Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:02 pm

I am interested!
soupxxxx
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:07 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Excellent news... its always a pleasure to hear that one of the "regulars" is considering a return trip to EZE...

Will update the list on the 1st page of this thread... ^

Originally Posted by soupxxxx
I am interested!
soupxxxx
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
I'm now booked at the host hotel. What options do you suggest for transportation to the hotel from EZE? The hotel offers a private care for AR$800 which is only ~$18.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by rxgeek
I'm now booked at the host hotel. What options do you suggest for transportation to the hotel from EZE? The hotel offers a private care for AR$800 which is only ~$18.
That’s pretty good at today’s exchange rate because an Uber is between 650 and 800 depending on the time of the day and a Remis from the airport is much higher than Manuel Tienda Leon bus plus transfer to your hotel it’s 485 ARS As of today. I’m at the AMEX Centurion lounge right now is way better these days and the star alliance lounge. Because of the volatility the peso prices may change come September . Bear in mind the city is very slow people are really hungry for US dollars most of the places that I typically go are kind of slow, taxis are roaming the streets looking for fares And it’s a very difficult time for the locals things are really depressed. Don’t pay a lot of money for things you’ll just be taken advantage of A $75 lunch or dinner is way out of the question no matter where you go

Last edited by Flying Machine; Apr 29, 2019 at 3:21 pm
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
An update of travel plans Frau Dr.... ?

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Interested as always.
Thanks Steve, I will start a list of confirmed attendees for each event (on the 1st page of this thread).

Cheers !!

Originally Posted by cyborg
Alex,

Thanks for setting up the Smart Hotel as the base. I just booked there for the Do. Great rate and wonderful staff!

I will be arriving Thursday morning and departing late Sunday. Count me in for all events Friday and Saturday.

Cheers,

-Cyborg

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 17, 2019 at 9:45 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old May 1, 2019, 7:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
An update of travel plans Frau Dr.... ?
It's looking like I'll be able to stay over to Monday this year. I just need to make plane and hotel reservations, but I'm certainly planning to do COW DO (and WINE DO from the right side of the Andes) once again.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Amazing News... this means you will be able to double-dip on the Tastings !!!

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's looking like I'll be able to stay over to Monday this year. I just need to make plane and hotel reservations, but I'm certainly planning to do COW DO (and WINE DO from the right side of the Andes) once again.
Old May 11, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Hello! I just noticed this thread and this “do” has definitely piqued my interest. I’ve only attended one “do” in YYZ and would love a chance to meet more FTers - what better way to do so than enjoying cow and wine! Plus, I’ve never been to EZE!

i can’t quite commit yet as my calendar for July and August for work is still not firm. But I’ll definitely start researching flights etc. Is there a deadline you need commitment by?
Old May 12, 2019, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Hello... and thanks for your interest in attending this DO. I will put you on the "interested" list on the 1st page of this thread, and hope you are able to work this out with your work calendar !!!

Cheers from EZE,
Alex (Gaucho100K)

Originally Posted by SteadyAT
Hello! I just noticed this thread and this “do” has definitely piqued my interest. I’ve only attended one “do” in YYZ and would love a chance to meet more FTers - what better way to do so than enjoying cow and wine! Plus, I’ve never been to EZE!

i can’t quite commit yet as my calendar for July and August for work is still not firm. But I’ll definitely start researching flights etc. Is there a deadline you need commitment by?
Old May 14, 2019, 6:40 am

Reservations Made!

I arrive EZE on 28 Aug (UA979) @ 0950 and depart EZE on 2 Sep (UA 818) @ 2125.

I will be at the Hotel Centro Naval on Av Cordoba (a block from the Sheraton).

I would like to sign up for everything!

soupxxxx
Old May 15, 2019, 12:43 am

Programs: FB Platinum
I’m still looking for flights - my work calendar has been blocked for the Do for months so no issues on that side

Hope to be able to confirm soon.
Old May 19, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My flights are booked and it's beyond the 24 hour free cancellation period, so this is definitive: I arrive on Tuesday August 27th and depart on Monday September 2nd, of course on DL through ATL.

As usual I plan to stay at the Hyatt, although my suite there is not yet confirmed, so there's a slight chance I could decamp to the boutique hotel for the DO days and nights.

I definitely want to sign up for both wine tastings and all of the dinners. Lunches are to be determined as it can be too much food for me.
FlyingCow likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Can confirm I’m in as well

I’ll arrive Friday August 29th early and stay until Sunday September 8th. I’d love to join all activities.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by FlyingCow
Can confirm I’m in as well

I’ll arrive Friday August 29th early and stay until Sunday September 8th. I’d love to join all activities.
YAY! It will be fun to see you again.
FlyingCow likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Its time, again, to thank everybody for their patience... and bring life to the Official Master Thread for the 15th consecutive Cow Do in Buenos Aires (EZE).

As customary, this DO happens over the US Labor Day Weekend - please come back to this thread to learn about this event, including program updates and news. This DO is a gathering of FTers (and non-FTers also welcome) that come together to enjoy Beef & Malbec, and all the other nice & interesting things that Buenos Aires has to offer. From Tango to Polo, Leather, Soccer and one of the Wonders of the World, Buenos Aires is just the welcome gateway to a variety of programs & possibilities....

This DO is one of the longest running yearly events of all FlyerTalk, I think that its tradition is only second to the Australia Do... Im sure that I can be corrected in case Im mistaken, but regardless, this DO is for sure one of the top DO's of these boards in terms of "years of service", and Im very happy & proud to be able to remain a part of this event that brings folks to my hometown, Buenos Aires.

After a great experience last year, we are again naming the 1828 Smart Hotel as the "official" (or suggested) Hotel for this Do. Needless to say, folks are encouraged to stay anywhere they want, and we do of course understand folks have their hotel points to collect, but for those that want a small luxury non-chain hotel at a great value, I would suggest you consider looking into this property.

They are offering a FlyerTalk Special Corporate Rate, please contact the hotel directly and mention the "FlyerTalk Corporate Rate", and they will provide details. All Bookings are to be made directly with the Hotel and handled by each interested guest.

See the hotel website here: 1828 Smart Hotel

Please post your interest in this do and keep us updated as you book your tickets, hotel & other activities !!!!

Cheers from EZE,
Alex / Gaucho100K
You can add me to the list of confirmed flights and hotel!

soupxxxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.