Boston Boat DO...August 9-11, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston Boat DO...August 9-11, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold
Sorry for late response; I'm good for Friday and Saturday but likely not to do the tour on Sunday.

Navi_jen, do you want mobile #'s for last minute updates? I think the only thing I see missing right now
is the pre-game meeting place Friday?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Just catching up with all the posts....

I leave early Sunday so won't be able to join in on the tour. Apologies for the belated reply
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by shoeflyer
Sorry for late response; I'm good for Friday and Saturday but likely not to do the tour on Sunday.

Navi_jen, do you want mobile #'s for last minute updates? I think the only thing I see missing right now
is the pre-game meeting place Friday?
Shoeflyer, good idea.

1. Can everyone PM me their cell phone? I'll send out a group text once I get everyone's number.

2. Also, if anyone is not planning to meet us for pregame drinks, please let me know so that I can mail the tickets on Friday.

I'll figure out the meetup place this week.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:32 pm

PM sent.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 4:26 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
My schedule is always pretty uncertain until last-minute, so haven’t wanted to commit to anything up-thread and potentially take a spot from someone.

I was originally hoping to join the Sunday activities as they seemed more casual, but if I am in town, I’ll end up having another conflict.

Will follow this thread...could potentially join activities if folks want to grab lunch on Friday or maybe hit a local brewery in the afternoon before the pre-baseball meetup. Else, if folks head out for after-dinner shenanigans during the Do weekend, I could potentially meet-up.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 11:53 am
Original Poster

JY, you are welcome to join. If you PM me your cell, I'll add you to the list.

Also, I have an extra 2 tickets for Friday night, PM me if you want them ($45 each).

Finally, the boat decided to go on vacation early. The boat starts, the engine engages and the shifter moves. Unfortunately the boat does not. The boat was towed to the mechanics yesterday. Mechanic is looking at it tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's something simple and we get her back in time. Otherwise, we may have to move onto alternative plans:

1. Whalewatch tour from Boston (3 hours, around $60)
2. Boston Harbor Island Ferry tour (with a picnic on one of the islands). Cheap, approx $20 for the ferry.
3. Boston Harbor to Salem Ferry (9:30a departure, arrive in Salem around 10:30a. Lunch and museum-ing in Salem. Hop on the 4pm ferry back to Boston). Ferry is $45. Lunch and admission to museums (Peabody Essex, Phillips House, Witch Houses, House of 7 Gables) is your choice
4. Boston to Provincetown Fast Ferry: Depart 8:30a, 90 minute trip. Lunch/stroll in Ptown. Leave Ptown at 3p, back to Boston at 4:30. Ferry cost $100.

I would prefer 3 or 4. Honestly, I've never spent much time in Salem, it might be a cool trip. Phillips House is rumored to be an excellent small museum, and I've heard time and time again that the Peabody Essex (along with Boston's Isabella Gardner) is the best midsized museum in New England.

Open to suggestions and voting

Last edited by navi_jen; Aug 4, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:09 pm

I may have two friends that would be interested in the extra 2 Sox tickets. I'm waiting to hear back .

So sorry to learn your boat is feeling poorly! Hopefully, it will enjoy a speedy recovery l.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Finally, the boat decided to go on vacation early. The boat starts, the engine engages and the shifter moves. Unfortunately the boat does not. The boat was towed to the mechanics yesterday. Mechanic is looking at it tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's something simple and we get her back in time.
Crossing fingers that its something simple. We (brother in laws boat) broke down in Gloucester Harbor during the 4th of July fireworks celebration and had to be rescued by the coast guard. Turned out to be loose bolt and we were back out the next day.

As backup plan 2-4 work for me.
navi_jen likes this.

Last edited by CDKing; Aug 5, 2019 at 7:11 pm
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold
Hm, boat decided to IDB itself? Hope mechanics can figure it out and it's a low cost fix.

My vote for contingency plans is either 2 or 3, with preference for 3.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
My vote(s) for the contingency plan is 2, 3, and 4, in that order.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:27 am

Looks like my friends can't join us for the baseball game. So hopefully someone else can find takers for those Tix.

Still sending healing thoughts to your boat! ^
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. No word yet on the the diagnosis.

Still missing a few cell phone numbers. ET phone home please

Also, the private tour guide asked us to finish our signups, so PLEASE sign up for Sunday within the next 24 hours so he can release any held spots for others.

But if we have to have a plan B, I vote for Salem.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I probably prefer 2 or 3 but would be willing to do 1 or 4.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Also, the private tour guide asked us to finish our signups, so PLEASE sign up for Sunday within the next 24 hours so he can release any held spots for others.
I just booked, it says its down to 2 spots left.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Hi all.

Just heard from the mechanic. Boat is fixed and ready for pickup. Also, right now, the marine forecast for Saturday looks very good. Now, last weekend's scouting trip was cancelled due to the boat issues, so I am going to ask everyone to be flexible on where we end up. But, looking MUCH better for at least getting out on my boat.
bk3day, MSPeconomist and Zorak like this.

Last edited by navi_jen; Aug 7, 2019 at 2:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.