently booked at the Ames Hotel which is a Curio Collection downtown.
Thank you CMK, you are the first contestant on the Pumpkin is right! Let's hope the boat stays afloat
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Hotel now booked (Le Meridien Cambridge) for Fri-Sun; I may come up Thursday if I can find tolerable hotel pricing. Payment has been sent to our organizer. Now I just have to decide between taking SLAmTrak or driving...
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Ah, 20 Sidney st. That Le Meridien is pretty expensive, and the quality is just alright. I used to work nearby, until my employer closed that office.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.