Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

The FlyerTalk Business Exchange Forum

The FlyerTalk Business Exchange Forum

Old Apr 28, 2003, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Industry analysts are a key influence on IT vendor selection decisions, especially when the vendor does not have a huge installed base to provide sole-source add-on purchases.

Most vendors do not understand their influence and do not know how to use this infrastructure effectively. Sadly, the same is true of most (not all) PR agencies, who often do more harm than good by treating analysts like a variation on the press.

My company, Kensington Group Inc., specializes in helping vendors work with this key public. We offer several regular reports, services and database products, as well as custom situation analysis and consulting.

We can be found on the Web at http://www.kensingtongroup.com, or my e-mail link works. (As you might suspect from a posting here, I'll fly anywhere for an initial discussion.)
Old Apr 28, 2003, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, I'll bite...

I own a cellular messaging and content distribution service, in short, we gather content and redistribute it on cellphones and PDA's using SMS, WAP, I-Mode, Voice and a variety of other boring technologies. We work with third party content but also gather our own content though a call-center. One service for example alerts drivers of speedtraps on Dutch highways. We send out several million messages a month. The company runs best without me so I stopped interfering with it last year and currently sit around all day doing nothing, considering I was born lazy this suits just fine. I've never had a "real" job and started my company officially the day I turned 18 even though I was in business since I was 13. On the side I also have a webhosting firm that specializes in value added hosting, we do everything from chat hosting through billing solutions to bulletin boards (mainly for the sports and music industry). This too is something I leave for others to run for me.
Old Apr 28, 2003, 12:50 pm
E

Happy to join in this thread...

I am the president of a newly formed TRUCK BROKERAGE business operating out of Dubuque, Iowa. We are called Tri-State Logistics, Inc. www.tri-statelogistics.com and are a full-service, one-stop transportation solution company.

We specialize in the movement of refrigerated trailers, but are qualified to move goods via just about any mode of transportation you can think of...over-the-road truck (dry, reefer, flatbed, etc.), rail, air, ocean. We are a fully licensed and bonded brokerage and would be happy to help in any way possible.

I also have an independent consulting practice specializing in supply chain logistics, transportation and engineering support. That company is called e*Fleisher Consulting Services www.efleisher.com and is also operated out of Dubuque, Iowa.

[This message has been edited by E (edited 04-28-2003).]
Old Apr 28, 2003, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Attorney with own practice since 1990, with practice limited exclusively to personal and small business bankruptcy (debtors and creditors) in Northern California.
Old Apr 28, 2003, 2:09 pm

Location: Orange County (SNA) CA, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold
great idea, I already see a couple of people I may need to contact!

As for me, I'm the CEO of a physician practice management company. We do everything from providing turnkey management and/or billing/collections to some to physician recruitment or practice consulting/strategic planning to others. We specialize in working with physical medicine physicians (MD's & DO's) and work in 35 states currently. Web site is at: www.pmandr.com

PS We are always interested seasoned individuals who have worked directly with physician groups - especially those with a sales/marketing/consulting background
Old Apr 28, 2003, 7:46 pm

Hong Kong based buying office for custom made gifts and premiums. We develop the whole thing, evaluate the supplier, take care of samples, make sure will deliver on time, make sure no child labour, our QAs sleep in the factory during production, untill the inspection by ITS/SGS and shipment.

Can also source for products in Brazil: wood, wine, fruits, coffee, meat, leather goods, ...
Old Apr 28, 2003, 10:15 pm

Sales and marketing director for small contracting company. Supply and install commercial and upscale residential metal roof systems in the NW.

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited Dec 28, 2003).]
Old Apr 29, 2003, 12:43 am

Programs: Air France FP. A rave ato'a ia'u te manureva. Haere maru!
(career change. deleted previous text and information.)

Last edited by Axi22; Oct 31, 2004 at 1:49 am Reason: career change
Old Apr 29, 2003, 4:53 am

Programs: WN Companion Pass, former HP Gold and AA Gold
We create virtual sets. Our clients range from television networks and film studios around the world, to (likely most useful here) corporate broadcasts. Our stuff has been seen on every continent (except maybe Antarctica).

