Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2023, 6:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex, Visa
Hi everyone,
I figured i'd introduce myself here since i didnt see a specific introductions thread anywhere (apologies if i'm blind)
My name is Ben, I just signed up to Flyertalk after finding the community via an travel hack article that referenced cowtool, I've been playing around with travel rewards (mostly amex and aeroplan) for awhile but i really want to learn everything there is to know and start traveling as much as possible over the next few years so here i am! I look forward to taking in all the information i can and eventually becoming a contributing member of the community.

A bit about me:
I'm currently 27, I'm working as a network administrator in the greater Toronto area, I'm engaged and am looking forward to planning a wedding, destination bachelor/bachelorette party and a Honeymoon to Japan for 2025, while also hoping to somehow afford to travel as much as possible in between. so yea i feel this community is the perfect fit for me right about now. Thank you all so much for what i can only describe as an a massive treasure-trove of information. oh, and while i'm definitely not going to be much help for awhile when it comes to travel knowledge, if anyone needs assistance with tech i'm your guy lol

Cheers,

Ben
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:19 pm

Lightbulb Research Study

Hello Flyer Talk! Just wondering if you could please help me out... I am a grad student trying to gain additional insight (Planned behavior) into the Willingness of Airline Passengers to Pay More for Better Customer Service.

forms.gle/r2gGTncfqwEU1qQd6

Asking the Flyertalk Community to take a moment to complete this survey as a part of my research study. This should only take ~3 minutes of your time. Thank you in advance! Wes :-)

Last edited by wes.torres; Apr 5, 2023 at 6:25 pm
Old May 10, 2023, 8:37 am

Hi everyone, new member here.

Decided to register after I found out that I am going to be travelling much more in the future. In my previous life I was working 15 years on cargo ships all over the globe so I have few flight and sea miles under my butt. Now I have stood still for four years in my home country, Finland. At the end of the year I will heading to UAE for new job; it should be three year assignment. So probably plenty AUH-HEL and AUH-BKK action coming in the future (I have second home in Thailand)
Old Jun 7, 2023, 2:50 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Hi all,

Decided to join since I love flying and travel quite often (mostly intra Europe). Dutch lawyer here, living in the Netherlands so flying out of AMS whenever I go somewhere. Flying AF/KLM 99% of the time and having Platinum status with Flying Blue.

Hope to both learn from all your experiences and share some of my own.

Cheers!
Old Jun 11, 2023, 8:57 am

As my handle suggests, I am an avid baker, power lifter/bodybuilder, and traveler. In addition to my kitchen adventures at home, I’m seeking out the best pastries in my travels around the world and still getting in my workouts!
Sweet Willie likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 9:08 am

I just signed up and am looking for info on which rewards program will best suite me. I have been using Westjet but am considering switching to Aeroplan to give me more flexibility.
Sweet Willie likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 10:19 pm

Programs: AS 100k, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, National Executive, Hhonors Gold
Hi, All. Oh2Ak here introducing myself. I am a long time member - since 2007! - but have not posted. Obviously I love to travel since I am here. Obviously originally from Ohio and moved to Alaska. A friend once asked how my husband and I could afford to travel like we do. I asked her to look at her big house and our cabin in the woods explaining we simply have different priorities for how to spend the dollars we have earned. We would much rather give our kids experiences and memories than things. I have earned Alaska 100k two years in a row with no mileage runs and am going for a third. My husband said I was only in the game for the chocolate until I gifted him Gold. He now insists I keep it going! I have so much to learn from everyone here and am happy to be here. I look forward to getting more involved.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Long time lurker…

I swear I joined this group in the early 2000s under a different email addy and name! I’m a middle aged Canadian, trying my best to make this points game work. Looking forward to delving in and figuring out what all these acronyms mean.
Sweet Willie likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA, JetBlue, World of Hyatt, IHG, Hilton
Hi Everyone,
I'm on here because I find tips on new seat maps helpful, like for UA Premium Plus (PP). Plus I subscribed to threads to see what hot meals are being served on UA for Premium Plus and on JetBlue in Mint. I haven't yet flown in PP, though I will before the year is over by using 30k miles for an AM flight SFO-EWR. I have flown in Mint a few times. I try to only sit in the front when I can use miles/points. I proudly waited and got a seat in mint for 70k pts on a transcontinental from JFK to SFO coming up in a few months. I am the type of person who arrives early at an airport enough to get through security and buy a coffee while waiting for the boarding process to begin, however, not so early that I need a lounge. I never fly with connections unless there's no choice.

I am trying to save for a trip to Italy that I think I can manage to do in October of 2024 so I'll be checking out forums for travel by air within the country itself for any tips. I've never flown on Ryanair or Easyjet. I want to fly to Sardinia because I hope to get the best tastings of Vermentino while I'm in Italy.

I usually travel once a year to see friends in NYC. Originally, I am from the Boston area and am about to celebrate 31 years of living in the beautiful city of San Francisco.

I work for a university in the marketing dept. doing a bit of event coordination and writing. I previously held a quality assurance engineer position for Travelocity testing their vacation packages. My position was outsourced and then I decided that the business of higher education is much more stable. I handle website updates now and that's good enough tech-related work for me.

Looking forward to posting my travel experience on the forums.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 4:58 pm

Canadian based in Toronto, slowly trying to get into the points game, there seems to be endless information to digest but im here for it!
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Executive Blue LOL
Hi, I'm David originally from SW London who grew up right under the main flight path into LHR, so totally unsurprising that I developed a love of planes, despite the endless stream of BEA/BA Tridents!

Now a middle-aged finance manager with 4 grown up children, the wife and I at last have the opportunity to resume using our squirrelled away Avios/Airmiles from 25 years of shopping. I've visited many places in Europe usually for family holidays and often on BA both paid and using Airmiles and a few times to Egypt for package holidays, and twice to North America, once to Vancouver in 1991 and memorably New York in September 2003 returning home on BA002 (G-BOAG). My wife and I had a belated silver anniversary break to Venice earlier in the year and this site came up in a Google search for the likely menus we'd get in Club Europe, and I thought I'd like to share my experience, so here I am!
Old Oct 24, 2023, 7:35 am

It's always fascinating to get to know the diverse community here, and your curiosity about other members is entirely natural. People often choose their usernames for a variety of reasons, from personal interests to clever wordplay.

In a forum like this, there's a great opportunity to connect with people from all walks of life, and it's these unique perspectives that make the discussions so enriching. As for the regular profile updates, it's a way for members to reflect their current interests or experiences.

Just like your own profile, which may seem strange but is all true, everyone here brings their own story and interests, making this community a dynamic and interesting place to engage in discussions and learn from one another. It's part of what makes this forum so enjoyable! 😊🌍🧩
SPN Lifer and MlleAddams like this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 4:27 pm

Hi all, MM_someday introducing myself. 26 y/o, fresh PhD and engineer-startup owner from Chicago relocating to Phoenix next year with the fiancee, and massive fan of all things optimization and travel. As you can tell by the username, wannabe million miler/lifetime gold on United, and regularly fly to ORD for personal and business travel. New to Flyertalk, lurked around for a few months before deciding to join, and absolutely jealous of some of y'alls eye for deals.

Currently on a AAhotel booking spree to spoil my S/O every other weekend, but the secret is I figured it would cost me less to book award travel for our parents' with the miles than buy biz fares outright, at least until the next devaluation. On a little side project with optimizing credit cards around our lifestyle to save for our honeymoon
Old Dec 18, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: student
I'm new here..i want to go Canada but idk how to process all papers

hi I'm leximanzel.. from Usa new Jersey.. I'm new . my dream is traveling..so i want to go to Canada..any one help me for that? text me sc
leximenzel
Old Dec 27, 2023, 7:19 pm

Hello, I'm Jason. I'm 36 years old and live in the Chicago area. I went on my first solo international trip this past summer, going to England for 2.5 weeks! Currently single, car-free, debt-free (mortgage is paid off), and have no children.

I was talking to a relative in July, and she introduced me to the world of points by mentioning the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I realized that I was missing out on a lot of value by paying for my travel with my cash back cards, so I have been on an application spree. I don't mind economy for domestic trips, but like to fly in first/business class for long-haul (7+ hour) trips where I intend to sleep on the plane. Currently have the Chase Freedom Unlimited, Capital One Venture X, and Chase Sapphire Reserve, and have hit the SUBs on all of the cards. Next up is applying for the IHG Premier (Chase 4/25) in late January 2024, which I will use to book hotels for my trips!

I have officially caught the travel bug, and am looking forward to my solo trips in the US Southeast (May 2024, 2 weeks, Atlanta/New Orleans/Memphis) and the Netherlands (June-July 2024, 2.5 weeks)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.