Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco dinner - FR 26MAR or SA 27MAR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2004, 12:40 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
San Francisco dinner - FR 26MAR or SA 27MAR

Is anyone interested in joining me for dinner in San Francisco at the end of this month?

I was planning on enjoying dinner at The Dining Room at The Ritz-Carlton one of the two nights. If someone is interested in dinner somewhere else, I'd be open to that as well (I can visit the Dining Room on the other night). I would also be open to dim sum on Sunday (late) morning.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 2:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Hello! Count me in for dinner-had a good time on the last SF meeting. Open for all possible types of food!
Happyu flying,tattikat2
Old Mar 5, 2004, 5:38 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
Count TravelKhatt and I in if you can do it on the 26th.

BTW Grand Hyatt is available on priceline for $55 that night.

Old Mar 5, 2004, 11:41 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by VPescado:
BTW Grand Hyatt is available on priceline for $55 that night.
</font>
Thanks for the heads up, but I'm already reserved at The Ritz-Carlton.

[This message has been edited by TransWorldOne (edited Mar 05, 2004).]
Old Mar 6, 2004, 10:31 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TransWorldOne:
Thanks for the heads up, but I'm already reserved at The Ritz-Carlton.</font>
No problem, but I was actually posting that for the benefit of suburban FT'ers who might want to have dinner and an overnight in the city (and rack up a cheap stay credit towards the 10K/15K promotions ).

Old Mar 6, 2004, 11:33 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Will be out of town that weekend... have fun !!! slyertalkers.
Old Mar 7, 2004, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
Sorry, but I cannot make it. I will be doing some LAX-LAS mileage runs that weekend.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I might be up for something that weekend.

A dinner at the Dining Room would be another sybaritic experience, comparable to our FlyerTalker dinner some months back at Masa's. It would be comparable in price as well:

The Dining Room menu

This menu shows a few options. The nine-course tasting menu, paired with six wines, runs $164 + 8.5% tax + tip, total would be ~ $210 per person.

There are less expensive options of three courses ($68++), four courses ($78++), and five courses ($89++) as well, though expensive wines could bring the total way up!

Anyhow, I need to figure out if I'm in the mood and ready to splurge, or just up for a more modest dinner that weekend.

Kathy
Old Mar 8, 2004, 8:14 am

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
I might up for something, too. What time is dinner? Could I join for coffee and dessert? A friend is peforming at the Old First Church Concert Series that evening.

BTW, tickets are very reasonable at $15. (Less for seniors and students.) I would love some company!

------------------
Just trying to keep up with the gals in the trailer park next door.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 12:50 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Your friend's performance looks interesting, GoodKarmaGuy.

As for time and day, I am open to suggestions. I thought I'd see if there was any interest and go from there.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 11:23 am

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Unfortunately it looks like I will have to work that night at my Ritz-Carlton. Rats. Would have been nice to get us 25% off dinner in the Dining Room, huh?

(edited to fix that darn url)

------------------

[This message has been edited by GoodKarmaGuy (edited Mar 15, 2004).]
Old Mar 14, 2004, 8:19 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have to admit that I have eaten in a RC main restaurant (in Boston) and while the service was great, I was not impressed with the food -- so while they have Masa's prices, as Kathy points out, does this dining room have Masa's quality?

Still, we might be up for dim sum on Sunday, especially since we just did Yank Sing today and, as usual, loved it. Pricey at about $35 each for a large lunch, but they had some new and interesting stuff.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardInSF:
I have to admit that I have eaten in a RC main restaurant (in Boston) and while the service was great, I was not impressed with the food -- so while they have Masa's prices, as Kathy points out, does this dining room have Masa's quality?
</font>
According to the Zagat ratings, they do. (The one in SF, at any rate.)

Kathy

Old Mar 14, 2004, 10:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Hi,

I might be up for that as well! I have yet to meet any other flyertalkers!

Synd

Edited to Add: Have you guys ever tried Milano? It's an amazingly good Italian Restaurant, really tiny room though!

[This message has been edited by synd (edited Mar 14, 2004).]
Old Mar 15, 2004, 1:39 am

Though you may think I am prejudiced ( ) the Dining Room at the Ritz in SF has, maybe, the best rep of any dining room in the company. It is one of only 2 (or 3?) 5-star restaurants actually in a 5-Star hotel in the USA.

Interesting sidebar: The (french) chef and his wife hop on their motorcycle and tool out to the HMBay Ritz once a month or so and have lunch. I have served them several times and they are the nicest, unassuming folks you could want to meet!

------------------

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.