Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xoomer
I'm one of those "long-time listener, first-time caller" folks. I think I've been lurking on FlyerTalk for at least five years, but have finally got around to making a login. FT has been extremely helpful to me in the past, and while I can hardly claim to travel anywhere near as much as most of the members here, I get in a few miles here and there, and it'll be nice to actually talk to you all rather than nod and agree in the privacy of my own room
Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Xoomer likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Calchas
Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Thank you! I'm sure I'll get posting in no time
Old Mar 26, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: ALL Gold | Hilton Honors | IbPlus
A little introduction to myself

Hi there, flyers!

I have been reading this forum for a couple of months, and I decided it was about time to sign up and say hi. I'm Jose Manuel, I come from the calm vineyards of the Spanish countryside (Toledo, to be more specific ) and I'm a recently graduated Telecommunications Engineer. It would be pretty easy to describe my hobbies, but we all share one: travelling. As you would guess, I'm pretty new to this world, as a couple of months ago I had nothing to do with this crazy world of points, miles, status and so on, but it could not be otherwise considering my passion for travelling. Although it is very hard to balance that with the fact that I get really scared on a plane very easily: just as a little curiosity, I experienced a really bad episode of turbulences last year while travelling from Madrid to Brussels. Right before that situation I was watching an episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, so now I cannot watch anything related to that without remembering those bad minutes. Side effects!

This forum has provided me all the help and more I needed when I look for future plans, hotels and cities to visit, but the COVID-19 has got in our way. I truly hope this is just temporal and we can go back to our passion as soon as possible. And regarding my next places to visit, hopefully I'll be visiting the SO/ Vienna, SO/ Berlin and the Sofitel Le Faubourg between this year and 2021 to enjoy my ALL Gold status (and yes, I know what you think about these guys!), so I'll be glad to give you a nice review of these hotels (particularly the first two ones, as there are no reviews as far as I know).

See you very soon, and stay safe!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:31 am

I’ve been a member for ten years I kid you not lol I was just looking at my bio and fixing it a bit and I saw 2010 I’m like wow lol. I do answer from time to time like every other month only because I forget to respond to the emails. I read all of the flyer talk emails. I just responded to a forum today. Since I have to be home until may ( maybe June) I hope to up here more and doing more hotel reviews since I have a list. I had to push up all my vacations due to the virus. I hope everyone is doing well!!
pudgym29 and IBMeg like this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 12:58 pm

Talking Hi! I just joined this incredible place! Looking to make some friends too!

Hi! I just learned about all this credit stuff and how it can be used to get free nights at hotels or even free travel! Who would have known?!

Im very new to this in fact I just got my first card - a Discover It Secured- and I cant wait to get my hands on those higher tier cards!

Anyway, enough about me, what about you? How long have you been at the credit game and how have you taken it for your advantage? Also, Ifyou want to connect just hit me up!

Last edited by MichaelBuford; Jun 17, 2020 at 8:13 pm
Old Jun 29, 2020, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
It only took me 18 years...

Well, Maybe it's time to dust this off... My current job really ramped up my travel. Then of course, March happened. I made Premier Gold (for the first time, I've made silver a couple times prior) on March 7th, then all travel at work was cancelled until starting up in June. Now I'm 1K for the first time.
A long time ago, from 2000-2002, I worked in United's Detroit reservations office, starting on the Domestic 1K desk before climbing to International 1K and (what was then) Executive Services.
Then things happened in late 2002. I won't bore you with the details, suffice to say I look back on that time with some humor about what happened and where we are today.

18 years, Military service, and some time in the civilian world later, a 1K agent has finally made the transition to 1K member. The irony is not lost on me.

I still have many friends at United and have always made a point to be as courteous as possible to customer service agents... after all, I've literally been there.

