Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

12th Annual WineDo - Sunday June 2, 2019 NYC - North Square (4 seats available)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12th Annual WineDo - Sunday June 2, 2019 NYC - North Square (4 seats available)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I am not yet sure if I will be staying past Sunday morning, however please mark me as interested!
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Marriott, Hertz, Avis
Would love to join in!! Me plus 1!
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Looks like I am the first on the waitlist - my plans to be away the weekend of WineDo have been cancelled.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
If your plans change, and you can't make it to WineDo, let us know.

Theme > R&R. Reds and Riesling, This makes picking a wine easy. N.B. Champagne is always a welcome addition. If two attendees decide to go in together, for $70 you can get a really nice bottle of (grower) Champagne. Minimum buy in is a $35 bottle. For new (and old) attendees, wines need to be posted in May. Paypal info will be sent May 1.

Dan
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:25 am

I'd love to join in, and I'm sure my +1 would love too as well.

I'm coming in from Australia. I'm excited about what wine to bring from here.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Viridianne
I'd love to join in, and I'm sure my +1 would love too as well.

I'm coming in from Australia. I'm excited about what wine to bring from here.
G'day. I waitlisted you + 1. Once I start asking for pre-payment, some that are confirmed may drop out. Stay tuned. FYI, if you clear, please bring 1 bottle valued at $70 USD. This info is noted in the first thread.

N.B. > DLroads had to drop out, so HPN-HRL cleared. This means we have a Champagne shortage.

Last edited by dhammer53; Mar 30, 2019 at 2:23 pm
Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The pressure is on ... although I already have an idea that will fit the theme and please Monitor. It could end up being wine in a Box(ler). But the year is still young. Who knows.
***Wine Announcement***

While I went in to buy one of the Albert Boxler Rieslings, and while the knowledgeable salesperson was steering me toward the reserve, not the grand cru (because he thought the grand cru in stock was still too young), his eyes had already lightened up by the 2015 Kuentz-Bas Geisberg Alsace Grand Cru I already had in my hand.

And that is what I left with, a 2015 Kuentz-Bas Geisberg Alsace Grand Cru, my 2019 contribution to the dinner.

As to not make Frantic's +1 too upset, not only do I think he'll like this, but I also left the store with a bottle of Albert Boxler's modestly-priced Cremant d'Alsace, and if he gets his poto out this way before I consume it, I'll share.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
***Wine Announcement***

While I went in to buy one of the Albert Boxler Rieslings, and while the knowledgeable salesperson was steering me toward the reserve, not the grand cru (because he thought the grand cru in stock was still too young), his eyes had already lightened up by the 2015 Kuentz-Bas Geisberg Alsace Grand Cru I already had in my hand.

And that is what I left with, a 2015 Kuentz-Bas Geisberg Alsace Grand Cru, my 2019 contribution to the dinner.

As to not make Frantic's +1 too upset, not only do I think he'll like this, but I also left the store with a bottle of Albert Boxler's modestly-priced Cremant d'Alsace, and if he gets his poto out this way before I consume it, I'll share.
One of my wine friends drank the 2014 and really enjoyed it. His note is on Cellartracker.
I'm looking forward to enjoying your wine EastBay1k.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dhammer53

N.B. > DLroads had to drop out. This means we have a Champagne shortage.
If you look at the OP, KathyWdrf, Pindi, and dhammer53 are going in on a

2006 Taittinger Champagne Brut Blanc de Blancs Comtes de Champagne.

It's my hope to reduce the number of bottles at dinner to a manageable 15 - 18 bottles. If anyone else wants me to help them find a partner to go in on a bottle ($35 x 2 = $70), that would be one fine wine/Champagne. Let's think out of the box.

I know I can be a pain about this, but isn't drinking better wine what WineDo is all about?
pindi and KathyWdrf like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas

I know I can be a pain about this, but isn't drinking better wine what WineDo is all about?
I thought it was about traveling 2400 miles to visit an old friend who lives about 20 miles from me, that I see once a year at Wine Do. :-:
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Two months from this posting, WineDo will be winding down. Time to start thinking about what you're going to bring. Please post to the thread when you have an idea. It will help everyone out. Attendees coming with a +1 are requested to bring one $70 bottle instead of 2 bottles at $35.

See you in 2 months. If you are coming solo, please post to the thread so you can find a partner to share a bottle. My cellar is available if you'd like.
Paypal info will go out May 1.

Dan
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
I will be bringing a 2009 Columbia Winery Peninsula Red Willow Vineyard. It is in the middle of its drinking window and has great reviews. I believe that this was the last year that Peninsula was made.
Eastbay1K, dhammer53 and owlwoman like this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Marriott Silver
Hi Dan,

I'll go in on a bottle with you, preferably red and add $35.00 to the balance due, does that work for you?

Best,

Pam
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by owlwoman
Hi Dan,

I'll go in on a bottle with you, preferably red and add $35.00 to the balance due, does that work for you?

Best,

Pam
Sounds good. Ok folks. owlwoman is looking for someone to go in with her on a red wine. If interested, let me know.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Sounds good. Ok folks. owlwoman is looking for someone to go in with her on a red wine. If interested, let me know.
I'm interested in teaming up.
dhammer53 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.