FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1946367-cow-do-xv-eze-aug-30-sep-02-2019-a.html)

M60_to_LGA Aug 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K (Post 31420790)
Fervor is now the venue that will replace the Saturday night Dinner slot left vacant - and this is a good choice because Fervor is a "surf & turf" type place that aside from an ample selection of dead-Cow, will also offer fish & Italian inspired options for those that want to go easy on more Beef.

That actually works quite well for me, as I'm trying to eat a somewhat healthier diet! Fervor looks amazing - I can't wait to try it! (We're talking Posadas 1519, Recoleta, right?)

MSPeconomist Aug 16, 2019 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA (Post 31424205)
That actually works quite well for me, as I'm trying to eat a somewhat healthier diet! Fervor looks amazing - I can't wait to try it! (We're talking Posadas 1519, Recoleta, right?)

That sounds right. It's on the street that has the tower entrance to the Park Hyatt, within a block or two of the hotel. The cross street might be the same as Sottovocce (spelling?). One year a group of us went there for dinner on Sunday.

ADDED: Will we have a Hyatt herd this year? Anyone else staying at the Park Hyatt Palacio Duhau in Recoleta?

Gaucho100K Aug 17, 2019 4:55 am

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere (Post 31423133)
Is it North or South La Cabrera?

This will be determined a few days before the day of the Dinner, I will be sure to let everybody know.

KayakingNow Aug 17, 2019 9:51 am

Change in plans - please list me for both wine tasting and lunch on Friday.

jfkeze Aug 18, 2019 7:10 am

I'm tempted as I am now in EZE, but need to see if Ms. JFKEZE allows me to have fun as we now have a JFKEZE Jr :D

MSPeconomist Aug 18, 2019 7:45 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze (Post 31429010)
I'm tempted as I am now in EZE, but need to see if Ms. JFKEZE allows me to have fun as we now have a JFKEZE Jr :D

Just do it, or find a baby sitter for Jr and bring Ms along too.

mdt76 Aug 19, 2019 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K (Post 31412152)
OK, so I will put you down for Lunch on Friday and tentative for the Wine Tasting. All in for the events on Monday. What about Saturday...?

Im going to be introducing a couple of changes to the schedule, the Friday Lunch will be held at the same venue as the Wine Tasting, so please let me know as soon as you can if your +1 will want to do the wine tasting. With a 0550 AM flight she will be at the Hotel at 0800-ish so there should be plenty of time to freshen up and make it to the 1100AM tasting.

Thanks.

Hi Gaucho100K,

Just to circle back, we are good to go for Friday lunch, but won't be able to make Friday's Wine Tasting... Looking forward to all events on Monday too!

Very jealous of Saturday's schedule of events, since both Sotto Voce and Fervor are personal favorites, but family duties come first.

See y'all soon!

Mike

Gaucho100K Aug 19, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi !! Please liaise with the higher-authorities and get back to us as soon as possible.... :D

Thanks,
Alex (Gaucho100K)

Originally Posted by jfkeze (Post 31429010)

Gaucho100K Aug 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by mdt76 (Post 31432139)
Hi Gaucho100K,

Just to circle back, we are good to go for Friday lunch, but won't be able to make Friday's Wine Tasting... Looking forward to all events on Monday too!

Very jealous of Saturday's schedule of events, since both Sotto Voce and Fervor are personal favorites, but family duties come first.

See y'all soon!

Mike

OK.... so Friday Lunch, but not Dinner.

And on Monday, you will attend both the Wine Tasting and the Lunch.

Kindly confirm.

Thanks.

BostonGuy Aug 19, 2019 7:35 pm

Hey everyone. I just saw the post about this event and am tempted to fly down.

For those of you who want to stay at Park Hyatt Palacio Duhau at a highly-discounted rate, the "opaque" listing on Hotwire.com (look for a No-name 5-star with 2,460 TripAdvisor reviews) is indeed (ok, 99.9999% likely to be....) the Park Hyatt, for an incredible $200 US / night!

Remember that this is a non-refundable rate. You won't earn points, get upgrades or meals, but it's an absolutely stunning price. Just stunning.

That alone may bring me down.

MSPeconomist Aug 19, 2019 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by BostonGuy (Post 31434272)

For those of you who want to stay at Park Hyatt Palacio Duhau at a highly-discounted rate, the "opaque" listing on Hotwire.com (look for a No-name 5-star with 2,460 TripAdvisor reviews) is indeed (ok, 99.9999% likely to be....) the Park Hyatt, for an incredible $200 US / night!

Remember that this is a non-refundable rate. You won't earn points, get upgrades or meals, but it's an absolutely stunning price. Just stunning.

Just do it.

Gaucho100K Aug 20, 2019 8:48 am

Please keep us updated... we are finalizing plans for various of the large group events and we are very close to full capacity in some. The sooner you can tell us your plans, the better. Please let us know.

cheers,
Gaucho100K

M60_to_LGA Aug 20, 2019 12:57 pm

I wanted to follow up about Sunday, because a poster suggested a while back that there might be an informal get-together that day. Is that still happening? I plan to sleep until whatever hour I happen to get up but don't have any particular plans for the day.

Thanks!

MSPeconomist Aug 20, 2019 9:10 pm

There's also a third night free nonrefundable offer on the Hyatt website, which can apparently be used consecutively, so stay four nights and get two free. It seems to apply to all available room and suite categories and the rate for the two nights is their regular standard (refundable) rate. It's a pretty decent deal if you want to get WOH night credits and elite benefits.

rxgeek Aug 21, 2019 9:59 am

This is the most food-centric DO I've been to. I think all my free time will be on a treadmill.:eek: