Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jinglish
other plans will be added to the wiki as they firm up

Saturday March 23
Boeing Factory Tour at 10:30am:
(buy your own ticket and meet us there, or coordinate carpooling in the thread)
Zorak (Sheraton Grand)
Zorak +1 (BLI)
CMK10 (airport Hilton)
BenA (local)
jrl767 (local)
DELee +1 (likely HGI Everett)

Afternoon option A:

lunch at Anthony’s Beach Cafe, Edmonds Marina ~1pm
jrl767
Mrs767
DELee +1
CMK10

Scratch Distillery tour and tasting ~230pm
jrl767
Mrs767
DELee +1 (daughter is 21 y/o)
CMK10

Afternoon option B:

lunch at Diamond Knot Alehouse, 621 Front Street, Mukilteo, WA 98275
Zorak +1
BenA

Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Musem
Zorak +1
BenA

Saturday dinner:

7pm Toulouse Petit (Lower Queen Anne) - (unfortunately the linked menu is from Nov 2017, but the current version is probably reasonably similar)
Confirmed/Extremely likely:
Zorak +1
jinglish
nomadic.relief
CMK10
steveman518
jrl767 +1
BenA
DELee +1
[signups are now [b]CLOSED -- the restaurant needed an accurate advance headcount for a group this size -- if you are interested in joining please send a PM to Zorak and we'll see if they can add more people]

Sunday March 24
breakfast/brunch at 1115am
13 Coins, 255 S King St (Pioneer Square, adjacent to King Street Station)
jrl767+1
Zorak
DELee +1
nomadic.relief maybe
jinglish

Museum of Flight group tour info ... suggested time perhaps 1200-1400

Resource thread: Northwest forum: GUIDE to touring Boeing plant, Flight museums in the Seattle area. Post #2 covers the Boeing factory tour and vicinity.
Print Wikipost

Boeing Factory Tour/PAE/SEA mini-DO March 22-24, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I made a placeholder OpenTable res for 6 pax at Toulouse Petit for 7pm on Saturday, and emailed them per their website to say it might be a slightly larger group of everyone who expressed interest, shows up.

EDIT: they went ahead and bumped it to 10 (I counted everyone who expressed interest), but requested that we give them an accurate headcount by like the 9th of March.
JDiver and nomadic.relief like this.

Last edited by Zorak; Feb 11, 2019 at 5:25 pm
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AA PLT, DL GM, SPG GLD, Hyatt GLD, SPG GLD
Great DO ideas, I think I can make it. Will confirm later this week hopefully.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL DM
Interested in the meals / social acitivites other than the tour / museums.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:59 pm

Ugh, I now know one of the reasons the hotel prices seemed higher that weekend vs Mar 2nd - Zorak, you will be staying at the Official Headquarters Hotel for the American Pharmacists Association's Annual meeting.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Ugh, I now know one of the reasons the hotel prices seemed higher that weekend vs Mar 2nd - Zorak, you will be staying at the Official Headquarters Hotel for the American Pharmacists Association's Annual meeting.
Ah, that explains the cash price @:-) but it wasn't a total ripoff using points plus maybe I'll be able to score some free samples
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Mrs767 suggested 13 Coins (recently relocated from the longtime Boren Avenue location to Pioneer Square) for breakfast/brunch on Sunday ...
jinglish likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
I will query our friends at Scratch Distillery in Edmonds this Sunday (17 Feb) as to whether they can accommodate a group of 10-15 on Saturday afternoon
Zorak likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Any feedback on flying in and out of PAE? Alaska has LAX-PAE flights (ok, Horizon Air E175s) as well as LAX-SEA options. HGI is likely where we'd stay but getting a rental car will be a "Paine" at this point.

David
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DELee
Any feedback on flying in and out of PAE? Alaska has LAX-PAE flights (ok, Horizon Air E175s) as well as LAX-SEA options. HGI is likely where we'd stay but getting a rental car will be a "Paine" at this point.

David
Not a whole lot, because PAE doesn't have its first flight until a couple of weeks before this DO. The location will be convenient for the factory tour, but not so much if you're planning on joining for meals in Seattle.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cool Distillery tour/tasting is pencilled in (free!)

Originally Posted by jrl767
I will query our friends at Scratch Distillery in Edmonds this Sunday (17 Feb) as to whether they can accommodate a group of 10-15 on Saturday afternoon

Kim and Bryan said this will be fine ... they would like a head count a couple days in advance, so please post your interest in the wiki

I suggest lunch at Anthony’s Beach Cafe by the Edmonds marina (~25 min drive from the visitor center; ~5 min walk from Scratch) after the Boeing tour
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Confirmed:
DELee + daughter

Decided to give the LAX-PAE route a try. Will drive down into SEA and Seattle area for other activities.

Have our tix for the Boeing tour.

David
CMK10 and Zorak like this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:15 am
Original Poster

BenA and I are going to visit the Flying Heritage museum in the afternoon, which means lunch closer to PAE, probably at Diamond Knot, and then meet back with everyone for dinner.
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
BenA and I are going to visit the Flying Heritage museum in the afternoon, which means lunch closer to PAE, probably at Diamond Knot, and then meet back with everyone for dinner.
Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon?

David
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELee
Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon?
Saturday, i.e. for the two of us at least Saturday will be Boeing tour, lunch, Flying Heritage museum, then dinner (with probably some time to kill in the late afternoon before dinner)
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Times like this I really wish I were more of a flake, you are really making me want to call in "sick"!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.