No I look forward to participating in the community again and still help where I can... but after 18 years I'm going to have my own questions for the more seasoned FT's out here.
dhammer53, SPN Lifer and not2017 like this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by DTW1KR
Well, Maybe it's time to dust this off... My current job really ramped up my travel. Then of course, March happened. I made Premier Gold (for the first time, I've made silver a couple times prior) on March 7th, then all travel at work was cancelled until starting up in June. Now I'm 1K for the first time.
A long time ago, from 2000-2002, I worked in United's Detroit reservations office, starting on the Domestic 1K desk before climbing to International 1K and (what was then) Executive Services.
Then things happened in late 2002. I won't bore you with the details, suffice to say I look back on that time with some humor about what happened and where we are today.

18 years, Military service, and some time in the civilian world later, a 1K agent has finally made the transition to 1K member. The irony is not lost on me.

I still have many friends at United and have always made a point to be as courteous as possible to customer service agents... after all, I've literally been there.

No I look forward to participating in the community again and still help where I can... but after 18 years I'm going to have my own questions for the more seasoned FT's out here.
Welcome to this side of 1K!

David
DTW1KR likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
Welcome to this side of 1K!

David
Thanks! I'm looking forward to many more travels ahead!
Old Jul 27, 2020, 12:54 pm

Hi! I am a relative newbie to FlyerTalk. Most of my travel to date has been domestic (U.S.) save for a string of Central American travel around 2000-2001. As much as I love a good road trip, especially throughout the Southeastern United States, I am looking forward to exploring elsewhere - with NYC and Greece high on my list for when the global pandemic hysteria dies down.
Thanks for all the info here - the trip reports are of special interest to me!
Old Aug 4, 2020, 11:13 am

Long time lurker here but finally posting. Texas resident, travel mostly local with my growing family. I typically look for deals with credit card points, but I'm not as hardcore as others on this forum. Long time military.
Cardshark959 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 9:42 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Can't believe I've never done this!

I’m squeakr, And I've been on Flyertalk since January 2001 and a moderator for what seems like almost that long. I first joined flyertalk because believe it or not I was terrified of flying, and another member suggested I would find a lot of tips for how to confront my fear on the board. Little did I know it would take me into this wonderful world of miles and points!
I live in the Bay Area, teach at a local University and in my copious free time I write and perform place. Some members have actually seen my work which I really appreciate. Glad to be part of this wonderful community!
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
FT staff, moderators, fellow members, greetings from just north of the Golden Gate. This is my post #1K , after ~5 years. It has long been my good fortune enjoying nonstops between any two of SFO, ORD and CPH, along with exciting discoveries of the less familiar. Thank you for all the knowledge and warmth you have shared!
Old Oct 12, 2020, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vanillabean
FT staff, moderators, fellow members, greetings from just north of the Golden Gate. This is my post #1K , after ~5 years. It has long been my good fortune enjoying nonstops between any two of SFO, ORD and CPH, along with exciting discoveries of the less familiar. Thank you for all the knowledge and warmth you have shared!
Congratulations
Link---> 1000 post club!
vanillabean likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 12:28 am

Just a regular lurker here, who doesn't post much.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 12:00 pm

Long time lurker, 2nd time poster. I am a 31 year old female from (and based in) Charleston, SC. I work as a travel manager for a small organization. While I do not hold any status myself currently, I handle the travel needs of several people who do. I first joined FT a few years ago while trying to gain insight into better assisting those I work for. Needless to say, everything here has been extremely helpful thus far, and I have come across valuable information which I may not even thought to research otherwise.

Regarding myself, I love to travel and make a point to see at least one new place each year. I have been lucky enough to have been able to do that since 2010. Some international (6 other countries to date), mostly stateside. In normal pre-covid times, I travelled for work a handful of times per year, which I LOVE. The only drawback is leaving my weimaraner at home, so I take him on road trips whenever it makes sense.

I hope to continue to be able to learn from you all and grow my knowledge both personally and professionally.
Cardshark959 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.