Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:20 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Happy to read you would like to join. Its perfectly fine to be part of the events that you are able to fit into your schedule. It would be nice to know as soon as possible, as I will be firming-up Reservations at the different venues very shortly.

Look forward to your updates as you have them.

Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
I'm not a regular visitor to the Argentina forum (and I only come to the country once every couple of years or so), but as luck will have it I'll be in town! I'm arriving on DL from ATL the morning of Sat., 8/31, and I would *love* to attend if the event isn't on Friday night.

Please keep me posted!

EDIT: Just found the schedule so far. Hmmm.... I won't be able to make lunch on the Saturday, but dinner could be a possibility. The lunch Monday might work, but it depends on how my meeting schedule turns out. I should know more in a couple of weeks.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
We will pass on Monday lunch, but everything else looks good.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by KayakingNow

Anyone interested in a meet-up Sunday in San Telmo? There are a number of informal places, including standup counters in the food market (not the Sunday market on Plaza Dorrego), plus other more upscale places.
We might be interested.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by KayakingNow
I’m in for both tastings plus dinner Saturday and lunch Monday.

Anyone interested in a meet-up Sunday in San Telmo? There are a number of informal places, including standup counters in the food market (not the Sunday market on Plaza Dorrego), plus other more upscale places.
This is a great idea, and I would be extremely interested! Please keep me posted.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
We will pass on Monday lunch, but everything else looks good.
Noted, I will ammend accordingly.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Folks, friendly reminder about sourcing Argentine Pesos cash. To make everybody's life easier, it would be nice if we could all agree on a cash policy for payment of all meals. Not that some restaurants wont take credit cards, but this can get complicated, tips cannot be put on a credit card, etc. etc.

Somos Asado is going to be strict cash only. Charity Wine Tasting event will try to keep to cash only (please). Thanks.

To source Pesos, you can use your ATM cards (check fees, if applicable), but the best way is to bring down a couple of hundred dollars and exchange them for Pesos. This can be done at the airport, some hotels offer the service, and there are various official money changers in Recoleta, Retiro, Palermo and all the areas where everybody will be staying. Please feel free to email and or PM me for more information or assistance as you may need it.

Also, for those that have not already done so, it would be nice if you could share where you are staying, this helps other participants plan on sharing taxi rides, or planning on outings during Sunday, etc. etc.

Thanks !!
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Hello Gaucho 100K. I'm afraid I will not be able to make this Do, due to a scheduling conflict. But I will pencil in the Do for Labor Day weekend 2020 now so that I can plan appropriately!
Wishing you a delicious, fun, and successful Cow Do XV!
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SteadyAT
Hello Gaucho 100K. I'm afraid I will not be able to make this Do, due to a scheduling conflict. But I will pencil in the Do for Labor Day weekend 2020 now so that I can plan appropriately!
Wishing you a delicious, fun, and successful Cow Do XV!
Thank you for the update... sorry to read you will miss this edition, but happy that you have put this on your "radar" for 2020 !!!

Cheers from EZE,
Gaucho100K
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:01 am

Do some? many? of the restaurants have free Wi-Fi? How do you say: "Do you have free Wi-Fi and what is the password?" in Spanish?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Do some? many? of the restaurants have free Wi-Fi? How do you say: "Do you have free Wi-Fi and what is the password?" in Spanish?
A few restaurants will have free Wi-Fi - but dont hold your breath about truly high speeds..... I would have to check with each of the Do restaurants to tell you specifics.

The phrases you are quoting above would be....

Tienen WiFi Gratis y cual es la contrasenia por favor....?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Friendly reminder to everybody to please update us on travel plans, where you will be staying - and also kindly review the event participation dashboard to see if we have you down for the right events.

Thanks !!!
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz P.C., GE/NEXUS
Won't be able to make it this year, hoping for better luck next year. Have fun everyone!
Old Aug 10, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club

Somos Asados has WiFi (by the way see post 29 above for details about the excellent lunch special they serve weekdays for 250 ARS, About $5.50 USD)

In general, most restaurants cafés etc. will have free Wi-Fi, just need to ask for the password if it’s not printed anywhere. Additionally, there’s Wi-Fi hotspots in the Subte bus plaza stations and several parks throughout the city.And for T-Mobile fans, the free roaming works well all over the city. I’m able to use Google Maps, Uber, any streaming service I like including Skype.

Take a look at this site:

https://www.argentinaonthego.com/en/...-in-argentina/

Last edited by Flying Machine; Aug 10, 2019 at 1:52 pm
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine

Somos Asados has WiFi (by the way see post 29 above for details about the excellent lunch special they serve weekdays for 250 ARS, About $5.50 USD)

In general, most restaurants cafés etc. will have free Wi-Fi, just need to ask for the password if it’s not printed anywhere. Additionally, there’s Wi-Fi hotspots in the Subte bus plaza stations and several parks throughout the city.And for T-Mobile fans, the free roaming works well all over the city. I’m able to use Google Maps, Uber, any streaming service I like including Skype.

Take a look at this site:

https://www.argentinaonthego.com/en/...-in-argentina/
Hey Flying Machine,

Are you joining us for the DO?

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by cyborg
Hey Flying Machine,

Are you joining us for the DO?

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Unfortunately not, I’ll be back in Buenos Aires first week of November for three weeks. Enjoy your time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.