Instead of designing and building sets will boards, metal, and paint, we "build" them digitally. We can make a person in Los Angeles appear to be sitting with and chatting with a person in New York. One of our most recent projects had a bunch of big marketing execs on a San Francisco news-style set for a product launch. We were using a studio in Toronto.

In another project, the CEO appeared to be walking through and talking about the company's new training center...that had yet to break ground.

We have a system that can be shipped anywhere. I can be shipped anywhere, too. I enjoy accumulating the miles! :-)

http://www.virtualsets.com
Old Apr 29, 2003, 9:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
I own a cellular messaging and content distribution service, in short, we gather content and redistribute it on cellphones and PDA's</font>
Now I begin to understand these strange spam messages I get all the time on my mobile phone...

[Edited for html]

[This message has been edited by Toxa (edited 04-29-2003).]
Old Apr 29, 2003, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm an independent marketing & public relations consultant - business is primarily in the broadcast, entertainment (visual effects, not actors), streaming, photographic, & print markets, but I can do others as well - primarily business to business - not consumer.

I even know what Tim in Hollywood does because one of my former clients was a virtual set company, and I too was at the recent NAB show!

I have both US & international-based clients, and also travel both domestic & int'l. I'm LA-based but used to working w/ time zones around the world.

Background includes product marketing, marketing management, marcom, direct sales, & sales support, so I'm not a typical pr agency. I get the bigger picture because I've had a strong background in multiple disciplines, hence marketing myself as a consultant rather than an agency.

I also speak professionally on marketing, public relations, sales & technology topics.

------------------
Sharon
Old Apr 29, 2003, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA 3MM
Now I know commercial threads are frowned upon generally, but I hope nobody moderates this one out of existence, as FlyerTalk is a true virtual community...I guess anybody with more than 100 posts should be entitled to contribute to this thread

So..I work for a trading group that (among other things) owns and operates The Reef . We are a top beach resort in the Cayman Islands and offer special deals for FlyerTalkers (no, seriously, we do, just email me )

In the spirit of networking, anything you want to know about doing business in Cayman, drop me a line, I'm a pretty good source of info and an unoffical ambassador for this, my adopted home.

Also, I am a founder member of GlobalScot, a government sponsored network of Scots businesspeople around the world with a interest in companies doing business in Scotland or with Scottish companies.

I don't travel as much as I used to (as an ex airline exec, it does wear thin after a while), as in the travel industry so much marketing is now done online...the progress made in that area is remarkable.

Mind you, I am taking my one and only Concorde flight this summer, and that has rekindled my interest in flight ...oh, and yes, I will wear my kilt on the flight (easier to wear it than stuff in a rollaboard)

[This message has been edited by TomCayman (edited 04-30-2003).]
Old Apr 29, 2003, 1:40 pm

Programs: Everything and everywhere. Officially a nomad
I find money for non-profit organizations and develop public/private partnerships working with all levels of government in the U.S. and Europe. I also do campaign fundraising for candidates at the state and national level. My staff consists of my golden retriever (I'm training in a new staff member as we speak), and those experts I need to retain for specific projects.

When I started my business 5 years ago, my guiding principals were 1) I won't have any employees (been there) and 2) I won't work for people I don't like.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To make my money, I am an affiliate of Amazon.com.

Please, if you could change your amazon.com bookmark to:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../mjacobsnet-20
I would be grateful! This is a seemless and easy way for you to help a member of the FlyerTalk Community. Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2003, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Merchant Card Services - Credit Card & Check Payment Processing

We offer merchant card services. We use the #1 (First Data Merchant Services - FDMS) and #3 ( Nova Information Systems ) processors in the U.S. to handle all of the transactions for our clients. Basically we setup businesses/entities from the very small (home based with volume of $500/month) to the very large (County Government doing $1.1 Billion/year) and everything in the middle to accept and process credit card, checks and forms of electronic payment transactions.

We specialize in non-traditional forms of payment acceptance such as: wireless processing via cellular lines, call center and customer service center PC-based processing and refillable gift cards such as the program used by Starbucks.

If you mention that you are a fellow FT member, I'll make sure you get special pricing

Contact me at [email protected] for additional information.

Last edited by TravelManKen; Nov 1, 2004 at 1:33 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.