Reload this Page >

The 16th Annual Oregon Brewers Festival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 16th Annual Oregon Brewers Festival

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2003, 4:41 pm

Programs: SPG Pref+, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, BA Blue, AA Riff-Raff, UA Unwashed, Travel Anonymous Platinum
I've never been to any beer festival, but it seems OBF is one of the "major" festival. So that, plus an excuse to visit lovely Portland for a weekend is very tempting. But I'll wait until I have a job first before I decide whether to come.

Thanks for the head-up and hope to meet many of you.
Old Feb 13, 2003, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by markbach:
also, the Westin has a $109 AAA rate on westin.com.</font>
Thanks Mark!

Room is booked

Old Feb 14, 2003, 10:33 am
JSD

Programs: QF P1/LTG; AA 1MM; UA 1MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tazi:
Thanks Mark!

Room is booked

</font>
Also booked at the Westin. Thanks for the info Mark.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 10:35 am

Location: Chicago - AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott PL, Starwood PL, Hyatt Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JSD:
Also booked at the Westin. Thanks for the info Mark.</font>
Aaagh...that is I'M booked at the Westin. I didn't look at who was logged on to my computer...
Old Feb 14, 2003, 12:26 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
more competition for suites
Old Feb 14, 2003, 5:26 pm

Programs: SPG Pref+, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, BA Blue, AA Riff-Raff, UA Unwashed, Travel Anonymous Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by markbach:
also, the Westin has a $109 AAA rate on westin.com.</font>
Is this cancelable/refundable? I'd love to go, but don't know yet if I can go. So the prudent thing would be to book now...

Thanks!
Old Feb 14, 2003, 5:28 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Hate to break it to you, but I think you were looking at last year's participants; they change from year-to-year and don't usually do consecutive years. No worries though. I'm sure you can get some local yokel to fix you up with whatever you like.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tazi:
hmmmm ... I love beer, my favorite brewery will be in attendence,
</font>

[This message has been edited by essxjay (edited 02-14-2003).]
Old Feb 14, 2003, 5:30 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

One more thing: I think this event calls for an encore visit from Freddie Jr. ...
Old Feb 19, 2003, 7:11 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by essxjay:
Hate to break it to you, but I think you were looking at last year's participants; they change from year-to-year and don't usually do consecutive years. No worries though. I'm sure you can get some local yokel to fix you up with whatever you like. </font>

Noooo, they have to be there!!! They actually sponsored an event for me here in Maryland a couple years ago. I still have my Dead Guy Ale tattoo!

I checked, they will be there:

http://www.rogue.com/news-events.html

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">July 25-27: Oregon Brewers Festival in Portland, OR. For details, visit OBF-2003 web site You folks on the East Coast may want to join Ale Street News on their first tour west to OBF! Contact Tony and Jack at alestreetnews.com for details!</font>
------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

[This message has been edited by tazi (edited 02-19-2003).]
Old Feb 19, 2003, 7:14 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Ticket purchased:

Arrive: ~1300 Fri
Depart ~1200 Sun

Mmmmm... Beer...
Old Feb 19, 2003, 7:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UA_Eagle:
Is this cancelable/refundable? I'd love to go, but don't know yet if I can go. So the prudent thing would be to book now...

Thanks!
</font>
I was able to reserve the AAA rate without a deposit ... just a credit card.

Old Feb 20, 2003, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by I012609:
Aaagh...that is I'M booked at the Westin. I didn't look at who was logged on to my computer... </font>
hummm, note the post date I didn't see this until today, but count me in too. I just booked at the Westin as well even though I don't have AAA, but will figure that out later. Maybe I can use my sisters since we have the same last name? I am not really a big beer drinker, however, those who know me know I certainly can hold my own
Old Feb 20, 2003, 6:51 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zoegksf:
even though I don't have AAA, but will figure that out later. Maybe I can use my sisters since we have the same last name?</font>
If they check...which is unlikely, you will most likely be able to use your sister's card (why not get your own card under her account, IIRC the extra person fee is like $30/year, and WELL worth it, just for the free maps alone )

If not, I'm sure many other FTers (myself included) have AAA cards and would check in with you.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 8:47 pm

I don't have AAA either but after the last four months, I wish I did. Even if I don't take into account the money I would have saved in towing, I often find discounts on travel and hotels that would pay for the yearly fee time and time again.

I'll be a member before July. It's well worth it

hmmmm.... beer

------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin
Old Feb 20, 2003, 9:07 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

&lt;&lt; bumping for updates &gt;&gt;

As a native PDXer and downtown denizen, I'm happy to field any queries about where to stay, amenities/conditions of hotels, airport transport options, etc.

Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] for specific info.

I never tire helping visitors find the most comfortably afforable digs, as well as delicous eataries within walking/cabbing distance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.