Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Freddie Jr Needs a Ride (NY-DC or SFO-DC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Freddie Jr Needs a Ride (NY-DC or SFO-DC)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2003, 11:53 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
he better not be kidnapped!!! Freddie JR is suppose to visit the World Clubs in MSP, HNL, LGW, LAX and DTW with me on memorial day weekend!
Old Apr 30, 2003, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
thezipper,

Not to worry. Before I head to DCA, I'm giving Freddie his own personal tour of Brooklyn.

Dan
Old Apr 30, 2003, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dhammer53:
thezipper,

Not to worry. Before I head to DCA, I'm giving Freddie his own personal tour of Brooklyn.

Dan
</font>
Make sure to take pictures! Hopefully, Freddie Jr. has a better sense of direction than I do and won't end up wandering the streets of Brooklyn alone

------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

[This message has been edited by tazi (edited 05-01-2003).]
Old Apr 30, 2003, 9:45 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
I'm glad to hear that Freddie Jr. is still getting around, we were pleased to have his company on a trip to the South of Chile (To the best of my knowledge the Southernmost point in his world travels) in the fall of 2000.

The Continuing World Tour of Freddie Jr.

I hope his sootkase tag hasn't worn out.
Old May 1, 2003, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Besides lipstick marks , the following tags are attached:

1. Yellow Flyertalk luggage tag.
2. Concorde luggage tag showing the rightful owner of Freddie (it's some guy in COS).
3. TAROM luggage tag.
4. The black with silver printed FLYER TALK "Freddie Jr." what I'm assuming is the above tag (legendary from what I understand) tag.
Old May 1, 2003, 6:59 am
Commander Catcop

4. The black with silver printed FLYER TALK "Freddie Jr." what I'm assuming is the above tag (legendary from what I understand) tag.

For those who are not aware... that tag is the legendary, beautiful Old Gold Sootcase Tag They are made by the great Old Gold himself I believe from old airline parts. They're given to Flyertalkers who visit Old GOld in Tuscon and join the S.T.I.F.F.S. (the South Tuscon International Frequent Flyers Society.)

There are luggage tags... but the Old Gold tags are extra special.

Old Gold and his lovely wife are also hosts of the S.T.I.F.F.S dos Last year each guest got a special BLUE S.T.I.F.F.S luggage tag.
Old May 1, 2003, 5:13 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Silver, 3 stays from Starwood Platinum!
2. Concorde tag.

I put this tag on Freddie Jr. on December 2, 2002 LHR-JFK, and wrote Randy's name, etc. on it. Ringo Starr was on our flight. I've been told that perhaps Freddie had already been on the Concorde, but I don't know with whom? FTer.

4. Special Sootkase tag

I've been to Tucson and visited with Old Gold, but have never received a special tag. Perhaps being a latecomer (Sunday arrival) does not qualify me for this status? Sigh. Story of my life.

Linda
Old May 1, 2003, 7:39 pm

Please excuse the newbie question, but what/who is Freddie Jr???

Read the first post and thought it was someones kid.

Zoom
Old May 1, 2003, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zoomnbyu:
Please excuse the newbie question, but what/who is Freddie Jr???</font>
Freddie, Jr. is the Freddie Award "Industry Impact Award" given to Flyertalk in 2000. Here are several Flyertalkers accepting the award from Randy.

For more background, please see:
Old May 1, 2003, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:

For more background, please see Freddie Jr.'s World Tour One is underway
The Continuing World Tour of Freddie Jr where is Freddie junior?[/URL][/list]
</font>
And don't forget ... Freddie absconded by...

Old May 5, 2003, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dhammer53:
And don't forget ... Freddie absconded by...

</font>
Absconded by gleff after a successful handoff this afternoon at DCA...

Thanks, Dan!
Old May 6, 2003, 9:05 am

Has Freddie Jr. ever been to Mauritius and the Seychelles? Has he been on safari in South Africa? If you'd be so kind as to pass an invite on to the little fella, we'd be happy to take him along from Jun 24-Jul 13. He'd be kept safe from the Big 5. And of course, in keeping with his status, he'd be traveling BA in A whenever possible.

Robin
Old May 6, 2003, 9:29 am
Community Director Emerita

Freddie Jr went on 3/4 of my RTW trip last year, that included a few days in Mauritius. However, you can never get too much of a good thing! I haven't heard about him touching down in the Seychelles or going on safari. Darn shame we haven't kept a Freddie travel log all in one spot.
Old May 6, 2003, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Freddie goes to thezipper next, who'll be taking him to HNL and LGW all in the same weekend.

Not sure if he's been promised forward or not.
Old May 6, 2003, 11:25 am
Commander Catcop

When will Zipper bring Freddie back stateside?

If there is a way to get Freddie to the NYC area by the time Fishbait leaves for Africa and we cna meet up (NYC or Northern NJ) Then I can take the handoff to Fishbait.

Just a suggestion. It would be nice for someone different to get Freddie (who I don't believe has been on a safari yet.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.